• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grinchy

Banned
Risible said:
The trading sheet says it goes from .66 - 1+ refined. So it goes for anywhere from 2 reclaimed to 1 refined and a little more. But that's the trading sheet. Since the Strange Shotgun can be used by multiple classes, it's my understanding that it goes for more than usual. You have a wider audience to choose from since more people want it.

I sold my Strange Shotty for a Vintage Glenbury Bonnet (which goes for 3+ refined). So it's not always about the straight up value. It's sometimes about finding the guy who just wants it really bad.

Zomba13

vocab said:
Anyone want Max's head? I'm looking for some steam games for it.
Don't suppose you'd do it for any of these?
GLR4e.png

Zozobra

I downloaded this map called skyscraper so I could try to get a handle on rocket-jumps. Is there any way I can just launch it in offline mode or something so I can practice?

Yeef

Zozobra said:
I downloaded this map called skyscraper so I could try to get a handle on rocket-jumps. Is there any way I can just launch it in offline mode or something so I can practice?
just open the console and type map rj_skyscraper (or whatever the map's name is).

Acerac

Banned
I've been having a lot of difficulty with items showing up after I get text based TF2 going. It worked for me for a while, but this week the drops seem to have dried up. Any ideas where the issue may lie?

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Hm, trying to think of some clever names for items with my nametags. Currently I'm considering making the Dalakhos Bar into a Scrumdiddlyumptious Bar.

Grinchy

Banned
Acerac said:
I've been having a lot of difficulty with items showing up after I get text based TF2 going. It worked for me for a while, but this week the drops seem to have dried up. Any ideas where the issue may lie?
I'm sure there's absolutely nothing wrong with text mode, but I don't trust it. One week, I had only gotten a couple drops, and I did text idling overnight, and got 0 items for the rest of the week. I'm sure this is unrelated, but I am soured on text idling.

Now I just let my alt account idle overnight one time, and I play my regular account the way I regularly would.

Acerac

Banned
Grinchy said:
I'm sure there's absolutely nothing wrong with text mode, but I don't trust it. One week, I had only gotten a couple drops, and I did text idling overnight, and got 0 items for the rest of the week. I'm sure this is unrelated, but I am soured on text idling.

Now I just let my alt account idle overnight one time, and I play my regular account the way I regularly would.
Thanks for the heads up, I may just end up playing my alt accounts for items then going to my main if I can't get it figured out.

Of course 15 minutes in to playing on my alt account I break my spy point record. Oh well.

The_Technomancer said:
Unlikely, since it resets every Wednesday. Unless you played ten hours on Thursday.
Whether it was playing on GAF server or idling since Wednesday, I never seem to get any drops. Seem broken for me, only seem to get achievement items.

Risible

Grinchy said:
The trading sheet says it goes from .66 - 1+ refined. So it goes for anywhere from 2 reclaimed to 1 refined and a little more. But that's the trading sheet. Since the Strange Shotgun can be used by multiple classes, it's my understanding that it goes for more than usual. You have a wider audience to choose from since more people want it.

I sold my Strange Shotty for a Vintage Glenbury Bonnet (which goes for 3+ refined). So it's not always about the straight up value. It's sometimes about finding the guy who just wants it really bad.

Thanks for the info, Grinchy. New to the whole trading thing :).

.....and with that I can conclude, quite assuredly, don't like free things. They also suffer symptoms of compulsive buyers, and love for intangible objects.

Now seriously. Only 4 of 11 claimed their prizes; I guess I can keep them for the next time I'll craft something.

Oreoleo

Cuban Legend said:
Ok, I've got some summer items up for trade/metal/offers:

[My Backpack] Everything on page 1 is up for trade.

4x Prairie Biters
3x Security Shades
2x Rogue's Col Roule
2x Copper's Hard Top
1x Big Steel Jaw of Summer Fun
1x Tam O' Shanter
1x Stately Steel Toe

[click to add me on steam] [TF2 item values]

Could I trade my spare Soda Popper for your Enforcer or Persian Persuader?

Also are Summer Crates gonna change at midnight? I've got 2 or 3 I might as well get rid of since I'm not gonna open them, if anyone wants them.

Orellio said:

Also are Summer Crates gonna change at midnight? I've got 2 or 3 I might as well get rid of since I'm not gonna open them, if anyone wants them.
I'm fairly sure they will disappear around 1 PM EST. Since that's when the Steam sales are over.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Sgt.Pepper said:
.....and with that I can conclude, quite assuredly, don't like free things. They also suffer symptoms of compulsive buyers, and love for intangible objects.

If you're still available I'll take the katana haha. Just an incredibly busy weekend, and a nice big storm last night so I wasnt on my computer much then either.

Zerokku said:
If you're still available I'll take the katana haha. Just an incredibly busy weekend, and a nice big storm last night so I wasnt on my computer much then either.
Did you win? I was gonna check, but seems that the site is under DDoS attack by teenagers.

Orellio said:

add that dead ringer on page 1 and you're on!

gibration

Cuban Legend said:
Ok, I've got some summer items up for trade/metal/offers:

[My Backpack] Everything on page 1 is up for trade.

4x Prairie Biters
3x Security Shades
2x Rogue's Col Roule
2x Copper's Hard Top
1x Big Steel Jaw of Summer Fun
1x Tam O' Shanter
1x Stately Steel Toe

[click to add me on steam] [TF2 item values]
Hmm.... I want your Rouge's Col Roule, Security Shades, and Stately Steel Toe. How much metal for any of those items?

gibration said:
Hmm.... I want your Rouge's Col Roule, Security Shades, and Stately Steel Toe. How much metal for any of those items?
GAF gets a discount, so totals would be: 6 Ref

Rouge's Col Roule: 3 Ref 1 Rec
Security Shades: 1 Ref 2 Rec
Stately Steel Toe: 1 Ref

gibration said:
Damn, I don't have enough for any of them. :p
Why don't you try loaning? Give him some items that make up to that value, and when you get the metal you give it to him, and he gives you back the other items.

yeoz

Cuban Legend said:
GAF gets a discount, so totals would be: 6 Ref

Rouge's Col Roule: 3 Ref 1 Rec
Security Shades: 1 Ref 2 Rec
Stately Steel Toe: 1 Ref
My personal opinion here, but, this is a complete rip-off.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Aw man, I hate to clutter up the thread but I got two of them
I've got an extra Tam O' Shanter, and I'm looking for a Postal Pummeler, a Prairie Heel Biters, or a Rogue's Col Roule.
Any takers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom