• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
Most Fists of Steel Kills: Heavy Handed
Most Black Box Kills: Can Never Go Back

Almost had something for the rocket launcher kills, I was going in a Barry Gibb direction, but I couldn't make it work. Also that's a Bee Gees reference and only Java would get it.

Having a hard time coming up with any more plays on GAF server references and inside jokes. And most of the other good puns are already in the name of the weapon, or an achievement. I figure after a while people will start to win something over and over and then we can figure out some way to name it after them.

Also they need to The Disciplinary Action # OF ASSES WHOOPED otherwise I'm never going to win anything.

Yeef

Borgnine said:
Most Fists of Steel Kills: Heavy Handed
Most Black Box Kills: Can Never Go Back

Almost had something for the rocket launcher kills, I was going in a Barry Gibb direction, but I couldn't make it work. Also that's a Bee Gees reference and only Java would get it.

Having a hard time coming up with any more plays on GAF server references and inside jokes. And most of the other good puns are already in the name of the weapon, or an achievement. I figure after a while people will start to win something over and over and then we can figure out some way to name it after them.

Also they need to The Disciplinary Action # OF ASSES WHOOPED otherwise I'm never going to win anything.
Uber update weapons aren't available in HLStats yet ;(

[EDIT] Apparently it does still track kills for the uber weapons, it just doesn't have them in any of the award or weapon pages. I should be able to edit them in though.

anyone with an extra:

-Atomizer
-Winger
-Detonator
-Solemn Vow
-Mantreads

I have the following extras to trade:

2x Mad Milk, Bonk! Atomic Punch, The Boston Basher, The Shortstop, Razorback, The Black Box, The Gunboats, The Pain Train, Loch-N-Load, Scotsman's skullcutter, Kritzkrieg, The Quickfix*, The Family Business*, The Warrior's Spirit, Frontier Justice, The Wrangler, Southern Hospitality, Disciplinary Action*

pm me if interested.

*would probably require more than one weapon in return.

Borgnine

The_Technomancer said:
Most teammates sped up with the DA

Can the game track that? I figured it'd just be kills with it.

edit: I see WORLD SUICIDE as a weapon, is there an award for it? OW-WEE-OW-WEE-OW (# hard falls)

sixghost

Borgnine said:

edit: I see WORLD SUICIDE as a weapon, is there an award for it? OW-WEE-OW-WEE-OW (# hard falls)
There's an award for most uber's triggered, so it seems like more than just kills.

Yeef

Borgnine said:

Yes, there is.

So, the problem with manually adding the new weapons (and abilities) is that I need to know what HLDS calls them. Some are pretty easy to guess like the tomislav, enforcer and soda_popper. Others are not so easy to guess. For example the Scottsman's Skullcutter is just called battleaxe, the vita-saw is called battleneedle and the Equalizer is unique_pickaxe. The best has to be reflected grenades which is deflect_promode.

Anyway, when I get home I'll load up tr_walkway, get a kill with each of the new weapons and then view the logs to get the names.

Yeef

Dechaios said:
What time do people normally start joining the server on fridays to play?
9PM Eastern any day of the week is generally when the server gets started, but since the update it's been a little earlier. If you join the GAF TF2 group usually when we're getting started someone will post an announcement and/or event.

JackEtc

Yeef said:
9PM Eastern any day of the week is generally when the server gets started, but since the update it's been a little earlier. If you join the GAF TF2 group usually when we're getting started someone will post an announcement and/or event.
Sweet, joined group.

Firebrand

Still missing quite a few uberupdate items. The ones I'm interested in are particularly:

Liberty Launcher
Quick-Fix

I have these to trade:

Soda Popper
Reserve Shooter
Family Business

Firebrand said:
Still missing quite a few uberupdate items. The ones I'm interested in are particularly:

Liberty Launcher
Quick-Fix
Disciplinary Action

I have these to trade:

Soda Popper
Reserve Shooter
Family Business
Tomislav
I can trade you a Disciplinary Action for that Tomislav.

mojiimbo

Firebrand said:

Liberty Launcher
Quick-Fix
Disciplinary Action

I have these to trade:

Soda Popper
Reserve Shooter
Family Business
Tomislav
My Liberty Launcher for your Tomislav?

I can't figure out how to play the sniper. Everything moves so fast in this game I have to be lucky to get a shot off, not to mention you're a huge target for spies. Managed to get to the first milestone but I'm still terrible with the class.

Ferrio

Banned
Tkawsome said:
I can't figure out how to play the sniper. Everything moves so fast in this game I have to be lucky to get a shot off, not to mention you're a huge target for spies. Managed to get to the first milestone but I'm still terrible with the class.

Rock it with huntsman + jarate.

Chavelo

My TF2 people...

Do any of you got the Shahanshah or Bazaar (new sniper weapons) for trade? I have the Winger, Persian Persuader, Solemn Vow, and Big Earner available. PM if interested. :D

Borgnine

Tkawsome said:

Congratulations, you passed the test. Your pure heart was not corrupted nor your loins enticed by the Sniper's cowardly mechanics. You're a hero, choose now from the remaining 8 classes.

not spy

Tkawsome said:
Secret Sniper Hint: try aiming and leading with your crosshair before zooming in.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Tkawsome said:
As suggested aim without zooming and then zoom

I also tend to look for running patterns (people running im a straight line aim where they 'will' be)

Watch for heavies spinning and shooting.

If people are dancing back and forth, wait for them, don't track unless you've got good aim.

Look for dumbasses standing still.

Look for areas of high traffic.

Try to get a low ping or practice om a low ping server.

And ALWAYS ALWAYS snipe Borgnine first. Or wartime...

Forkball

Anyone else get a 0 byte update for TF2? According to TF2 Wiki...
Undocumented changes

Fixed quickplay sending people to the wrong game mode.

Yay.

Also I'll trade my Reggaelator for two random hats or three refined if you're interested (and who wouldn't be?)

Forkball said:
Anyone else get a 0 byte update for TF2? According to TF2 Wiki...

Yay.

Also I'll trade my Reggaelator for two random hats or three refined if you're interested (and who wouldn't be?)

I got that bug today, I wanted to play a quick round of KOTH and got sent to 2fort, one of the worst moments of my life.

Conceptor

I have an extra summer cooler and a few series 19/21 crates I'm open to trading for! Feel free to send me a PM or add me on steam (same name) if you're interested :T

(._.)

Banned
Yeef said:
When am I NOT joking?

I'll tell you when.

Right now.

It's already too late.

Say goodbye to your identity.
i can never be sure on this forum... more specifically, this thread :$

The other day I said I would play only on the GAF server for a while since pubs are more horrible than ever. So how about giving me a spot? I haven't played since the last Sunday. >_>

I get it Dechaios, no need of rubbing that on my face. You bastard.

Uriah

Alright I have an en extra Quick Fix. Trading it for:

Tomislav
Bazaar Bargain
Shahansha
Atomizer
Reserve Shooter
Detonator

or 1 refined and 1 scrap.

The_Technomancer said:
What the fuck. Lately steam keeps telling me I'm logged in somewhere else
Ah, I remember. This game is running like crap since the sales (or was it when it went f2p?) started, get some new servers Valve geez.

Yeef

Item server is down again. Right while I was in the middle of making those logs. Apparently the Overdose is called proto_syringe. That's probably the name they gave to it when they were testing different effects in the beta and they never bothered to change it. Silly Valve.

Forkball

Demo can now wear the Private Eye hat.

z60JA.png

Uh okay then. Valve hard at work.

Forkball

XeroSauce said:
I'd give you a Whoopie for it.
TOO LATE.

So I traded my Reggaelator for a stout shako and a pyro boot, solely so I can craft a new hat. Well turns out the pyro boot isn't craftable, so I traded it for a plunger. So I craft the plunger and stout shako into...

ECE70E5C8CB9E67CA9DA011B9D2FBE9D4A5DE950

AWWW YEAH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom