• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard

Banned
Ferrio said:
The only time i really like i then is so you can backstab engineers without having to deal with the sentry first.
Remember that you can do that with a normal spy too as long as you're close to the gun. I think I use the number key to switch to the sapper, not even Q for last weapon, and you should still have time to sap as long as the level 3 (level 2 also?) is pointed away from you when you stab.

Yeef

Kulock said:
As for YER, people talk about it like it's godly, but I can never get it to work for myself. And of course, it really sucks if you see a Sentry, and there's nothing you can do about it until you pick off a target.
Actually, you can uncloak on top of a sentry and it'll give you enough time to actually attack. So if an engineer has his back to his sentry you can hop on top, decloak and stab him without getting hit at all. It's a very rare occurrence, and hard to pull of but it does work. I've only managed it once.

RIGHT-CLICK, PRESS THE RIGHT-CLICK!

DESTROY EVERY SENTRY, AND LIKE 2 RED ALIVE. TEAM DOESN'T FOLLOW AND YOU DIE.

uR15M.jpg

IF YOU'RE ON RED, THEN IT IS ALL GOOD. YOU HAVE 4 ENGINEERS BACKING YOU UP.

derFeef

Forkball said:
Whoa, they finalized the story for Meet the Medic only six weeks before it was posted? So that means when the Replay update came around and teased MtM, they JUST figured out what they were going to do.
No, it does mean it needed six weeks to make the final version. We have no clue when they started to make it.

Drkirby said:
I can't tell if the first one was a real attempt or just them goofing off in Gmod, it is bad.
It was an animatic, essentially an animated story board with placeholder sound to get a feel for how the final scene might flow.

derFeef

Drkirby said:
I can't tell if the first one was a real attempt or just them goofing off in Gmod, it is bad.
Thats how you animate, starting with poses and timings, getting a feel of the scene. You don't animate everything in detail until the timing is right.

Does Steam allow the use of prepaid credit cards to pay for things? I was thinking about making a trip to purchase one, but I'm not sure if Steam allows them or not.

Clydefrog

Professor Beef said:
Does Steam allow the use of prepaid credit cards to pay for things? I was thinking about making a trip to purchase one, but I'm not sure if Steam allows them or not.

I successfully used a $50 VISA gift card once.

Yeef

Steam also accepts Paypal and a few other online payment services. Sadly they do not accept Google checkout or Amazon payments, yet.

Blizzard

Banned
Professor Beef said:
Just be SUPER careful to monitor your balance. I think at least one GAF person reported getting their Steam account disabled because it went over the prepaid VISA limit and counted as an automatic chargeback or something. I don't know if their account ever got re-enabled, but I think that person acted like there wasn't a way to undo the "chargeback" since it was a prepaid card.

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
Blizzard said:
Just be SUPER careful to monitor your balance. I think at least one GAF person reported getting their Steam account disabled because it went over the prepaid VISA limit and counted as an automatic chargeback or something. I don't know if their account ever got re-enabled, but I think that person acted like there wasn't a way to undo the "chargeback" since it was a prepaid card.

If the whole card is going towards Steam, just dump the exact value into your Steam wallet. That should avoid going over.

Yeef

Really janky for me tonight on Hoodoo and Hightower. I was getting hiccups like every 3 seconds or so and none of my hitscan weapons seemed to work.

Also, this:
27B5FE2E3876A011C28F31C62EE78B8F0D1BBA8C

Going through updates of TF2 yesteryear, the confusion and befuddlement at each new update that seem so silly in restrospect, the outrage and anger at everything new that ruined TF2 in way back in 2008... magical.

Oh, and I got reminded of Icy. Remember Icy and his server? If you don't, be glad.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
The cries of people that the Medic/Pyro/Heavy updates were ruining TF2 were much less so than those that called for the heads of Robin Walker and Co when the Mann Co Store update hit the queue.

ahoyhoy said:
The cries of people that the Medic/Pyro/Heavy updates were ruining TF2 were much less so than those that called for the heads of Robin Walker and Co when the Mann Co Store update hit the queue.
Reading that thread is pretty crazy, but you can still sorta relate to it, unlike the ones where people are shouting about achievements and how these strange new "unlocks" will make everyone OP.

But yes, the outrage over the store is so funny to read in retrospect. "The immaculate Valve perfection is now tarnished... anyone pointing out that you don't need to buy these and can get everything via free methods is a defense force fanboy."

Dreavus

Hylian7 said:
I mentioned this in the GAF server earlier, but I thought I should post it here.

I realized what the description of the Summer Shades was a reference to. The description reads "These are famous." It was a reference to this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWj4gQivR3o

I can't stop laughing at the end interview.

"Why don't you take your glasses off"

"hmm... Nah I think I'll leave them on"

Then she proceeds to ask him 2-3 more times to take off his glasses. :lol

Forkball

Ok, so I put up my Soldier's Fancy Dress Uniform on TF2TP to see what it would get. I got about 30 requests, some interesting but nothing I really wanted. Then I get friended by a guy, and I check out his TF2TP page and he wanted to traded a giftable Villain's Veil for the Fancy Dress Uniform. This is definitely too good to be true, but I decided to talk to him. Right when I get to the trade window he asks what level my uniform is (7). Then he decides NOT to trade it because the level is too low. What. The. Fuck. He keeps putting up stuff I already have like the Fez, or stuff I don't want like the Le Party Phantom, but does not want to trade that veil because of the number, even though I explain that it doesn't mean anything and that it's random. I give him a link to my backpack and he decides that he will take it with gold paint. So in the end I traded my soldier's suit and gold paint for Villain's Veil. Hell. Yes. Now I need to paint it Team Spirit.

TRADE JUNK:

Violet, Orange, Brown, Slate paint = 1 rec
Grey or Lime = 2 rec
Persian Persuader for any Uber weapon I don't have

Flunkie

Banned
I had mucho rage tonight. No fucking medics, their whole team was basically spies, and I ended up
pretend
throwing my computer across the room.

Hylian7

I tried out TF2TP with a trade I've been wanting to make. I have an extra Stately Steel Toe I want to trade for a Big Steel Jaw of Summer Fun.

Selling my Unusual Western Wear with Scorching Flames, only 5 in the world according to tf2items.com. PM me with a cash offer if interested.
Honestly, I just want to be rid of this damned thing and play the game again without 900k people bombarding me with friend requests trying to jip me.

Clydefrog

24FrameDaVinci said:
Selling my Unusual Western Wear with Scorching Flames, only 5 in the world according to tf2items.com. PM me with a cash offer if interested.
Honestly, I just want to be rid of this damned thing and play the game again without 900k people bombarding me with friend requests trying to jip me.

Will give you 3 (maybe 4) Nataschas for it.

24FrameDaVinci said:

I've got a Tam O'Shanter and a Summer Cooler, is that ok?

AcciDante

24FrameDaVinci said:
One refined!

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
24FrameDaVinci said:
I have no idea what that hat is, but here's my backpack full of cheap shit!
http://www.tf2items.com/id/bufko

derFeef

I hope it was a fast death. Arrows are hilarious, especially when they stick in Heavy heads while they still walk around like a boss.

Zomba13

I finally manage to get 3 buds and all the Max head trades for 3 buds are gone and it's now apparently worth 4 buds. Yesterday I found loads for 3!

:(

Forkball[B said:
Right when I get to the trade window he asks what level my uniform is (7). Then he decides NOT to trade it because the level is too low[/B].
If anything I'd expect him to offer more for a level 7. Isn't it a wanted level? You know, lucky number 7 and all that. Glad you got what you wanted in the end though.

EDIT: Finally got a trade for another Max head. 3 buds and my spare lubricious lid. Now to find the guy that wanted to trade me a Vivid plasma Exqusite rack for it and then maybe turn it into a Purple Energy Brigade helm :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom