• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clydefrog

Borgnine said:
Most flamethrower kills: Arson Wells
Most Assists: Rose Buddy
Most Stuns: Frozen Peace
Most Jarates: Green Peeness
Most Sandman kills: Country Woodness
Most Air headshots; What Luck
Most telefrag kills: French Fried
Most backstabs: Snuck In His Beard

W
O
W

Wow.

Yeef

Borgnine said:
This is why you are king.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Borgnine said:

Holy shit.

That is amazing.

Yeef

By the way, we also need names for ranks (based on kills). The default ones are pretty boring and non-humorous. We'll also need images for the ranks since they default ones are equally boring.

Firebrand

Borgnine said:
rRNkj.gif

Borgnine said:

There must be a cold draft in hell, because someone other then me made a Critic reference.

"Oh Yes! They're even better raw!"

Milly79 said:
Did I get ripped of trading a Strange Shotty for Noble Amassment of Hats?
I would say yes, unless it is Vintage. You can use the shotgun on 4 classes (Soldier, Heavy, Pyro, and Engineer), so it is by far the best secondary, and primary Strange Weapon IMO.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
no item drops since 1 day after the summer update, which I only received 4 items, and 2 were crates. 40+ hours =(

Yeef

Tkawsome said:
There must be a cold draft in hell, because someone other then me made a Critic reference.

"Oh Yes! They're even better raw!"
You clearly must be new to the GAF server.

Back when mic spam was viable we'd hear that clip at least 17 times a minute.

Also, HOMINA HOMMINA, BRRT, BRRT!

I have a strange Eyelander if anyone wants to trade another strange weapon for it (or something else that they think I might like) Also the Rogue's Col Roule.

Grinchy

Banned
I have 3 summer keys and 0 summer crates. I haven't tried integrating yet, but the math seems off already. How did I allow myself to purchase 3 keys over time with no crates? What has happened to me? Before TF2, I was very against microtransactions. Now, I have $7.50 worth of virtual keys for virtual creates which hold virtual items that I don't necessarily even want.

Man this game hates me now. I can't seem to find a match that isn't a massive blowout anymore, happened all last night and it's going on right now. Game refused to mix up the teams too, it's getting pretty frustrating being on a team where I'm the only guy trying to stop the payload and it's like that for five+ rounds in a row. Everyone else is hanging back at the spawn getting their ass kicked, pretending like they're doing something.

Grinchy

Banned
Tkawsome said:
Man this game hates me now. I can't seem to find a match that isn't a massive blowout anymore, happened all last night and it's going on right now. Game refused to mix up the teams too, it's getting pretty frustrating being on a team where I'm the only guy trying to stop the payload and it's like that for five+ rounds in a row. Everyone else is hanging back at the spawn getting their ass kicked, pretending like they're doing something.
LOL yep, it's such a double-edged sword for me. If I join the GAF server or one of my other regular servers, I know I'm going to have some really good games where I'm probably in the middle of the scoreboard. If I play more public servers, I'll either be dominating or I'll be stuck on a full team of people who think Halo was the first FPS ever made.

I was on a team last night with 5 snipers. At one point, I saw 3 of them sniping from the same spot. One guy was standing up, the other 2 were crouched on either side of him. None of them were getting any kills either, obviously.

I was playing Hightower that other day I complained about the worse pub match ever. I was the ONLY one trying to push the cart. I'm normally noob friendly, but I wasn't that stupid when I started playing.

Yeef

Hey, Everybody! We're all gonna get laid! I've gotten all of the stats tracking stuff setup with a spiffy new domain. Say hello to tf2.gafserver.com!

title.png

The web software will keep track of everyone's stats as well as giving out daily awards and other e-peen increasing commendations. The site also logs the in-game chat and will create a download link anytime the server is on a custom map so you can grab it quickly from the web and hop right into the game.

Apparently there's no way to globally disable the annoying chat messages, but each user can set it off or on individually (the setting should be persistent, so turning it off once means it's off for good). You can find a list of all available commands here or by typing hlx into the chat in-game.

I've also edited the scramble plugin so that it now scrambles the teams based on stats rank. It'll be fairly useless for a week or so, I'd bet, but after that it should help with the stax. There was also a setting to scramble based on 'skill' but I'm not sure how they determine that, so I'd rather stick to rank until I read up on it.

Grinchy said:
I have 3 summer keys and 0 summer crates. I haven't tried integrating yet, but the math seems off already. How did I allow myself to purchase 3 keys over time with no crates? What has happened to me? Before TF2, I was very against microtransactions. Now, I have $7.50 worth of virtual keys for virtual creates which hold virtual items that I don't necessarily even want.
I got 2 summer crates if you want to use your keys. Of course they are yours to keep.

(._.)

Banned
Borgnine said:
this makes me miss HLDJ even more

Sibylus

Banned
G'bye, Luchadore. Hullo, salmon-painted-tam-for-a-class-I-actually-spend-time-with.

Man, people just do not want to give out metal for anything, it seems.

Grinchy

Banned
Cloudius12 said:
I got 2 summer crates if you want to use your keys. Of course they are yours to keep.
That's very generous of you. If you want anything in return, you can check my backpack. I'll see if you have a Steam profile listed, otherwise I'm ZeeGrinch.

DarkKyo

My search for an end-game unusual is over! My favorite effect + one of my favorite hats...

Gx8F4.jpg

Don't get me wrong, I loved the green fro but it was not one of my favorite hats.

Btw, I'm looking for a strange shotgun. Willing to trade strange GRU + 2 reclaimed metal if anyone is interested.

Zomba13

Dechaios said:
My search for an end-game unusual is over! My favorite effect + one of my favorite hats...

http://i.imgur.com/Gx8F4.jpg[IMG]

Don't get me wrong, I loved the green fro but it was not one of my favorite hats.

Btw, I'm looking for a strange shotgun. Willing to trade strange GRU + 2 reclaimed metal if anyone is interested.[/QUOTE]
Very, very nice.

DarkKyo

derFeef said:
How do you get so many unusuals, dude.
To be fair, I only have one.

I started with a free(give-away) crappy one(fetti safe n sound), traded some stuff for a second crappy one(flies mongolian)..

traded both of those for a nice one(green energy fro)

traded that plus a couple things to get purple energy pyromancer
Zomba13 said:
Very, very nice.

I never heard what your unusual was I don't think...

derFeef

Dechaios said:

I started with a free(give-away) crappy one(fetti safe n sound), traded some stuff for a second crappy one(flies mongolian)..

traded both of those for a nice one(green energy fro)

traded that plus a couple things to get purple energy pyromancer
I should focus on trading some time *prays for sweet drop*
That pyro hat looks great, fro was superiour though ;)

Clydefrog

Dechaios said:

yeah, all I need is that first free unusual. anyone wanna help me out? just give me your crappy unusuals!

Ghost23

Clydefrog said:
yeah, all I need is that first free unusual. anyone wanna help me out? just give me your crappy unusuals!

This. I feel like you can't get into the trading game until you get that one item that is at least semi-rare.

Zomba13

Forkball said:
Did anyone notice the Chinese TF2 ripoff's website updated?
THE STRIKER
http://filesmelt.com/dl/Stryker.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
Wow. That [I]doesn't[/I] look like a direct rip off of a TF2 character or class. Are they finally learning how to make their own game assets?

[QUOTE=Dechaios]Thanks :) I'm pumped

I never heard what your unusual was I don't think...[/QUOTE]
Haunted Trophy Belt
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/O3N3E.jpg

Hylian7

Hylian7 said:
Alright, so I finally got another Summer Cooler, unboxed it with my other key, and got another fucking Stately Steel Toe. Obviously I'm willing to trade this one. Anyone want to give one of the other summer items for it?
I'm going to ask this again. I want to go for the Steel Jaw of Summer Fun. Any takers?

DarkKyo

Zomba13 said:
Wow. That doesn't look like a direct rip off of a TF2 character or class. Are they finally learning how to make their own game assets?

Haunted Trophy Belt
O3N3E.jpg
Awesome! I like it. Sniper unusuals scare me though, makes me feel like I'd be more exposed/noticeable...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom