• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zomba13

The Unusual I just won:
3Jwpu.png

:D

Nice to have an Unusual for a class I actually play and feel like I'm helping (unlike Sniper which I suck at :( )

DarkKyo

Zomba13 said:
I'm one of the 5 finalist/potential winners in that unusual giveaway!

Max Head = lucky :D

EDIT: I WiN!!!
Congrats man! I recognized your name among the winners!

Awesome, can't believe 2 GAF people have won free unusuals from Harky :D

Source Engine Changes (CS:S, DoD:S, TF2, HL2:DM)
Added FCVAR_NOT_CONNECTED back to the ConVar fps_max to prevent client cheats
Fixed a bug with playback of SourceTV demos

Team Fortress 2
Fixed a bug where Medics using the Quick-Fix could easily identify disguised Spies
Fixed a bug where healing a Scout while they change class in the spawn room would allow the Medic to keep the Scout speed
Fixed a bug with honorbound weapons allowing themselves to be holstered before getting a kill
Improved matchmaking logic
Fixed a case where players were being matched to full servers
Updated the localization files
Updated Pl_Barnblitz
Reduced Blue respawn time at cap 1
Fixed cart not allowing overtime when it has to stop at the turn table
Fixed players getting stuck in spawn doors when blue captures a point
Fixed spawn doors staying open when points are captured
Various clipping and exploit fixes

Yeef

EmCeeGramr said:
not really except the ugly jank in the text chat and notifications popping up in the middle of my screen reminding me that it exists
I'm going to look into disabling the text chat stuff by default, but i couldn't find any option in the short time I had to check.

Also, I've noticed that, for some reason, the text chat says "blah blah nominate' like 50 million times instead of just once like it's supposed to. I don't know what that's about.

For things listed, a couple of bug fixes (mostly the Quick Fix), a tweak to Matchmaking so it doesn't shove you toward full servers as much, and several tweaks to Barnblitz.

yeoz

Yeef said:
Also, I've noticed that, for some reason, the text chat says "blah blah nominate' like 50 million times instead of just once like it's supposed to. I don't know what that's about.
No, no, leave that; it's server-defining jankiness that's cosmetic and thus is adorable (out of context).

Kulock said:
For things listed, a couple of bug fixes (mostly the Quick Fix), a tweak to Matchmaking so it doesn't shove you toward full servers as much, and several tweaks to Barnblitz.
Like, it fixed the final point in barnblitz?

Blizzard

Banned
Dechaios said:
Awesome! I like it. Sniper unusuals scare me though, makes me feel like I'd be more exposed/noticeable...
I think I played against a sniper with a flaming hat (or hatless) once. Whatever it was, it gave this awesome red glow across the map. You didn't even have to look hard to aim, just go for the red glowing target!

Yeef

Blizzard said:
I think I played against a sniper with a flaming hat (or hatless) once. Whatever it was, it gave this awesome red glow across the map. You didn't even have to look hard to aim, just go for the red glowing target!
That was me.

It was an awesome hat, but I traded it away long ago.

Also, server finally finished updating.

Yeef said:
That was me.

It was an awesome hat, but I traded it away long ago.

Also, server finally finished updating.
Yea, I wouldn't want to hold onto that hat either. anything that invites extra attention to a sniper is going to be a bad thing.

Yeef

Dreams-Visions said:
Yea, I wouldn't want to hold onto that hat either. anything that invites extra attention to a sniper is going to be a bad thing.
I thought it was great. out-sniping other people when you're literally a big glowing target is the tops for bragging rights. I only traded it away because it got me hats that I liked better.

I just found the targe shield, how do I charge with it, I don't think I saw it in a weapon slot after I put it on. Also I don't think I'm going to play much medic, does anyone want to trade for this 'Solemn Vow' I found?

edit: I'm surprised people think matchmaking pushes you to servers with more people. My only real complaint about TF2 so far is that I keep getting matched to games with only ~10 people. I want big matches!!!

BobTheFork said:
I just found the targe shield, how do I charge with it, I don't think I saw it in a weapon slot after I put it on. Also I don't think I'm going to play much medic, does anyone want to trade for this 'Solemn Vow' I found?

edit: I'm surprised people think matchmaking pushes you to servers with more people. My only real complaint about TF2 so far is that I keep getting matched to games with only ~10 people. I want big matches!!!
You can charge with any weapon. You just use your alt fire button.

Zomba13

Should I paint my hat purple or light pink?
FNOfL.png

The light pink looks better in the light than it does in the dark by the way.

Or should I see if I can get a better looking Demo/other class I like playing Unusual?

DarkKyo

In this case I like the pink, but I bet it would also look really nice with waterlogged lab coat if you can afford it(personally the team spirit colors make me feel like I have two hats in one).

Forkball

I found an Atomizer today, so that makes two new weapons that have dropped for me in 15 drops spanning three drop resets. Radical.

Damn they fixed that bug? I just figured out last night that you can use the buff banner to swap out the katana before getting a kill with it

Jzero

The_Technomancer said:
So what is a reliable snapshot overflow, and why do I get them so often?
Same here, they're annoying as hell and i always get them when i'm about to finish loading a level

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom