• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was on a relatively new server that had a tracking component that looks like this. Score was based off of this:

4 points for a kill
3 points for an assist
-2 points for a death

Don't know if that is how the score is computed though.

Are old crates worth anything? I have series 3, 4, 9, 19, 21.

And also does anyone have any idea why my director's taunt doesn't work? I have it equipped in the action slot and when I press the taunt button I just do my regular taunt...

Firebrand

MisterAnderson said:

And also does anyone have any idea why my director's taunt doesn't work? I have it equipped in the action slot and when I press the taunt button I just do my regular taunt...

There's a separate "action" button, check your key bindings.

gibration

MisterAnderson said:

Press 'H' to use the taunt equipped in your action slot.

sixghost

wartime1020 said:
For those wondering why their points seem oddly low on that tracker, I'm pretty sure it only tracks kills, and not points in the way the game tracks. So medics will have a lot fewer points than those who play other classes.
Well that explains it :(

yeoz

Yeef said:
Crossaint was my favorite, so I'm glad it won.
The version of the map I have is cp_croissant_b2 not b1. Update it :(

Forkball said:
Please implement HLStatsX so we can see "Dude (43,303) got four points for killing Bro (3,293)" race through the chat box.
Yeef already said he was going to turn that all off

The_Technomancer said:
I just opened my inventory, and I have a Soda Popper. I have no recollection of where it came from.

This happened to me for the Loch n Load and the Liberty Launcher. Perhaps it glitched and never gave us the alert that we got it?

MisterAnderson said:
This happened to me for the Loch n Load and the Liberty Launcher. Perhaps it glitched and never gave us the alert that we got it?

If you die right before a map change and you have a drop ready, it'll just get put into your backpack while it changes.

blamite

So I've stopped getting drops in the middle of games lately... I never get notifications after dying, but after I quit a server, I'll sometimes get a few items at once. Is this a common thing?

Yeef

Alaskanbullworm said:
If you die right before a map change and you have a drop ready, it'll just get put into your backpack while it changes.
On top of that, I've noticed that, since the uber update, some times if you have new drops after awhile they'll just get added to your backpack. I've had it happen several times where I didn't even have the game running.

I just had the worse pub match ever. Holy shit, just don't be a medic or you'll just rage at their stupidity, and wasted ubers.

Oh, and like 6 spies on my team. Ugh.

Sgt.Pepper said:
I just had the worse pub match ever. Holy shit, just don't be a medic or you'll just rage at their stupidity, and wasted ubers.

speaking of medics... Kritz + Liberty Launcher = MAN DOWN.

Yeef

Sgt.Pepper said:

I once joined a game via matchmaking on Nucleus. There were 6 people on my team (including me). Four were spies one was an engineer.

XeroSauce

I hate the big brother syndrome; when I'm doing well as a Spy, suddenly there's 3 other Spies. I go Scout? 4 fullretard Scouts jumping into pits. I'm all for helping people out but this is ridiculous.

XeroSauce said:
I hate the big brother syndrome; when I'm doing well as a Spy, suddenly there's 3 other Spies. I go Scout? 4 fullretard Scouts jumping into pits. I'm all for helping people out but this is ridiculous.

The tribulations of being totally pro.

JackEtc

HNNNG, I never really played TF2 that much (owned it for a while now), more on and off. Now I'm playing CONSTANTLY. I love playing it. It's really fun to jump into the instant play servers and feed on the fresh meat (good spy practice). I'm not very good, but I usually play Spy, Pyro, and Sniper. I'm probably the best at spy, then pyro and sniper (which doesn't take much skill impo).

XeroSauce said:
Ugh, this happens to me too.

Yeef

XeroSauce said:
I joined a thunder mountain server yesterday, planning to mess around as spy, but there were already 3 spies on my team, so I went pyro. Within a few minutes I was a the top of the scoreboard and all but 1 of the spies swapped their class to pyro. I wish I could do that well as pyro on a real server. ;(

Sgt.Pepper said:

Don't even get me started on pub servers. Every time i try to get someone to back me up when I'm trying to defend the briefcase, the only response I get is the entire team deciding to play Rambo and rush towards their death. Meanwhile, I'm sitting there at the case, waiting for the inevitable shitstorm about to come my way.

mojiimbo

MisterAnderson said:
The $5 minimum wallet adding in the Steam wallet is really annoying...

Edit: Does anyone want to trade a #20 crate for my #21 crate?
You can buy a Sticky Jumper and use the other $4.50 to gift yourself a Steam game that you were going to buy anyways.

JackEtc

Added the GAF server, maybe I'll hop on later.

Steam: Jaklap

Also, anyone know anything about item rarity? I have a few things I don't know the rarity of.

I have the Tam O' Shanter, the Madame Dixie, the Vintage Stockbroker's Scarf and the Vintage Foster's Facade. I've been offered trades for them, but I don't know how much they are worth.

Zel3

can't wait to level it up and have annoying pop ups for everyone else :D
strange.png

Blizzard

Banned
I used my tickets to get the summer shades (then noticed that the cop glasses are better but presumably pay/drop only), but they didn't show up ingame. Do I have to do anything special to get them?

Grinchy

Banned
I'd still like to trade my Heavy shades (security shades) for a strange rocket launcher. I actually kind of agree that strange primaries are for the birds but sometimes I like to fly. I have no idea why I just said that but I just woke up at 4am to start my day so that could be why.

Sgt.Pepper said:

joined a 24/7 dusbowl server on a team against regulars who were going spy. BIGGEST MISTAKE EVER, especially as engineer. hoooly shit. also, after each and every captured point/round win they would spam "EZ EZ EZ EZ" in fucking text chat so much I actually wanted to punch them.

I have 5 crates (#17) and 3 coolers to get rid of . I don't want anything fancy in return , so almost anything will do .

I'll be able to trade those in 4 hours when I come back from work .

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Sgt.Pepper said:

Now you know why I rage...

JackEtc

dragonlife29 said:
Who were you?
Jaklap. I only played for 10 or 15 minutes though. It was also 1:30AM, so maybe the fact that I was tired as balls had something to do with it. I'd get a kill or two every life, but was constantly being killed, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom