• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkKyo

(._.) said:
I actually take back what I said and will agree with you when it comes to the Degreaser. I'm a purist when it comes to pyro. Probably because I've been hating on the backburner since I started playing TF2 (will always be a pos).
I'm not a huge fan of the backburner either. It seems inefficient and requires a bit more risk to get some kills.

Rapstah

How fucking odd. The Postal Pummeler, which I've heard it's called in English, is actually called "The Hotmail Account", letter for letter, in French. I hadn't actually seen it until today but the name seemed off. Someone's translation trolling.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Rapstah said:
How fucking odd. The Postal Pummeler, which I've heard it's called in English, is actually called "The Hotmail Account", letter for letter, in French. I hadn't actually seen it until today but the name seemed off. Someone's translation trolling.

Thats actually kinda clever if you think about it.

Dechaios said:
Nah that's not true. Generally weapons aren't "better" than one another or else the game wouldn't be balanced. The alternate weapons are there so you can find your own preferences and playstyle, simple as that.

Are you about to tell me that the Minigun is "better" than the Tomislav?
Or that the Flamethrower is "better" than the Degreaser?
What about the Bonesaw compared to Ubersaw?
Scattergun compared to Force-a-nature?
Normal wrench "better" than Southern Hospitality?
And don't you dare try to say that the normal fireaxe for Pyro is "better" than the Axetinguisher.

You get my point; a lot of the added weapons give perks and qualities that the original weapons just fall short of. The vanilla loadout is no longer the superior loadout and I really don't think it ever was.

I've only just seen this post so my apologies for only being able to respond so late.

At the minute the Mini-gun still reigns supreme, have not been impressed with the Tomislav, I don't think I've necessarily lost a "duel" with a Heavy armed with it.

Largely, I think the updated Pyro and the Medic weapons have been probably been the best of the bunch. So can easily concede that point regarding the axetinguisher and the degreaser as well as the ubersaw.

The scattergun is a far superior gun to the F-A-N.

I think the Jag may be the best wrench for the Engineer.

If I were to play the game in a more competitive mood, I would probably stick with almost all of the stock weapons.

I usually fiddle about with the others simply to add a little variety not due to the fact that the weapons are "better".

I may have to also concede on the 90% figure. May drop to 75%.

g35twinturbo said:
I might have missed it but how does loot work again?
How often do you get loot?

The loot "drops" meaning that it is awarded to you at random times. I think you are limited to just under 10 items per week.

You're also able to unlock weapons by getting the class milestone achievements.

Haha, 71 times dominated and 33 revenges. Looks like I die too often to the same person, looks at wartime. Also, I got the the Demoknight awards as well. Seems I need to stop charging into the fray so often.

yeoz

Rapstah said:
Are you sure that wasn't a nametag? I just switched my steam language to french, and the postal pummeller just shows as "Postal Pummeler"

Milly79

g35twinturbo said:
I might have missed it but how does loot work again?
How often do you get loot?
I thought I read it as:

7-10 drops a week. Resets every Wednesday or Thursday? Every 30+ minutes you get one.

Chriswok said:
Do all the items in the shop drop freely in game at some point, or are some of the items unique to the shop (stamps, etc)?
Everything but the stamps and that stamp hat drop iirc oh and keys don't either.

Chriswok said:
Do all the items in the shop drop freely in game at some point, or are some of the items unique to the shop (stamps, etc)?
Stamps, the stamp hat, the Mann Co. hat, and certain items like gift wraps and keys can only be bought.

So far, I've had around 50 drops, but no hats. So I assume that hats are rare drops then?

EDIT - Also, are the achievements borked? I seem to be getting some which I'm pretty sure shouldn't apply to me. For example, I literally just got the 'Head of the Class' one, yet I have only played Sniper and Pyro today. I've also got the 'Beat me up Scotty' yet I haven't even got the Eyelander!

Rapstah

yeoz said:
Are you sure that wasn't a nametag? I just switched my steam language to french, and the postal pummeller just shows as "Postal Pummeler"
That might also be true in which case I'm an idiot.

sixghost

Rapstah said:
That's a way better name.

yeoz

Uh, seems like a coordinated multibrowser attempt would almost always win (that particular contest). Set up 5+ web browsers with different cookies and different logged in accounts, and then send them all one-by-one one-immediately-after-the-other.

Zomba13

yeoz said:
Uh, seems like a coordinated multibrowser attempt would almost always win (that particular contest). Set up 5+ web browsers with different cookies and different logged in accounts, and then send them all one-by-one one-immediately-after-the-other.
Would also need 5 steam accounts (able to log in at the same time) for the second part (the random pick). 5 friends could do it but I dunno. Might be obvious if they are all on each other friends list or something.

yeoz

Zomba13 said:
Would also need 5 steam accounts (able to log in at the same time) for the second part (the random pick). 5 friends could do it but I dunno. Might be obvious if they are all on each other friends list or something.
I have like ... 20 steam accounts now :x I could rename them all and then add random friends to each.

Remy

Despite the fact that I set up a paypal subscription, apparently it didn't fire and the server is currently suspended.

Working to pay it now, but there may be some issues for the time being.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Remy said:
Despite the fact that I set up a paypal subscription, apparently it didn't fire and the server is currently suspended.

So you tried to pay with keys...

Blizzard

Banned
Remy said:

Even in finance, the server is Super Janky.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Unrelated: How much does one have to pay for the Soldier's Hachimaki thingie?

edit: Oh, it's craftable? Nice :)

parasight

http://www.justin.tv/systematic#/w/1467592272

I feel really bad for this fellow, he unboxes folks crates for free but no one ever shows up for the event. It's legit, as he streams and records it. He's only got a few left now, because most people no-showed and he went on a random server to open crates. If you show up in time, post your ID in the chat and he'll trade you.

Dreavus

parasight said:

I feel really bad for this fellow, he unboxes folks crates for free but no one ever shows up for the event. It's legit, as he streams and records it. He's only got a few left now, because most people no-showed and he went on a random server to open crates. If you show up in time, post your ID in the chat and he'll trade you.

Weird. Why is he doing that though, just for fun?

parasight

For the lulz. But mainly as a charity for the Steam Community. He posts his thread on the Steam Forums. He's an overall very nice guy. The first time he did it was using his Google Ads funds on YouTube, this time is from his pocket.

parasight said:

Fantastic fellow, unboxed me a strange scatter gun.

parasight said:

wow. he must be spending a lot of money to do that. very nice of him indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom