• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pookaki said:
So did we come to a consensus about wether we need a TF2 Trading Thread? Or is it cool to post about trades in here?

I think it's fine in here, it'll die down soon enough. Plus people who want to talk about other aspects are free to do so.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Grimm Fandango said:
I think it's fine in here, it'll die down soon enough. Plus people who want to talk about other aspects are free to do so.

Yah a lot of the current stuff right now is just because of the uber update and summer stuff, just look at the items being traded.

On that note, just traded a Rogues Col for a Vintage Modest Pile of Hat. Not bad.

Weenerz

Banned
Pookaki said:
So did we come to a consensus about wether we need a TF2 Trading Thread? Or is it cool to post about trades in here?

Really don't think we need a trading thread, it's barely in here, just some people like to focus on it and whine.

Blizzard

Banned
shades5k3x.jpg

The booth where I hovered the mouse and clicked the ticket redeem thing shows the shades as redeemed, but they don't show up in my profile. I guess I'll have to do a support ticket for a silly pair of virtual shades. >_>

*edit* It shows up in my account history too, just not my profile or ingame.

Blizzard

Banned
Clydefrog said:
Blizzard how did you screw this up so badly? LOL
lol...anyway, it turns out that you have to have your profile public for the prize to show up. I made it public, saw the shades on my profile. I then made it friends-only again, and the shades went away. Once I made it public and launched TF2 I got them (didn't even see the shades pop up as a drop but they were in my backpack). Now they're gone from my profile again but maybe they're in game still!

CBC68232C0D29858D956453F4AB5098B171C0155

Hylian7

Alright, so I finally got another Summer Cooler, unboxed it with my other key, and got another fucking Stately Steel Toe. Obviously I'm willing to trade this one. Anyone want to give one of the other summer items for it?

Vox-Pop

Contains Sucralose
Is there a way just to play on the Valve servers? I hate playing on other servers because they always switch the type of play.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Vox-Pop said:
Is there a way just to play on the Valve servers? I hate playing on other servers because they always switch the type of play.
What do you mean they switch the style of play?

Also, am I the only one not able to connect to item servers right now? Seems like TF2B and the other backpack viewer can't either.

Hylian7

enzo_gt said:
What do you mean they switch the style of play?

Also, am I the only one not able to connect to item servers right now? Seems like TF2B and the other backpack viewer can't either.
Yeah I can't change loadout in game right now. I'm stuck with whatever my loadout was last. It really sucks since the last time I played Medic was on defense so I'm stuck with Kritzkrieg.

Grinchy

Banned
Ok good it's not just me. I was trying to play spy with the vanilla loadout and I just can't go back to the stock watch.

Acerac

Banned
I can't connect to any random games at all at the moment.

I suppose I might just go to the GAF server and get wrecked in a bit.

I still have that Rogue's Col Roule for trade if anyone wants to trade me like, the Heavy's Steel Jaws + something else or something similar to that kind of deal. Let me know.

Yeef

There are things afoot.

You people should come up with amusing names for weapon-kill awards. Except for most bluts kills and most fist punch kills because they are already named "The Java Award" and "The Baccons" respectively.

The descriptions after kills can also be edited. For example, I changed X "Loch-n-Load kills" to X "Skill Cannon™ Kills."

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Regarding the 1500$-Hat (oO): Is there something like a standard collector's price list, to somehow see what's worth what?

Been practicing with the Pyro and I think I'm getting pretty good with it. Had fun pushing people off the tower in Thunder Mountain and started to figure out some good ambush points. Ran into some terrible luck though, the last ten matches were absolute blowouts. Even when the enemy team steamrolled us the game still wouldn't balance the match.

Thoraxes

Yeef said:
There are things afoot.

You people should come up with amusing names for weapon-kill awards. Except for most bluts kills and most fist punch kills because they are already named "The Java Award" and "The Baccons" respectively.

The descriptions after kills can also be edited. For example, I changed X "Loch-n-Load kills" to X "Skill Cannon™ Kills."
Assistance should be changed to Santa's Little Helper
Axe-o-mania changed to The Shining Re-enactment award
Baseball Freak change to Cranium Condenser

And I want a sword beheading killing award named after me. Preferably the Half-Zatoichi.

And uh, I can't think of anything else.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
So I was playing on Nemu's Battleground a little earlier, and pretty much the most epic shit went down.

Slow mo and High Speed mods with accompanying music, forced class changes, trains blocking pathways, tons of horseless headless horsemen running around. It was an admin that was drunk on power, and it was one of the greatest moments of my life.

Getting better at this game now. But I totally suck at the Spy. I tried for a few hours last night just to get the remaining 4 achievements to get the Cloak and Dagger. Failed. So just bought it for like 29p!

And now I can play Spy so much better.

Are you supposed to play Pyro defensively? I keep finding myself in a situation where I start to burn them, they run backwards but just out of reach, then I get nailed.

Firebrand

Blizzard said:
lol...anyway, it turns out that you have to have your profile public for the prize to show up. I made it public, saw the shades on my profile. I then made it friends-only again, and the shades went away. Once I made it public and launched TF2 I got them (didn't even see the shades pop up as a drop but they were in my backpack). Now they're gone from my profile again but maybe they're in game still!
My profile has been private for the duration of the summer sale thing, and I still got the glasses in-game as soon as they were patched in. Like you say though, none of the prizes I've redeemed show up on my profile even though all the tickets are there.

I kinda wish I had that MNC cap. Though, for sniper the glasses go really well with a non-painted Yellow Master's Belt.

lol

So last night I did a rocket jump and then someone shot me with a rocket on my way up. I went up so high I thought my head hit the level ceiling and I got a trophy (where ealges dare). Also, started using demoman, and I found some new guns for my heavy.

Question, what's the best way to determine trade value of something? I found a solemn promise and it's like $5 in the store, can I trade that with someone for a cool weapon?

Baha

Bufbaf said:
Regarding the 1500$-Hat (oO): Is there something like a standard collector's price list, to somehow see what's worth what?

Not in money as far as I know. When people unbox a new hat with a high tier effect, it's hard to gauge it's value right away. Especially when it's currently the only unusual of it's kind available. It should come as no surprise that people with tons of unusuals in their backpacks are packing some serious cash or spending a lot on this game.

BobTheFork said:
lol

So last night I did a rocket jump and then someone shot me with a rocket on my way up. I went up so high I thought my head hit the level ceiling and I got a trophy (where ealges dare). Also, started using demoman, and I found some new guns for my heavy.

Question, what's the best way to determine trade value of something? I found a solemn promise and it's like $5 in the store, can I trade that with someone for a cool weapon?

It's value might've dropped but it's still a popular trade item due to it's ridiculous crafting recipe. You could probably trade it for a couple of old weapons or a few new ones. Use www.tf2tp.com and post a trade there. You can specify that you're only looking for weapon offers so see what people are willing to give you.

Yeef

MarkMclovin said:
Are you supposed to play Pyro defensively? I keep finding myself in a situation where I start to burn them, they run backwards but just out of reach, then I get nailed.
When they get out of range switch to your shotgun and pump them full of lead.

Alternately, never let them get out of range. If you catch them off guard use your airblast to keep them in a corner and disoriented so you can go in for the axstinguisher kill.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Yeef said:
There are things afoot.

I better see a Davey Crockett award.

I'd make an award called Kill Java Before He Activates His Uber. Okay, that's less of an award and more of a command.

DarkKyo

Aw god, a guy friends me and starts begging me for my unusual... I guess I gotta be careful who I accept now that I have this thing.

Zomba13

Dechaios said:
Aw god, a guy friends me and starts begging me for my unusual... I guess I gotta be careful who I accept now that I have this thing.
Happened to me with mine. Though he did eventually get the only thing (barring a better unusual) that I wanted.
I think he traded it straight away though as I checked his bp after the trade and it was there for a second then gone the next minute and he didn't have any extra items.
I don't mind too much as I got the Max Head which is the one hat I really wanted and my biggest regret regarding Steam preorder stuff.

yeoz

Dechaios said:
It's basically why I never wear mine. Get all sorts of nuts.

DarkKyo

Him: Mhh.. what bout industriel festivizer?
Him: It's purple energy. (he mentioned this because I said I desired my favorite hats in purple energy effect)
Me: It's just not what I'm looking for.. I'm not going to pass on my fro just because it's easy, I'm looking for something very specific
Me: I don't know what to say man
Him: No Problem....
Him: I try to get another fro :).
Me: Good luck.. I really hope you pull through because I've never seen anyone want something so much lol
Him: Yupp.
Him: Thanks.

(he wanted my fro to trade some guy for his sunbeams tossle cap along with $30)

Yeah I'm gonna be pretty hesitant to accept many friend requests now. I don't think it will make me stop wearing the unusual though :p

Baha

Dechaios said:
Him: Mhh.. what bout industriel festivizer?
Him: It's purple energy. (he mentioned this because I said I desired my favorite hats in purple energy effect)
Me: It's just not what I'm looking for.. I'm not going to pass on my fro just because it's easy, I'm looking for something very specific
Me: I don't know what to say man
Him: No Problem....
Him: I try to get another fro :).
Me: Good luck.. I really hope you pull through because I've never seen anyone want something so much lol
Him: Yupp.
Him: Thanks.

(he wanted my fro to trade some guy for his sunbeams tossle cap along with $30)

Yeah I'm gonna be pretty hesitant to accept many friend requests now. I don't think it will make me stop wearing the unusual though :p

Wait, your hat is the unusual green energy fro and he offered a sunbeams tossle cap + $30? Or did he want it so he could trade it to someone else for a sunbeams tossle cap?

DarkKyo

Baha said:
Wait, your hat is the unusual green energy fro and he offered a sunbeams tossle cap + $30? Or did he want it so he could trade it to someone else for a sunbeams tossle cap?
I have green energy fro.
He needed it because he was gonna trade a guy the green energy fro + 30 dollars for sunbeams tossle cap.

All he offered me(1:1) was two unusual xmas hats, a flies demoman hat, or another unusual I wasnt interested in. Oh, or money.

Also question: Can you change an items style when looking at it in itemtest?

ArtistDude88 said:
OK! I have a good amount of the Uber update weapons. But I still neeeeeed:

The Enforcer
Bazaar Bargain
Shahanshah
Splendid Screen
Ali Baba's Wee Booties
Mantreads
The Overdose

I have 2 Detonators, Persian Persuader, and 2 #22 Summer Coolers to trade for the things on my list!

Baha

Dechaios said:
I have green energy fro.
He needed it because he was gonna trade a guy the green energy fro + 30 dollars for sunbeams tossle cap.

All he offered me(1:1) was two unusual xmas hats, a flies demoman hat, or another unusual I wasnt interested in. Oh, or money.

Also question: Can you change an items style when looking at it in itemtest?

I think you can.
[edit]TF2 trading is borked atm.

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
Yeef said:
There are things afoot.

You people should come up with amusing names for weapon-kill awards.

Most flamethrower kills: Arson Wells
Most Assists: Rose Buddy
Most Stuns: Frozen Peace
Most Jarates: Green Peeness
Most Sandman kills: Country Woodness
Most Air headshots; What Luck
Most telefrag kills: French Fried
Most backstabs: Snuck In His Beard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom