• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard

Banned
If I made server mods, I think I would make one that automatically sets a one-engineer-per-side class restriction for any capture the flag map. Or maybe only one sentry per side, and it has to be a baby sentry.

Yeef

We were going to win. We had 3 points you had 0 and there was only a minute left.

I don't know what the hell is wrong with the server, but it's crashed a ridiculous number of times today. On top of that it keeps taking forever to load maps.

I'll try to sort it out tomorrow.

Blizzard said:
If I made server mods, I think I would make one that automatically sets a one-engineer-per-side class restriction for any capture the flag map. Or maybe only one sentry per side, and it has to be a baby sentry.
Bring a Spy with you.

Yeef

Also, I just watched the replay on that sniper that killed me and he completely missed. I wasn't even in his line of sight, but I noticed that his view was stuttering, so it was probably janky lag compensation.

Yeef said:
Also, I just watched the replay on that sniper that killed me and he completely missed. I wasn't even in his line of sight, but I noticed that his view was stuttering, so it was probably janky lag compensation.
...Stuttering like what? It wasn't like, snapping back and forth between you and where he was previously looking, was it?

Yeef

EmCeeGramr said:
...Stuttering like what? It wasn't like, snapping back and forth between you and where he was previously looking, was it?
No. he definitely wasn't aimbotting, because his aim wasn't snapping and missed lots of easy shots. Just jank and lag combined to form SUPER JANK.

Grimm Fandango said:
Also what's with the asterisk people in the server? Like "*name".
Free to Play players have a * in front of their name.

Blizzard

Banned
Professor Beef said:
Bring a Spy with you.
Coordinating, also known as teamwork, is nearly impossible, let alone getting a spy to survive all the way to an enemy base, let alone deploying an uber unmolested in 2+ different locations of a CTF fort while a spy saps 3+ sentries in perfect sync without being killed. It just makes maps take forever.

Good games after the server died, if any of you were gaffers.

Forkball

Orellio said:
What? Seriously?
Yeah. What's the problem though? It's not like stars whose purpose is to indicate a person's difference from the majority have ever been used in one of the worst incidents in human history or anything.

Blizzard

Banned
Forkball said:
Yeah. What's the problem though? It's not like stars whose purpose is to indicate a person's difference from the majority have ever been used in one of the worst incidents in human history or anything.
Yeah, maybe Yeef could change it to !'s or #'s or something. :\

Yeef

Drkirby said:
Can you make the Half Life Stats thing off by default? I find it annoying.
It is off by default!

Blizzard said:
Yeah, maybe Yeef could change it to !'s or #'s or something. :\
They are neither nonexistent nor irc channels, so neither of those symbols makes any sense!

Weenerz

Banned
When did the TF2 community turn into a bunch of whiners, either its about people wanting to trade, or its the server displaying messages that people don't like.

Weenerz said:
When did the TF2 community turn into a bunch of whiners, either its about people wanting to trade, or its the server displaying messages that people don't like.

We were always whiners, it's just that there's so much to whine about these days.

Weenerz said:
What online community doesn't whine? I whine all day, every day. There's a reason I changed my nickname in Steam to Sgt.Whiner!

Oreoleo

Forkball said:

No problems here. I was just surprised.

It's a server setting then? I thought it was game-wide.

XeroSauce

So I'm slowly stepping into a world of video-making. I was planning on gettig a bunch of Enforcer and Reserve Shooter gameplay and do a 'guide', so I ran some games on a server with replays enabled. Got some stellar gameplay, head back to my replay menu...ERRORs everywhere.

My rage

(I also coloured my Col Roule, into Waterlogged Lab Coat and it looks sexy.)

Dreavus

MisterAnderson said:
When the summer coolers are gone do you think that Valve will make the items that were unlocked from the coolers, normal drops?

Didn't they do this with the Christmas stuff? My guess is that the stuff from the coolers will be randomly craftable/in the store/random drops sometime soon, and probably all at once.

XeroSauce said:
So I'm slowly stepping into a world of video-making. I was planning on gettig a bunch of Enforcer and Reserve Shooter gameplay and do a 'guide', so I ran some games on a server with replays enabled. Got some stellar gameplay, head back to my replay menu...ERRORs everywhere.

My rage

(I also coloured my Col Roule, into Waterlogged Lab Coat and it looks sexy.)

Oh damn I didn't even consider coloring the col roule... I wonder how black would look. I don't suppose there's a way to preview the colors?

Zomba13

KarmaCow said:
I think you can do that with itemtest. Don't think you actually need the items to do it but I've never used it before.
Yeah, with itemtest you can equip anything in any style with any effect (even on classes that can't use the item). Very handy for seeing how an unusual or paint job will look in game on your character.

Also, unusual trading is hard :(
I can't for the life of me try to trade up my peace glengarry. Offers I've had seem at best something with flies which apparently isn't the lowest tier any more but only on certain things?
I think I can get a searing plasma Scotsman's stove pipe but I need another Max head which I think I can get (peace Glengarry for 2.5 buds + my spare bills = 3 buds = max head = stove pipe) and from there maybe trade that around?

Maybe I should just stop before I get sucked in any deeper? I mean, it's not a horrible hat and I for one kinda like rotating logo hats.
I think my ideal logo hat though would be something with a heart, but not on soldier as logos clip through his shoulders.

Zomba13

derFeef said:
A shame you can't equip all summer items at once. fliflops and backback would look nice.
Soon you can.

I think I'm more excited about the second misc slot update than any normal person should. I mean it's just another vanity items slot to dress up your virtual character that you'll never really see outside of taunting/humiliation.

I bit the bullet and spent about £4 on TF2 items last week now that the game is free, bought a few items I did not have for 59p so it was worth it (not found them in the last 10 hours of gameplay) hat wise I have quite a few from game preorders and vintage ones from last year so all is good there.

Game is as fun as ever, I stopped playing originally when the store was introduced.

marrec

Banned
I can't believe I passed on TF2 for so long... I picked this up before the Summer Sale started and spent more on Keys then I did on the sale. I can tell I will have a problem with moderation. I just need to find someone I can funnel all my Crates to as I find them, so I am not tempted to open them myself.

Years of Quake 2 MP has prepared me for play as a Soldier, but since it seems like no one else plays as a Soldier on any of the servers I randomly jump into, I can't really compare my play to anyone else. Not that it's a competition for me... (it is).

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
marrec said:
I can't believe I passed on TF2 for so long... I picked this up before the Summer Sale started and spent more on Keys then I did on the sale. I can tell I will have a problem with moderation. I just need to find someone I can funnel all my Crates to as I find them, so I am not tempted to open them myself.

Years of Quake 2 MP has prepared me for play as a Soldier, but since it seems like no one else plays as a Soldier on any of the servers I randomly jump into, I can't really compare my play to anyone else. Not that it's a competition for me... (it is).

You can just delete crates if it's really going to be a problem.

Dug

Banned
marrec said:
I can't believe I passed on TF2 for so long... I picked this up before the Summer Sale started and spent more on Keys then I did on the sale..
All according to the plan....

divisionbyzorro said:
Do crates have any trade value in this bizarre economy I'm still trying to wrap my head around?
Barely anything. 4-8 crates for an old weapon.

Certain crates are worth more than others. Newer ones can get you Strange weapons and there was a crate that gave you paint at the worst case. First crates are worth a little bit more, but you're still lucky to get a scrap for 4-8 of them.

I can understand there are lots of new people learning the game these days, but when I tell a Medic how to use his ubercharge several times and still never uses it, fucking makes me rage. Opposite team only had 2 sentries and I was a Demo... We lost because he died at least 8 times with 100% uber.

33cy8uq.jpg

Zomba13

Diablohead said:
I bit the bullet and spent about £4 on TF2 items last week now that the game is free, bought a few items I did not have for 59p so it was worth it (not found them in the last 10 hours of gameplay) hat wise I have quite a few from game preorders and vintage ones from last year so all is good there.

Game is as fun as ever, I stopped playing originally when the store was introduced.
I've been getting my friends who had TF2 with the Orange box but don't play/enjoy it to give me some of their hats and weps they aren't using and I've been turning the rubbish into metal or rebuilding doubles into other hats and stock piling all the bills.
Not found a friend with a max head though =/
That'd be the jackpot. Someone who doesn't like TF2, likes me and doesn't care about hats or hat economy and is willing to give me their sweet sweet rabbit head.

Also this summer sale I spent WAY too much on keys (and ended up with nothing worth mentioning a hat, some paint and strange weps (and summer stuff). Not worth it at all. Not too annoyed though as I love Valve and TF2 and I guess my worthless key purchases go towards improving TF2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom