• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forkball

Lulz at Strange Kunai. Strange Knife is a shoe-in, so that leaves two more. I'm betting on a Strange Revolver and Strange Ambassador.

Zomba13

Forkball said:
Lulz at Strange Kunai. Strange Knife is a shoe-in, so that leaves two more. I'm betting on a Strange Revolver and Strange Ambassador.
I'd love there to be a Strange YER and enforcer. Won't happen though :(

yeoz

#24 has spy stuff:
(Strange) The Ambassador
(Strange) Conniver's Kunai
(Strange) Knife
(Strange) Revolver
Private Eye
Fancy Fedora
Or an Exceedingly Rare Special Item!
Ok, that's everything.
Btw, the Private Eye is now a three-class hat. Spy, Demo and Medic (as of today's update).

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
Oh sweet more strange weapons! I'M SO EXCITED.

2J1uz.jpg

Oh god more keys I need to buy now :(

Does anyone want to trade me a crate #19 for a crate #21? Or does anyone want to trade any strange weapons (don't need the rocket launcher, eyelander, natasha or grenade launcher) for some summer items?

Jagxyz

How does a treasure hat look ingame? How noticeable is the effect?

Also, would trading my TS Bill's for one be a good deal?
Thanks!

Zomba13

Borgnine said:
Oh sweet more strange weapons! I'M SO EXCITED.

2J1uz.jpg
I wish they'd just make the notification pop up in the text chat, like with trades and crafts and found stuff. Making it a notification for everyone is annoying, even when it's your weapon ranking up.

Jagxyz said:
How does a treasure hat look ingame? How noticeable is the effect?

Also, would trading my TS Bill's for one be a good deal?
Thanks!
I'd say it's a good deal. I mean the treasure hat is the mid level of the Steam treasure hunt thing (and you can change styles to bounty hat, which is the closed chest). Unless they do another steam treasure hunt there won't be another opportunity to get one (thought I suppose the same is true for Bills). Price guide lists it as worth a bills+.
The effect is pretty noticeable but only when you move around (because that's when the coins fall out :D). I like the hat. I say go for it. I mean, if you want your bills back you can also trade down for it. Might even get a bit more than you started with.

Ferrio

Banned
Zomba13 said:
I wish they'd just make the notification pop up in the text chat, like with trades and crafts and found stuff. Making it a notification for everyone is annoying, even when it's your weapon ranking up.

Pfft, they should make it huge text in the middle of the screen that does a Zoom in-Zoom out effect while screaming the name of the upgrade.

webrunner

Ferrio said:
Pfft, they should make it huge text in the middle of the screen that does a Zoom in-Zoom out effect while screaming the name of the upgrade.

Every time one upgrades, every current player on every server is kicked out of the game and their web browser launches a team fortress site update which announces the weapon's update. Then people come to your house and kidnap you to bring you to the house of the weapon's owner so you can bow down before them.

Clydefrog

crates are strange when you're a player
hats look ugly when you're online
snipers seem wicked when they're unwanted
games are uneven when you're down

Forkball

Soon we will be able to link our phone numbers to our accounts so it will send a text message every time one of your friend's strange weapons upgrades.

Ferrio

Banned
Forkball said:
Soon we will be able to link our phone numbers to our accounts so it will send a text message every time one of your friend's strange weapons upgrades.

They should make it so it text messages the person you're dominating. Could get my friend salty....

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Ferrio said:
dutycallswallpaper1800x.jpg

Forkball said:
You mean Twiiter integration.

"My Strange Rocket Launcher has become Truly Terrifying at @teamfortress. Join with me through @steam_games!"

Javaman

Forkball said:

Battlefield 3 isn't all that far from that.

Zomba13 said:
Flashing annoying shit on everyone's screen is part of the attraction.

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
Clydefrog said:
crates are strange when you're a player
hats look ugly when you're online
snipers seem wicked when they're unwanted
games are uneven when you're down

:lol Happens to you too?

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, a lot of summer crate stuff is already in the shop. That's harsh. Is this always the case so soon after "special" occasion item time run out?

Blizzard

Banned
I didn't realize the mailbox, with its awesome kill icons, was an AXETINGUISHER reskin instead of a homewrecker reskin. I would love to have a mailbox if someone wants to trade one some day. :D

derFeef

Blizzard said:
I didn't realize the mailbox, with its awesome kill icons, was an AXETINGUISHER reskin instead of a homewrecker reskin. I would love to have a mailbox if someone wants to trade one some day. :D
It really is a great weapon and killicon.
(I have two)

I don't get all this Strange Weapon stuff... so what if it tracks your kills? The game already has stats.

I always thought statwhores were confined to Call of Duty and Battlefield.

(._.)

Banned
Cuban Legend said:
I don't get all this Strange Weapon stuff... so what if it tracks your kills? The game already has stats.

a lot of people like their tf2 stats. easy to fuck them up though on an idle/achievement server or funbox.

strange weapons are fun

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Darkflight said:
I crated a Detonator yesterday, does anyone find the alt-fire explosion temperamental? I swear sometimes it just won't go off.
I'm finding this too.. I don't know if it's just me or the Detonator itself is just borked.

Grinchy

Banned
Cuban Legend said:

Everyone who uses a strange weapon is a statwhore. I didn't know this before today, so thank you for teaching me. I will now start playing CoD and BF.

Blizzard

Banned
Darkflight said:
I crated a Detonator yesterday, does anyone find the alt-fire explosion temperamental? I swear sometimes it just won't go off.
If anything, it feels lagged, and I'm convinced the sound is really quiet compared to the beta. The quiet sound, lack of much visual radius indication, and tiny range makes it really hard to hit someone with in my opinion. I'm not sure I've even managed to time the explosion to catch someone in the fire. If you shoot near their feet will it automatically explode and catch them on fire? I know if you shoot at your own feet (while crouch jumping mainly) you'll do the little jump, but that was of course also majorly reduced from the beta.

Ferrio

Banned
Cuban Legend said:

I like it since it displays during kill screens. So it's neat to see the person who killed you and how many kills their weapon has racked up.

Blizzard said:
If anything, it feels lagged, and I'm convinced the sound is really quiet compared to the beta. The quiet sound, lack of much visual radius indication, and tiny range makes it really hard to hit someone with in my opinion. I'm not sure I've even managed to time the explosion to catch someone in the fire. If you shoot near their feet will it automatically explode and catch them on fire? I know if you shoot at your own feet (while crouch jumping mainly) you'll do the little jump, but that was of course also majorly reduced from the beta.
I'm definitely enjoying it, managed to catch a few people, but I agree it could be improved even without adding back in the beta jump.

Chavelo said:
so that's how it starts...

I can't imagine hoarding. I can understand wanting to get one of most of the weapons...maybe one of a lot of the hats. But I've always wondered if people with hordes of crates, and 8 of each item are planning on doing with them all. Converting them into metal (sale or smelting) makes sense, as there is at least a destination involved (since we know you can make or buy hats you may not have).

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Well, I am hording the crates since there isn't anything better to do with them. Trading them away is to much effort.

parasight said:
The Mailbox actually drops now, as does all the other summer stuff (also craftable).

Oh, good, considering they were just reskins of existing weapons and cosmetic items, I thought they might actually have something rare in crates for once, short of an Unusual.

Because it sure feels good paying $2.49 and getting a common drop weapon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom