• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have:
The Postal Pummler
Strange Natascha
Nessie's Nine Iron
Coppers Hard Top

Want:
Strange Minigun
Tam O' Shanter
Any Engi Hat
Any Medic Hat
Reclaimed Metal

Shoot me a PM with any other offer!

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Opened my two summer crates. I got a Tam O' Shanter demo hat and the spy turtleneck.

Willing to trade them for Security Shades or a Hotrod.

XeroSauce

Kuro Madoushi said:
Lots of n00bs on today. DR spy never felt so satisfying!

Also a rare loss for wartime! Twas a good night!
Hahaha, I always feel a small victory when I manage to help my team win against the better part of TF2GAF.

Grinchy

Banned
Thanks again to Cloudius for generously donating 2 summer crates to my key addiction. Nice guy! I ended up getting the mailbox melee weapon for pyro and the copper's hard top for heavy. I'm trading the heavy hat if anyone is interested.

jdogmoney

Pookaki is a scholar and a gentleman, and I'm now the proud wearer of a boot on my head.

Of course, since I rarely play Pyro (being, as I am, a good person), I'd be open for trade thingies. I have my eye on the Spy turtleneck, but there are also two specific hats that I've wanted for a while. The specific hats are left as an exercise for the reader.

Uriah

I have an extra Family Business and Soda Popper if anyone is interested. I will trade either of them for:

Tomislav
Bazaar Bargain
Shahansha
Persian Persuader
Atomizer
Reserve Shooter
Market Gardener
Detonator
Solemn Vow

Steam ID is Treecubed

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
LukeSmith said:
I have an extra mailbox now too, someone was looking for one the other day I thought

I've been looking for one, but not sure what I have to give. Been trading most everything worthwhile I've had in a hat-attaining spree this past week.

Vintage Dead Ringer and an Ellis Hat? :p

Thoraxes

LukeSmith said:
I have an extra mailbox now too, someone was looking for one the other day I thought
I have the golfing demo hat if you want to trade. I really don't need it, and if nobody takes it, i'm just going to craft it with another hat I don't use.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Joined a server.
Won game with demo (obviously).

Taunt in spawn. Demo comes to me. We taunt together.
A third demo joins us. We form a triangle. More taunting. kaboom!~
Demo square. Demo pentagon. Hexagon. 7 demos. 7 taunting demos.

Then the other team hears us in spawn. 'How many demo's do you have? 3?'
Then we attacked. Then we taunted as we capped. It was beautiful.

Also that steel scout rush was neat. Camping Heavy is credit to team.
The replay I saved of it has some wood_bat error (165-CTFBat_Wood) and won't load though. Hope someone ups it.

Uriah said:
I have an extra Family Business and Soda Popper if anyone is interested. I will trade either of them for:

Tomislav
Bazaar Bargain
Shahansha
Persian Persuader
Atomizer
Reserve Shooter
Market Gardener
Detonator
Solemn Vow

Steam ID is Treecubed
Cuban Legend said:
I've got at least 2 of some of those items you're looking for.

Steam: cuban_legend
My Backpack: http://www.tf2items.com/id/Cuban_Legend

Anything from my first page is up for trade, ask about anything else please.

EDIT:
Nice Trading with you bro! I recommend you!

Anyone else have a Rouge Col Rule (spy's turtleneck)? I'm looking to trade.

Dear GAF:

I'm rather new to this whole TF2 thing. I picked it up over the long weekend, and had a really good time with it, so I went ahead and picked up some convenience items from the store to upgrade my account and support the game.

That said, I still feel like I don't really understand even a quarter of how to properly play this game. I know there have to be some good newbie resources out there; where could I go to find some? Also - are there any good YouTube/UStream/JTV channels out there that do TF2 gameplay that would be worth watching?

derFeef

Cuban Legend said:
Sure, wheres your backpack? I've already got you added, but it says it's private, lol.
I like it private :) I don't have everything in my mind, but lets talk when I get home.

divisionbyzorro said:
Dear GAF:

I'm rather new to this whole TF2 thing. I picked it up over the long weekend, and had a really good time with it, so I went ahead and picked up some convenience items from the store to upgrade my account and support the game.

That said, I still feel like I don't really understand even a quarter of how to properly play this game. I know there have to be some good newbie resources out there; where could I go to find some? Also - are there any good YouTube/UStream/JTV channels out there that do TF2 gameplay that would be worth watching?
This is a good thread to start, with tons of videos of the classes:
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=701625

Blizzard

Banned
Hazaro said:
Also that steel scout rush was neat. Camping Heavy is credit to team.
Yeah, that was hilarious, and presumably worked because of the camping heavy.

I was getting ready to rage at Java, too. I feel like Java plays defense on steel, and then when the turn comes to attack and we have a chance of winning, he goes SCOUT RUSH ON E and half the team pecks at E and we don't even get A. Javamannnnnnnn!

But last night it worked and was funny. Poor Zerokku (sp?), I feel your pain on bad steel offense.

Grinchy

Banned
I want to trade my Hound Dog for a Defiant Spartan. If anyone is interested in making that trade, just let me know.

just added up all my steam in game purchases 27.37 on keys, on sale hats and weapons =( dang it Valve i bought the game for 5 dollars i think

LukeSmith

Zerokku said:
I've been looking for one, but not sure what I have to give. Been trading most everything worthwhile I've had in a hat-attaining spree this past week.

Vintage Dead Ringer and an Ellis Hat? :p

Yeah sure, add me: bang_shed I'll look for you when I'm home after wverk

Blizzard

Banned
Ferrio said:
God I hate the tomislav, it's too good.
Other things that are too good:

Muju -- killing people with rockets and heavies
wartime -- killing people with stickies
Borgnine -- killing people with critrockets
huntsman -- clydefrog and Accidante kill people with it
pyro -- I got killed by Yeef backburnering me...pyros were spychecking too and it's incredibly annoying
Javaman -- he ran up to me as a very closerange heavy and murdered me with his needlegun, possibly from full health, after which he probably ran away and destroyed the rest of our team by needlegun spawncamping or something

I may have missed some other things too. Backstabs kill you in one hit which is annoying. Scouts move WAY too fast and survive too many bullets and are hard to hit.

On a more positive note, I used a wrangled mini sentry to kill some sniper the other day, which made them very angry about the auto-aim and whatnot. :D

Mafro

Blizzard said:
pyro -- I got killed by Yeef backburnering me...pyros were spychecking too and it's incredibly annoying
Using the axstinguisher on an ignited enemy is also deadly. One hit kills everything except a heavy and overhealed soldier. That's why the degreaser/axstinguisher combo is so good.

Mafro said:
Using the axstinguisher on an ignited enemy is also deadly. One hit kills everything except a heavy and overhealed soldier. That's why the degreaser/axstinguisher combo is so good.
It is much better if you bind melee+attack on a key. Almost instant with that combo.

Uriah said:
:items here:

Steam ID is Treecubed
Cuban Legend said:
I've got at least 2 of some of those items you're looking for.
EDIT: Nice Trading with you bro! I recommend you!

Anyone else have a Rouge's Col Roule (spy's turtleneck)? I'm looking to trade.
Steam: cuban_legend
My Backpack: http://www.tf2items.com/id/Cuban_Legend

Anything from my first page is up for trade, ask about anything else please.

jdogmoney

I'm trying to one to one trade my way to something awesome, like that guy who turned a red paperclip into a house.

I'm up to Tam O'Shanter.

Hoping to get to Rogue's Cal Roule pretty soon.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
I have a name and description tag, and now a Team Captain. Anything in particular you guys think I should name/use for a description?

Forkball

Yeef said:
Looking at the daily awards, lots of them were expected. Wartime got the Awardtime. Java got The Java Award. Kuro go the Dr. Klaw award. Bacons did not get the Baccons. I guess he didn't play Heavy last night.

I'm still looking for better names for some of the awards. Also, for the ranks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AT0ZP_aVmGw&hd=1
I got the Bushwacka award. Take THAT, two guys I bushwacked!

Also the Homewrecker award should be called the Angelina Jolie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom