• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox318

derFeef said:
I hope it was a fast death. Arrows are hilarious, especially when they stick in Heavy heads while they still walk around like a boss.
2AD24370429AFB063CE439AF0066E151C8DE8310

Current bid is at $80 for Unusual Western Wear w/ Scorching Flames. I would love to be rid of this thing by the end of today and just play the game again.

v24Ne.jpg

derFeef

Oh wow 80$? Looks like it could go higher. I would love a hat with flies - I think it's hilarious and also subtle, which I prefer.

24FrameDaVinci said:
Current bid is at $80 for Unusual Western Wear w/ Scorching Flames. I would love to be rid of this thing by the end of today and just play the game again.

You sure you don't want the Tam O'Shanter?

Also you don't have to wear the hat when playing. That might stop people from contacting you.

DarkKyo

24FrameDaVinci said:
I doubt anyone here would buy it.

I just got a new unusual last week and I wouldn't give it away for any price. You should keep yours and play with it :)

I just received 2 scam bids on it from people who created profiles exactly the same as those with perfect rep on sourceop.com. I fucking hate this thing, it is the bane of my Steam acct.

DarkKyo

24FrameDaVinci said:
I just received 2 scam bids on it from people who created profiles exactly the same as those with perfect rep on sourceop.com. I fucking hate this thing, it is the bane of my Steam acct.
I think if you just enjoyed the cool hat instead of trying to make a profit...

There are scammers everywhere who will try to separate you from your account and hat :/

derFeef

24FrameDaVinci said:
Don't wear it, then - make your profile 'friends only' so noone can look into the backpack etc. Why would you give it away anyway? It is a rare item so just keep it - you will not get another one very soon. Or gift it to me - I will wear and enjoy it :D

Goon Boon

Banned
derFeef said:
Don't wear it, then - make your profile 'friends only' so noone can look into the backpack etc. Why would you give it away anyway? It is a rare item so just keep it - you will not get another one very soon. Or gift it to me - I will wear and enjoy it :D
Yeah, if you make your inventory private, nobody can see shit in your backpack. Theres websites that search everyones tf2 backpacks, and they don't work either if you make your backpack private.

DarkKyo

So wait, was the $80 bid a scam/fake?

If you can't find any legit bidders but need to get rid of it I will offer like $30 but only cause I really like that Engie hat. I would say that it's worth you keeping it though, just make your backpack private and ignore random trade requests.

Well, part of me wants to keep it, another part of me wants some extra scratch for next gen consoles =) I'm likely going to play Battlefield 3 alot more than TF2 so if someone will pay a good buck then I wouldn't mind parting with it.

Dechaios said:
I will offer like $30
Now that's just silly, and no, the $80 was offered by a member on this board. Whether or not he's a scammer, I don't really know.

Blizzard

Banned
24FrameDaVinci said:
Well, part of me wants to keep it, another part of me wants some extra scratch for next gen consoles =) I'm likely going to play Battlefield 3 alot more than TF2 so if someone will pay a good buck then I wouldn't mind parting with it.

Now that's just silly, and no, the $80 was offered by a member on this board. Whether or not he's a scammer, I don't really know.
If you don't want to take $30 for it, I have a white engineer cowboy hat somewhere that I'll trade for your fancy hat, so you can go back to enjoying the game. :D

I just want more metal and some specific items for the new recipes. I must have already gone past my drop limit.

DarkKyo

24FrameDaVinci said:

Lol pfft I don't need your unusual anyways, mine is cooler :p

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
I dig the change from "oh well I just want to get rid of it because I wanna enjoy the game" to "30 Bucks? That's just silly!"

No wait, I don't.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
If there is a seperate trading thread, this thread is useless aside from intermittent GAF server shenanigans. Trading and items are the backbone of TF2.

Chavelo

enzo_gt said:
If there is a seperate trading thread, this thread is useless aside from intermittent GAF server shenanigans. Trading and items are the backbone of TF2.

What happened to us, man... We used to be cool talking about the gameplay and the art. We changed... D:

Wait, are we really doing virtual item selling (with real money) on NeoGAF? What in the hell... Take that crap to the Unusual Hat Club or SourceOP forums, guy. >:-\

Zomba13

enzo_gt said:
Nah, this'll be the place for asking questions about the game/items (ones not about how much items are worth), discussing the newest news, videos, recent games, posting screen shots etc. Trading is the minority of the stuff posted here from what I see. It's just on the rise at the moment because of the uber update and summer stuff.

Weenerz

Banned
24FrameDaVinci said:

What website are you selling it on? I have some things I want to see what they are worth. If you don't feel comfortable posting it, you can PM me.

Yeef

enzo_gt said:
Yeah. I mean, this thread would tiny without trading talk. It'd probably only be like 2 or 3 pages.

Bufbaf said:
I dig the change from "oh well I just want to get rid of it because I wanna enjoy the game" to "30 Bucks? That's just silly!"

No wait, I don't.
:lol please, let's not turn this into the "sellout" argument. You know it's worth a lot more than $30, and I'd rather keep it and enjoy it then be low-balled.

Anyway, enough about the stupid effing hat, does the GAF server ever rotate to 2fort?

blanky

Anyway know a workaround or fix for the map change bug in the game? My sister plays it on her mac but everytime the map changes or something similar the game crashes.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
My game has been crashing after I disconnect from a server recently. It only started doing that after one of the recent patches =/

Dakota47

A new series of crates is out with new strange weapons. A buddy of mine got a #25 crate, containing Pyro weapons. He got a strange flame thrower from it. Any news what's in series #22 - 24?

Sourtreats said:
Anyone interested in a Strange Eyelander?

I'll trade you for a strange chargin' targe.

Forkball

balladofwindfishes said:
And things just keep getting weirder

Medic can now equip the Private Eye
You know, when it was first shown, I assumed it would be a gift as part of some sort of promotion or contest, since it was odd that it had the Mann Co. logo on it. I wonder if Valve is prepping for a hat/styles update sometime soon.

Also, we really don't need a separate trading thread. The trade talk is crazy right now because of A) new players who don't have anything thus want a lot of stuff B) many people still don't have the new weapons C) the summer crates left many people with stuff they didn't want or doubles. It will die down eventually.

That said I have a spare Persian Persuader, I'll trade it for an Uber weapon I don't have.

[edit] NEW CRATES WITH STRANGE SANDMAN OH BOY

Zomba13

Found the person who now own my Unusual Trophy Belt (with Ghosts). I know it's mine because of the description and the paint.

Dakota47

Dakota47 said:
A new series of crates is out with new strange weapons. A buddy of mine got a #25 crate, containing Pyro weapons. He got a strange flame thrower from it. Any news what's in series #22 - 24?

Update

Apparently other series contain scout and spy weapons.

yeoz

New crate #23 has scout stuff:
(Strange) Scattergun
(Strange) Boston Basher
(Strange) Pistol
(Strange) Sandman
Ye Olde Baker Boy
Milkman
Or an Exceedingly Rare Special Item!
#24 has spy stuff:
(Strange) The Ambassador
(Strange) Conniver's Kunai