• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard

Banned
ToXic Yams said:
omg they finally approved my account :X

hi accidante!
Welcome aboard, yammy. <3

I have a new favorite map now. It's canyon. It's ALMOST as good as 2fort and hydro. Now I have heartburn.

So apparently I missed when you guys added HLStats to the server... I'm guessing the GAF server will be the first one of those I start getting regular points on (instead of the reduced amount).

Also, I made a replay tonight. The replay editor was making TF2 crash for me, so I just exported it as is: In which I catch Yeef trying to spawncamp and kill him

ToXic Yams said:
omg they finally approved my account :X

hi accidante!
I was wondering when you were going to get around to getting one...

Yeef

cooljeanius said:
Also, I made a replay tonight. The replay editor was making TF2 crash for me, so I just exported it as is: In which I catch Yeef trying to spawncamp and kill him
Jank confirmed!

1. I wasn't actually trying to spawn camp so much as keep engineers from pre-building there. i actually had already gotten a few kills by the time you found me.

2. I shot a grenade at you and it hit you on my end, but in that replay i don't even shoot one at all! (I would've died anyway because I only had 7 health).

Yeef said:
Jank confirmed!

1. I wasn't actually trying to spawn camp so much as keep engineers from pre-building there. i actually had already gotten a few kills by the time you found me.

2. I shot a grenade at you and it hit you on my end, but in that replay i don't even shoot one at all! (I would've died anyway because I only had 7 health).
I could see the firing animation start for your grenade launcher in the slow-motion version that was playing while it was rendering, but no grenade came out... oh well, I guess that time the jank worked in my favor!

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Borgnine said:
ommmmmmmmgggggggggg

I heard Yeef made a creepy spray of you. Frankly he's a pervert.
Sounds suspicious.

Are you telling me he does those sprays but uses admin abuse to change the spray to be under your name?

Blizzard

Banned
dragonlife29 said:
Didn't he have one of you and kuro in bed together? Or am I mistaking the Heavy? Was there even a Heavy, Borg?
I thought that was Kuro and Java. I stopped playing games for a while and might have missed the sprayboat.

It could have been. I honestly don't remember.

Anyway, I've found that I suck with the majority of classes. It's laughable. I went Heavy a couple times on the server today and wondered how the hell Blizz and Zerokku stay alive for so long as Heavy because I only lasted seconds, usually.

Blizzard

Banned
Darkflight said:
Really good games guys, you made me stay up past dawn again, site says 5hrs20mins tonight lol.

Thanks for the shield Blizz, I should have grabbed a Summer crate off you as well, no luck with a drop tonight.

Only one of my replays isn't crashing TF2, so feel free to admire my shoddy camera work: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q08-FnL6b5s
You're welcome, though I didn't trade with you. Some other guy got the new shades and something else out of my spare summer crates though, so yay for him. :)

Blizzard said:
You're welcome, though I didn't trade with you. Some other guy got the new shades and something else out of my spare summer crates though, so yay for him. :)
Hmm, aha, it was Borsalino, sorry, I'm super tired, I knew it started with a B lol.

Yeef

So I changed the HLStats stuff to NOT show by default, but for people who actually like seeing it you'll still be able to enable it by typing hlx in chat since settings are saved persistently on a per player basis. I also took the liberty of switching off the messages for everyone directly in the SQL table. You can thank me later.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Yeef said:
So I changed the HLStats stuff to NOT show by default, but for people who actually like seeing it you'll still be able to enable it by typing hlx in chat since settings are saved persistently on a per player basis. I also took the liberty of switching off the messages for everyone directly in the SQL table. You can thank me later.

I like seeing it. Because if it shows me getting a point for killing a spy, he wasn't a dead ringer

:D

Blizzard

Banned
Zerokku said:
I like seeing it. Because if it shows me getting a point for killing a spy, he wasn't a dead ringer

:D
Ditto for jarate. "Oh, I hit two people with that, I'll take another shot" as opposed to "Drat, missed everyone, run away." :D

commissar

Yeef said:

YAY I can play again!
No I can't, classes start again tomorrow ]: see you all on the weekends again

Dakota47

Gonna rename my strange grenade and sticky bomb launchers, and I need some inspiration. The best I could come up with so far was 'Herp' and 'Derp'. Surely you lot have better ideas.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Dakota47 said:
Relax, you get that for the riftwalker achievement. It's not a regular drop afaik.

I got a few achievements tonight but i have no idea what they were. As long as it doesn't drop again I'm happy.

I crafted the new rocket launcher today as well and I think I like it? I hated the direct hit with a passion and this seems to be somewhere in the middle of your standard launcher and direct hit so it's a winning item so far.

I've decided i want to try an deck my solder out with the latest stupid items for him since he is my #1 played class. I totally need more drops for that to happen :/

evlcookie said:
I got a few achievements tonight but i have no idea what they were. As long as it doesn't drop again I'm happy.

I crafted the new rocket launcher today as well and I think I like it? I hated the direct hit with a passion and this seems to be somewhere in the middle of your standard launcher and direct hit so it's a winning item so far.

I've decided i want to try an deck my solder out with the latest stupid items for him since he is my #1 played class. I totally need more drops for that to happen :/

The achievement was killing someone within 5 seconds of coming out of a teleporter.

Technosteve said:
I am going to play with my controller see if i do better.

I do, and I play better.

I use the left stick for movement. L1 for jump, L2 for last weapon and the d-pad for weapon changing. L3 for crouching. Everything else on the mouse.

Weenerz

Banned
Something weird is happening with Sandboxie, whenever I try to open a second TF2, it tries to validate steam files and then says steam is too busy. Doesn't matter the account, it will attempt to validate the TF2 and fail, but launching it by itself and it works fine. Any tips or ideas?

Yeef

evlcookie said:
Dumbest drop in the history of all mankind, What the fuck valve?

ARGHHH!
See how it says "Achievement Item"?

That's because it's an achievement item.

Kuro Madoushi said:
Play with a wheel
It's the cool thing to do!

Weenerz said:
Something weird is happening with Sandboxie, whenever I try to open a second TF2, it tries to validate steam files and then says steam is too busy. Doesn't matter the account, it will attempt to validate the TF2 and fail, but launching it by itself and it works fine. Any tips or ideas?
There's a couple of options you need to set.

1: Download Sandboxie: www.Sandboxie.com

2: Open Sandboxie, click Sandbox->Create New Sandbox (name it SteamAlt or something)

3: Copy your entire Steam directory (selectively copy only TF2 related files from SteamApps to save space), and place it in a new folder somewhere

4: Sandbox->SteamAlt->Sandbox Settings:
- Restrictions->Drop Rights->UNtick 'Drop rights from Administrators and Power Users groups'
- Resource Access->File Access->Direct Access:
-> Add Program (Steam.exe)
-> Add directory for Steam.exe, pointing to your copy of the Steam directory (best not to use the original Steam install, in case it conflicts with other running copies)

5: Sandbox->SteamAlt->Run Sandboxed->Run Windows Explorer

6: In Sandboxed explorer, navigate to copied Steam directory and run Steam.exe

7: You can now sign in to whatever account you like, even if Steam is already open, and can load TF2.

So I seem to be suffering with a graphical/sound stuttering/freezing problem. It only happens to TF2, usually in menus or at crucial attacking moments. I've reduced the graphics and sound but it still happens. I've noticed that the HDD light is solid when it starts.

Any Ideas?

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
MarkMclovin said:
So I seem to be suffering with a graphical/sound stuttering/freezing problem. It only happens to TF2, usually in menus or at crucial attacking moments. I've reduced the graphics and sound but it still happens. I've noticed that the HDD light is solid when it starts.

Any Ideas?
Hmmm...

Turn off multicore?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom