• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grinchy

Banned
I got an E-mail from a wealthy TF2 player from Nigeria. He's having issues with Steam. They won't let him access his inventory full of unusual hats and refined metal unless he pays an access fee of 10 regular hats. He said if I help him by giving him 10 hats, he'll give me 50 hats and a lot of metal when he gets access to his inventory again. What an awesome deal! I can't wait to help this man out.

Grinchy said:
I got an E-mail from a wealthy TF2 player from Nigeria. He's having issues with Steam. They won't let him access his inventory full of unusual hats and refined metal unless he pays an access fee of 10 regular hats. He said if I help him by giving him 10 hats, he'll give me 50 hats and a lot of metal when he gets access to his inventory again. What an awesome deal! I can't wait to help this man out.
I say you should help him out, depending on what class he likes.

heavies are unfun to play and unfun to play against

they have ungodly amounts of health and such absurdly high close-to-mid range dps that can even kill other overhealed heavies in a little over a second, and valve keeps trying to 'fix' this by giving them less spin up time, healing capabilities that can either fully regenerate health or have a quick 150HP boost on demand (for a class that already has 300HP) or to give to their medic, gloves that make them resistant to ranged damage, gloves that give them a free speed boost (completely negating a built in class weakness) combined with a medic or sandvich, and now super fast silent spinup weapons that can still shred any class that wanders around the wrong corner

it turns nearly every 1v1 class match up into "run away or plink away at long range or pop out from behind corners or just hope that it turns into 2v1 or 3v1 right quick" unless you're a spy at which point you're foiled by the very concept of mouselook, or a sniper in which case your aim will go all wonky if he sees you and starts shooting

Jenga

Banned
Blizzard said:
And crit stickies too! You're Crushed, right? I thought I even saw you playing heavy at one point. Do you not like playing heavy D:
blizzard when the hell aren't you playing heavy

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I was going to buy two hats today off the shop and the total was going to be 3.97 or something like that. When I tried to buy them it told me that I didn't have any funds. Do I really have to buy 5 dollars worth of funds? I can't just buy those 2 hats for 3.97? :|

Blizzard

Banned
Einchy said:
I was going to buy two hats today off the shop and the total was going to be 3.97 or something like that. When I tried to buy them it told me that I didn't have any funds. Do I really have to buy 5 dollars worth of funds? I can't just buy those 2 hats for 3.97? :|
Yeah, $5 is the minimum presumably due to credit card fees or something. But you can use the remaining money to uh...act as credit towards purchases I guess.

Einchy

Blizzard said:
Yeah, $5 is the minimum presumably due to credit card fees or something. But you can use the remaining money to uh...act as credit towards purchases I guess.

That really sucks.
I guess no hats for me.

parasight

Congrats on the Fancy Dress Uniform, Forkball. I had a similar/lesser success when I crafted mine yesterday. 50/50 chance when trying to craft it with 4 ref + 1 set piece. I was able to flip 2 hats for the Spy Suit and Engie Spurs today, which I then flipped for a Googly Gazer. I love that damn thing.

Forkball

Keep in mind that the money in your Steam wallet can be used for anything on Steam, not just the TF2 store. So you can use your left over money for games. It's way better than having points like on XBLA or WiiWare. I have 200 Wii Points that I will never use, Nintendo stole $2 from me.

Einchy

Forkball said:
Keep in mind that the money in your Steam wallet can be used for anything on Steam, not just the TF2 store. So you can use your left over money for games. It's way better than having points like on XBLA or WiiWare. I have 200 Wii Points that I will never use, Nintendo stole $2 from me.

That isn't too bad then. Hopefully the last day has something that I want to play.

Sgt.Pepper said:
Since so few entered the previous one, I'll leave this one here.
http://tf2r.com/key/7jo45.html

I'll send them tomorrow. Don't forget to send me a friend request when you win!

Would it be a douche move to enter that one as well?

Uriah

Alright, I got another Eviction Notice today. Trading it for:

Tomislav
Bazaar Bargain
Shahansha
Reserve Shooter
Detonator
4 random weps
2 scrap

Steam ID is Treecubed

webrunner

Forkball said:
Demo can now wear the Private Eye hat.

z60JA.png

Uh okay then. Valve hard at work.

Demo should be able to wear the Googly Gazer as well.

Forkball

Tee hee.
79BD6B7FF37308E7A38F24DCC4D45DE55368DCAB

Medic was credit to team, most convenient kritz's ever. BLU more or less rolled until the last point, RED had much higher scores and killed everyone with ease, but they would always sneak in and cap it when defense wasn't paying attention.

Also does anyone have the Value of Teamwork paint? I'll trade a strange shotgun for it.

Also, do you lose points if someone gets a revenge against you in HLStatsX? I think I saw my score go down twice after two people got revenges on me with the same kill. That's kinda lame if true, it's like it punishes you for dominating people.

Forkball

Grinchy said:
Does anyone ever craft 3 refined into a random hat?
Yes. Last time I did it I got a Teddy Roosebelt which I traded for the Pyro eyes. Best three refined ever. I personally think it's much easier than just trading for two junk hats. No one will trade a random hat for a refined any more, you can find some for one refined and one reclaimed. So in order to get two, you need to spend two refined and two reclaimed, which is just one reclaimed less than crafting a hat via metal. The extra effort to get the craftable hats is often just not worth it. Although, you can trade the three refined and get almost any hat you want, so crafting hats is only so you can hopefully score a valuable item like Team Captain or Villain's Veil or some other stuff that's worth more than three refined.

Conceptor

Forkball said:
Yes. Last time I did it I got a Teddy Roosebelt which I traded for the Pyro eyes. Best three refined ever. I personally think it's much easier than just trading for two junk hats. No one will trade a random hat for a refined any more, you can find some for one refined and one reclaimed. So in order to get two, you need to spend two refined and two reclaimed, which is just one reclaimed less than crafting a hat via metal. The extra effort to get the craftable hats is often just not worth it. Although, you can trade the three refined and get almost any hat you want, so crafting hats is only so you can hopefully score a valuable item like Team Captain or Villain's Veil or some other stuff that's worth more than three refined.

Ahh, makes sense. Been wondering what to do with my refined lol but haven't found a use for them.
saving up for a Max's head thing! ..maybe

Conceptor said:
Ahh, makes sense. Been wondering what to do with my refined lol but haven't found a use for them.
saving up for a Max's head thing! ..maybe
Yeah, uhm good luck with that. IF someone accepts metal for it, which I doubt, it would like 20 Refined or something.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Sgt.Pepper said:
Yeah, uhm good luck with that. IF someone accepts metal for it, which I doubt, it would like 20 Refined or something.

20 refined is like 9-10 keys, so so 20 refined would be roughly = buds. So 1/3 of the way there?

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Anyone want to trade for either of these? Just rebuilt two bad hats into this adorable thing.
It's nice to be decked out but I don't play engy.

IF anyone can give me a value on the hat I'd appreciate it too.

8OL6F.jpg

Zerokku said:
20 refined is like 9-10 keys, so so 20 refined would be roughly = buds. So 1/3 of the way there?
This hat economy is fucked up yo.

What the hell am I doing still awake. For those who entered in my raffle, I'll probaby spend most of the morning sleeping so I guess I'll give the items in the afternoon.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Sgt.Pepper said:
This hat economy is fucked up yo.

Having gone on such a hat trading spree this week, you have no idea. It is so ridiculous. But now I have a hat for every class but scout, as well as a Bills Hat and Team Captain. At this point, I'm good, fuck this "economy".

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Zerokku said:
Having gone on such a hat trading spree this week, you have no idea. It is so ridiculous. But now I have a hat for every class but scout, as well as a Bills Hat and Team Captain. At this point, I'm good, fuck this "economy".
Trade you my teddy for the captain.
Do want.

I'll even miss nades on you while I'm wearing it.

Firebrand

Hazaro said:
Anyone want to trade for either of these? Just rebuilt two bad hats into this adorable thing.

http://i.imgur.com/8OL6F.jpg
I sooo want that, but being the master of badhattery, I have little to offer beyond refined metals, v.beard, v.stovepipe and v.weapons (that I ought to trade for scraps someday, but laaazy).

I've been close to crafting up those metals for a while now, but I can almost see the hatless sniper in front of me... I do not dare.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Hazaro said:

8OL6F.jpg
I engie a lot. Shoot me a trade request so I can pry thosr off your hands.

DarkKyo

It's my little bros birthday today so I went onto his computer + logged into tf2 and hid a couple new(to him) hats in his backpack. I wonder how long it will take him to notice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom