• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grinchy

Banned
Drkirby said:
Well, I am hording the crates since there isn't anything better to do with them. Trading them away is to much effort.
Just make sure you don't get the urge to open them. I kept a bunch of crates around because they were hard to sell, and before I knew it, I had opened them all. I think I am finally done buying keys though.

parasight

I really liked my Honcho + Fancy Dress combo, but someone offered a Team Captain for my Fancy Dress straight up so I had to take it. Hoping I can find another Fancy Dress with the metals/keys I make from my Honcho.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
If there is luck, my brother has it.

He has opened a grand total of ten crates.

He has gotten two unusuals.

One was a Madam Dixie with Circling TF2 logo that he just gave me

The other was the ultra-rare hat that he traded for 18 buds.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Zomba13 said:
I wish they'd just make the notification pop up in the text chat, like with trades and crafts and found stuff. Making it a notification for everyone is annoying, even when it's your weapon ranking up.
...it...it isn't? Um, I totally only get text chat notifications. I never get the "press K" window

The_Technomancer said:
...it...it isn't? Um, I totally only get text chat notifications. I never get the "press K" window
When you have pop-ups deactivated yes, otherwise it appears a pop-up window with a big "PRESS K TO REMOVE"

I got an extra Strange Eyelander, a Strange GRU, a Tom O' Shanter, Prairie Heel Biters, Copper's Top, and Rogue's Col Roule.

Looking for Strange Sticky Launcher, Shotgun, Minigun, or Direct Hit, or any other interesting trades someone might want to offer.

Yeef

The_Technomancer said:
you can disable notifications, but then it disables ALL notifications, which means trades and duels and new items and gifts and everything!

Yeef said:
you can disable notifications, but then it disables ALL notifications, which means trades and duels and new items and gifts and everything!
Not really. I still get the item notification screen, even with pop-ups deactivated.

Yeef

Sgt.Pepper said:
Not really. I still get the item notification screen, even with pop-ups deactivated.
That's not what I'm talking about. if you go long enough without dying or visiting the store when you have new drops a pop-up will appear that says something like "You have new items! [K] See them now [J] Dismiss."

LiamExe

So what do you guys think of people from different regions other than America joining onto the GAF server? I'd love to play a few rounds with you guys, but my ping would end up somewhere around 100 - 150'ish and I know it's no fun for people on the other end when I'm pinging all over the place. :(

Zomba13

Got my Vivid Plasma Exquisite Rack for a Green Max Head :D

Stated with Peace Glengarry and 2 bills from my friends
Traded the bills for a bud, traded the glengarry for 2 buds, a vintage pyro whisker and something else. Traded the 3 buds and a lubricious lid (another spare) for a green Max. Traded the green max for the rack.

Trying now to trade the rack for a better looking hat. Offered to someone trading a purple energy brigade helm (which I want to paint hot pink).

Also traded/crafted some hats I didn't want. Managed to get a Samur-eye for 2 refined! (worth 5-7 genuine but I still think I got lucky for a crafted) also managed to craft a Mages hood which I want to trade (got the genuine from magicka)

LiamExe said:
So what do you guys think of people from different regions other than America joining onto the GAF server? I'd love to play a few rounds with you guys, but my ping would end up somewhere around 100 - 150'ish and I know it's no fun for people on the other end when I'm pinging all over the place. :(
I play with a 150ish ping fine.

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
LiamExe said:

I've heard Yeef say it's not a problem as long as you're white.

Also we had an Indian guy play on the server for a while with 350+ ping. Not sure what happened to him, I assume Yeef banned him for not being white.

yeoz

EmCeeGramr said:
*is ubered, kills everything except a minisentry with 1hp left*

*minisentry tears apart team coming up ramp and lets them completely rebuild*
I'm sorry :( I tried my best :( I thought I dropped a couple of stickies on it, and I was wondering why I still couldn't get it to blow up :(

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
Those little boys that kept meeting behind the waterfall were awesome. We should invite them back. Best:

Little boy: I can't spray anything
Borsalino: So you're shooting blanks?

Yeef

They added this to the beta to assuage all of the people complaining about the new, superior crafting interface. It'll likely make its way to the game relatively quickly.

Borgnine said:
Those little boys that kept meeting behind the waterfall were awesome. We should invite them back. Best:

My favorites were Ja-Rate.

Also "This team doesn't even have any heavies!" *quit*

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Borgnine said:

ADULT CONTENT! BAN BAN!

Sorry

Oh how I wish I had a capable PC to play with Yeef and you Borgnine. Just for moments like that. :(
While raging at items and stuff that breaks the balance and wishing Yeef had a "classic" server even if I was the only one playing there. :(

Just tried crafting an item for the first time, and used two chargin' targes (one found and other unlocked from achievement) to produce one scrap metal. Now I don't have the weapon in my backpack anymore?

Is there any chance of me finding the item again?

lazybones18 said:
Just tried crafting an item for the first time, and used two chargin' targes (one found and other unlocked from achievement) to produce one scrap metal. Now I don't have the weapon in my backpack anymore?

When you craft, you lose what you're using in favour of what you're making. You turned them into scrap metal.

Yes, you can still find them again.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Borgnine said:
What was the other one... burn banner? Fuck... that's actually a pretty good idea.

Nah it was the buff burner.

evlcookie said:
I actually found the mailbox this morning while idling, Totally going to play pyro over the weekend.

Does anyone in here like crates? I've got 6 of them and i will never buy a damn key for them. Crates can be viewed here - http://www.tf2items.com/id/evlcookie

I will take scrap metal, I don't care :D

I'll take both series 1 crates.

Forkball

The kids were a little grating tonight. Can we make it a rule that everyone on the GAF server has to have a high school degree? GEDs are acceptable on payload maps.

Also I forgot to post this spray Borgnine made a few weeks ago:

D15CFF169F7D963EDE410B01A9BF17CE1C455DB0

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Borgnine said:

Wait a minute, I sound like Borsalino?

lazybones18 said:

You can, as you mentioned above, but you also probably shouldn't use that scrap for anything, because you used an achievement item, those make the resulting metal untradeable. Which also makes anything you ever make with that metal untradeable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom