• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sibylus

Banned
Is there a handy reference guide for the going rate on hats and stuff in the trade economy? Got a Large Luchadore for the Heavy today through a drop, wouldn't mind swapping for a hat of a class I spend more time with.

DarkKyo

Botolf said:
Is there a handy reference guide for the going rate on hats and stuff in the trade economy? Got a Large Luchadore for the Heavy today through a drop, wouldn't mind swapping for a hat of a class I spend more time with.
That's a newer hat so you could probably have a good choice of what you want in return.

DarkKyo

Soule said:
Some guy is offering me 5.5 buds for Unusual Fedora with sunbeams, worth it?
Personally I think thats worth something like 8 buds seeing as how sunbeams is like the highest tier effect I think....

Though I'm not too sure so you may need a few more opinions. There are people here who know the TF2 economy well.

Soule

Eh I don't really get this economy lol, I think I'd rather trade it for another fedora with purple energy + lumbricus lid + genuine dead cone + le party phantom. I think I could live with that.

I actually got it off this guy after I found soldier stash with red flames yesterday and i wanted the fedora instead and now he wants to trade back, strange... Honestly I don't really care too much so long as I have the fedora and some effect that doesn't suck.

Yeef

Zerokku said:
Not really related to TF2, but for those interested - 2 videos of that dust storm I mentioned a couple times tonight that was hitting my area.

http://gizmodo.com/5818412/

Yes, that is a 3 mile high wall of dust
The CS: Source topic is that way! ----->

Also, as long as we're posting unrelated videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgqbCq_sxmo

yeoz said:
Wait, is this actually possible? Or were you just kidding? :(
I know cantonese, so this would be awesome.
I just said that that was possible. (I don't know).

Sibylus

Banned
Dechaios said:
That's a newer hat so you could probably have a good choice of what you want in return.
Good to know! Looking over the hat list, that Blighted Beak looks really nice (mainly because plague doctors are fascinating historical figures).

Sibylus

Banned
jdogmoney said:
Apparently crates are worth a scrap, plus or minus a weapon or two?

Crate series 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 9, 17, 19, 19, 19 are all available for...pretty much anything. I just want to get rid of the damn things. Also a summer crate.
Whoa wut. There's still people out there buying crates? I need to take a stroll around one of these trade servers sometime, got too many of the lousy things (including two 20 series). Would be great if I could sell my two Dueling minigames, I've never had a use for 'em.

Soule

I feel like a dirty beggar, but I've been asking if anyone has crates they don't want and I've got about 40 now and traded only 2 scrap and 2 weapons. So many people just give them away, makes me wonder why I pay.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Crate Hoarders will be laughing it all the way to the crate bank when Valve one day allows you to craft them away! Any year now.

Sibylus

Banned
Drkirby said:
Crate Hoarders will be laughing it all the way to the crate bank when Valve one day allows you to craft them away! Any year now.
Hah, I wish. If I'm able to squeeze any blood from those stones, I'm content :p

JackEtc

Tried out the Replay Editor just now. After rendering for about an hour, I'm disappointed by it. While the motion blur and stuff is neat, I could add it on Fraps in post if I wanted to.

And my replays are mainly me rocking the Spy class, and the lack of any hud really makes the Spy clips confusing to watch. I can run Fraps at 1080p at 60FPS usually, so I think I'll stick to that.

Here's the clip I rendered: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWr8hVk9-lQ

Sibylus

Banned
Ah, speaking of, funny anecdote: I traded away five or so crates for weapon dupes a few months ago to some kid. He said he needed them to make animal shapes in his backpack, dogs and stuff. I ain't kidding. Started sounding a little desperate when the crates stopped flowing.

Chavelo

Botolf said:
Ah, speaking of, funny anecdote: I got traded away five or so crates for weapon dupes a few months ago to some kid. He said he needed them to make animal shapes in his backpack, dogs and stuff. I ain't kidding. Started sounding a little desperate when the crates stopped flowing.

This fucking game, man. This fucking... game...

XD

Oreoleo

Botolf said:
Ah, speaking of, funny anecdote: I got traded away five or so crates for weapon dupes a few months ago to some kid. He said he needed them to make animal shapes in his backpack, dogs and stuff. I ain't kidding. Started sounding a little desperate when the crates stopped flowing.

Hahah, this kind of thing isn't so uncommon. I came across someone's backpack the other day who had "I <3 PEE" written out in Jarate :D

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Zel3 said:
can't wait to level it up and have annoying pop ups for everyone else :D
strange.png
oh ffs, now I'm gonna keep mine. Just realized a strange weapon for one of my fav classes has to replace one of the really cool mains out there :/

Stupid TF2 :/

Yeef

Borgnine said:
smh.

Also the Glengarry Bonnet's is at a premium since Wartime just switched to it after you all copied his previous look.
I already made the pot the style of choice for soldier. now I'm pioneering The stuntman + dangeresque for demo. Once I get a Max's head, I'll start wearing it on my Heavy and everyone will copy me.

It's hard being such a trendsetter.

Zomba13

jdogmoney said:
Apparently crates are worth a scrap, plus or minus a weapon or two?

Crate series 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 9, 17, 19, 19, 19 are all available for...pretty much anything. I just want to get rid of the damn things. Also a summer crate.
I traded 8 yesterday for an orange paint. I don't know if it was a good deal or not, just wanted them gone. Guy was unboxing them and got a Hustler's Hallmark. Apparently that is still worth an alright amount. I traded mine for the Engie eye thing. I wasn't using it anyway, using the Magicka Hood for my Demo.

Also got the Chieftain thingie for Soldier in exchange for a scrap and a hat I wasn't using (that the guy didn't have).

Yeef said:
Once I get a Max's head, I'll start wearing it on my Heavy and everyone will copy me.

It's hard being such a trendsetter.
I have it on my Heavy already (With the Steel Jaw. Omnomnom Max is eating the Heavy Head!)

JackEtc said:
Tried out the Replay Editor just now. After rendering for about an hour, I'm disappointed by it. While the motion blur and stuff is neat, I could add it on Fraps in post if I wanted to.

And my replays are mainly me rocking the Spy class, and the lack of any hud really makes the Spy clips confusing to watch. I can run Fraps at 1080p at 60FPS usually, so I think I'll stick to that.

Here's the clip I rendered: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWr8hVk9-lQ
I made this a few days ago: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlI3w-Cc0zg&feature=channel_video_title
Thought it was a cool moment and decided to see if I can trick/troll people into giving me views by naming it that way so I can get the hat.
I still don't really know how to use the editor. Could probably have gotten a better angle after the cut but, meh.

Blizzard

Banned
Oh come on, you people. It's been like a page now with no one commenting, and like one person even acknowledged my question in the server last night when I asked it like 50 times. =P

Surely SOMEONE else unlocked the summer shades from the Steam summer event, right? And I'm seeing picture(s) of them. Are people just doing that with local hax, or are they actually dropping? If they're dropping, how do you get them to drop after you redeem them?

Ferrio

Banned
Been trying to play spy more, the chances that were made (picking up ammo refreshes stealth) makes it so much easier than when I used to play.

My luck seems to be pretty spotty though. Some times I can dominate, sometimes it seems no matter what I do I accidentally run into someone, or they turn just as I backstab... ugh. I like the eternal reward a lot, but requires that first kill which can be so aggravating. I need to figure out how to use the dead ringer better, when I pair it up with the eternal reward it's a biiig pain in the ass since I have limited cloak and no disguise.

Blizzard said:
Oh come on, you people. It's been like a page now with no one commenting, and like one person even acknowledged my question in the server last night when I asked it like 50 times. =P

Surely SOMEONE else unlocked the summer shades from the Steam summer event, right? And I'm seeing picture(s) of them. Are people just doing that with local hax, or are they actually dropping? If they're dropping, how do you get them to drop after you redeem them?
You die and they appear.

Blizzard said:

Nothing fancy for me. After redeeming my tickets, I opened up TF2 and had a notification of them.

Yeef

Zomba13 said:
I have it on my Heavy already (With the Steel Jaw. Omnomnom Max is eating the Heavy Head!)
Already people are biting my style. Just like Borgnine, Wartime and n0b you couldn't help but be marveled by my amazing fashion sense.

Trend set!

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
oh god i kinda want that scout summer stuff, but hat/pack cost 5,70 EACH and the complete set 10 fucking bucks :(

also i would need paint for it! Then again, Steam let me down today, so I won't buy games.

WHAT TO DO, GAF?

Baha

Botolf said:
Videos like these make me wanna go on a Soldier binge and learn how to properly juggle people.

Are you looking for hats, or is it the other way around.

Trading hats/strange weapons for GTA4.

Yeef

Botolf said:
Videos like these make me wanna go on a Soldier binge and learn how to properly juggle people.
Juggling is easy. Airshotting isn't. I think it'd be easier with higher mouse yaw, but TF2 locks is at 22. You can get around that by adjusting your sensitivity and pitch, but I'm too lazy to do the math.

@Blizzard

Same thing happened to me, redeemed my tickets and they were there.

I have somethings I want to trade if you're willing to listen:

Tam O'Shanter x 2
Nessie Nine Iron
Big Steel Jaw of Summer Fun
Security Shades

Baha

Heavy's Sandvich said:
@Blizzard

Tam O'Shanter x 2
Nessie Nine Iron
Security Shades

What are you looking for in exchange for the Jaws?

Blizzard

Banned
EmCeeGramr said:
You die and they appear.
I clicked redeem on the Steam thing, and I think they showed as redeemed. It said no gobacks. Game might have been launched. I died a bunch, and they weren't in my backpack or any options for the classes. Tonight I'll try to doublecheck that I clicked all the way through redeem options. Thanks for the replies though!

Zomba13

Heavy's Sandvich said:
@Blizzard

Tam O'Shanter x 2
Nessie Nine Iron
Security Shades
Strange Eyelander for the Nessie's Nine Iron?

Two quick questions.

I keep getting an error that says "Can't contact item server". It won't even let me change my classes weapons and I'm pretty sure I have to quit the whole game for a chance to get it to work again. Anyone else running into this?

The second is how do I keep getting stabbed by cloaked spys? It takes forever to backstab someone out of cloak when I use it, but they'll shank me instantly.

Tkawsome said:
Two quick questions.

I keep getting an error that says "Can't contact item server". It won't even let me change my classes weapons and I'm pretty sure I have to quit the whole game for a chance to get it to work again. Anyone else running into this?

The second is how do I keep getting stabbed by cloaked spys? It takes forever to backstab someone out of cloak when I use it, but they'll shank me instantly.
1) It happens sometimes during maintenance or connection problems. If it's bad try opening the console and typing "retry" in to reconnect to the server, see if that fixes it.

2) It's just a relative thing. When you're a spy, it seems like it takes ages when every second counts, but it's really the same speed as everyone else.

yeoz

Blizzard said:
I clicked redeem on the Steam thing, and I think they showed as redeemed. It said no gobacks. Game might have been launched. I died a bunch, and they weren't in my backpack or any options for the classes. Tonight I'll try to doublecheck that I clicked all the way through redeem options. Thanks for the replies though!
Just checking your profile though, it shows no prizes claimed. You might not have actually successfully redeemed the glasses. Definitely try again.

Yeef

Apparently HLStatsX has an 'Award' system. Basically customizable achievements. That interests me greatly.

EmCeeGramr said:
2) It's just a relative thing. When you're a spy, it seems like it takes ages when every second counts, but it's really the same speed as everyone else.
I have this issue a lot with demo. I feel like other demos' stickies arm and explode faster than mine and also shoot farther. Obviously they are hackers.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
fuck, I just bought the summer scout bag and flip-flops and guess what - you can't equip both, since both of them need the back slot.

Fuck you Valve for posting pics with the Scout wearing both of them. Really, fuck you. :/

If anyone wants the flip-flops, I have a gift wrap (if that's even possible)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom