• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Bufbaf said:
fuck, I just bought the summer scout bag and flip-flops and guess what - you can't equip both, since both of them need the back slot.

Fuck you Valve for posting pics with the Scout wearing both of them. Really, fuck you. :/
They pretty much confirmed they're working on a 2nd misc. slot on their blog. Just have to sit tight.

Bufbaf said:
fuck, I just bought the summer scout bag and flip-flops and guess what - you can't equip both, since both of them need the back slot.

Fuck you Valve for posting pics with the Scout wearing both of them. Really, fuck you. :/

If anyone wants the flip-flops, I have a gift wrap (if that's even possible)

A second misc slot is coming in a future update.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Oh well then. :)

I still hate you, Valve! You hear me?

:(

Baha

Last offer for gta4 complete before I break down and spend what little I have left in my steam wallet. I can offer:

Copper's Hard Cap
Security Shades
Coupe D'ISASTER
Strange Sticky Bomb Launhcer
Stranger Rocket Launcher
Strange Natascha

All those items for gta 4 complete.

[EDIT] Thank you wartime!

Yeef

Bufbaf said:

If anyone wants the flip-flops, I have a gift wrap (if that's even possible)
teamfortress.com said:
Note: The Scout is shown equipped with TWO miscellaneous slot items. We realize this is currently IMPOSSIBLE. After firing the artist responsible, we are now working on making that artist's vision a reality.
Those responsible have already been punished!

desh

Yeef said:
Juggling is easy. Airshotting isn't. I think it'd be easier with higher mouse yaw, but TF2 locks is at 22. You can get around that by adjusting your sensitivity and pitch, but I'm too lazy to do the math.
What are you talking about with the mouse yaw and the sensitivity?

I've put 133 hours into this game and just now crafted my first weapon (Brass Beast). I pretty much ignored the whole 'loot' aspect of the game until now. I'm surprised it's this easy and the interface is fairly intuitive. I seem to remember it was a pain in the ass when it was first introduced.

Yeef

desh said:
What are you talking about with the mouse yaw and the sensitivity?
I don't recall the specifics, but i recall reading an article about how mouse yaw, mouse pitch and sensitivity relate to each other. Depending on how you set them you can basically adjust your vertical and horizontal sensitivities separately. By default both m_yaw and m_pitch are set to 0.022. TF2 locks one of them at that value while you're free to edit the other one. This is to keep people from locking their vertical sensitivity at headshot level. However, since m_yaw and m_pitch work on a ratio to one another you can still edit your vertical sensitivity, you just have to figure out what the right ratio is compared to 0.022. I'm too lazy to do that.

desh

Yeef said:
I don't recall the specifics, but i recall reading an article about how mouse yaw, mouse pitch and sensitivity relate to each other. Depending on how you set them you can basically adjust your vertical and horizontal sensitivities separately. By default both m_yaw and m_pitch are set to 0.022. TF2 locks one of them at that value while you're free to edit the other one. This is to keep people from locking their vertical sensitivity at headshot level. However, since m_yaw and m_pitch work on a ratio to one another you can still edit your vertical sensitivity, you just have to figure out what the right ratio is compared to 0.022. I'm too lazy to do that.
oh ok. I've always like having my pitch and yaw be the same. I'm not sure why I would want them to be different.

EmCeeGramr said:
1) It happens sometimes during maintenance or connection problems. If it's bad try opening the console and typing "retry" in to reconnect to the server, see if that fixes it.

2) It's just a relative thing. When you're a spy, it seems like it takes ages when every second counts, but it's really the same speed as everyone else.

Right on. That item slot thing is a real pain, but hopefully it'll calm down soon. For the Spy, that makes sense. I've just run into countless instances where I spy checked all the corners of a room and they still stab me the instant I decide to leave. No idea how they had the time to uncloak so I was wondering if there was an item that gave them that ability or something.

On the topic of the spy, any good tactics to use with "Your eternal reward"? Once I get that first guy I'm fine, but I'm pretty useless until that point since I can never uncloak and back stab in enough time.

Dakota47

My favorite rank so far. Too bad it changed again after one kill.

euZ7T.jpg

Yeef

desh said:
oh ok. I've always like having my pitch and yaw be the same. I'm not sure why I would want them to be different.
I find that with having them the same the vertical isn't sensitivity enough for me. It might just be my mouse or my computer setup.

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
Tkawsome said:
On the topic of the spy, any good tactics to use with "Your eternal reward"? Once I get that first guy I'm fine, but I'm pretty useless until that point since I can never uncloak and back stab in enough time.

Depends on your watch.

Invis. Watch: You need to get from Point A to Point B without dropping cloak, since you don't have disguises to fall back on. Know where the ammo is, avoid the front line, grab every dropped weapon you can. Once you're in position, you know what to do.

C&D: Same as always, wait for a straggler and nip 'em.

Dead Ringer: The best for YER if you ask me. You can run around as a revolver Spy for a little while, let yourself get 'killed', then get to your position. If you're lucky you'll soften up or even kill an enemy in the process.

Ferrio

Banned
Charron said:
Depends on your watch.

Invis. Watch: You need to get from Point A to Point B without dropping cloak, since you don't have disguises to fall back on. Know where the ammo is, avoid the front line, grab every dropped weapon you can. Once you're in position, you know what to do.

Dead Ringer: The best for YER if you ask me. You can run around as a revolver Spy for a little while, let yourself get 'killed', then get to your position. If you're lucky you'll soften up or even kill an enemy in the process.

Everytime i try the dead ringer with reward, I always get one shot so I never get time to bring up the ringer. So annoying.

Clydefrog

Charron said:
Depends on your watch.

I used to do YER + DR exclusively but have since switched to the vanilla style spy. It's fun :)

Baha

parasight said:
Hmm, should I level my Strange GRU or trade it? It's probably not going to fetch anything good anyway.

Level it like I did. Make people fear you running with that GRU.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
parasight said:
Hmm, should I level my Strange GRU or trade it? It's probably not going to fetch anything good anyway.
Probably best to keep it, it's one of the less desired Stranges.

Yeef

Well, there's lots of things that are worse, but this isn't the "Lots of things that are worse |OT2|." So there!

Zomba13

So... I have spare Fosters Facade/Stockbrokers Scarf. Will I be able to trade them for anything? Like a hat each or both for a hat? Any hat really?

Also am I better off trying to trade my PvZ bucket and cone or rebuilding them into a random headgear? Will I even get anything for them as PvZ was so cheap?

Blizzard said:
Oh come on, you people. It's been like a page now with no one commenting, and like one person even acknowledged my question in the server last night when I asked it like 50 times. =P

Surely SOMEONE else unlocked the summer shades from the Steam summer event, right? And I'm seeing picture(s) of them. Are people just doing that with local hax, or are they actually dropping? If they're dropping, how do you get them to drop after you redeem them?
I went to look at your profile, but it's private. The specs should show up there. They are not a hat item, and you have to equip them through the slot that contains the badges. Anyway, check your profile. It should show them in gold saying redeemed. Also check your account transaction page. That will have a list of it being sent to you.

AH, unbanned!

I haven't played much in the last 6 days because I've been on a suicide mission to win at Super Stardust HD, but I'll be on playing some TF again tonight after dinner.

Forkball

BobTheFork said:
AH, unbanned!

I haven't played much in the last 6 days because I've been on a suicide mission to win at Super Stardust HD, but I'll be on playing some TF again tonight after dinner.
When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die.

Zomba13

Decided to craft my spare PvZ hats together. Got the Pyro Chef hat which is pretty cool and makes a nice replacement for my Team Spirit Foster's Facade until TS paint gets fixed and stops being red on blue team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom