• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

AcciDante

yeoz said:
just to jump on this stupid trading bandwagon, here's my spares backpack: http://www.tf2b.com/id/ye0z
I'll trade any item on there for one scrap or any other non-crate item I don't already have on there.
You are a gentleman and a scholar for trading me that Defiant Spartan for a measly scrap. Thank you! My soldier shall finally be fearsome! :D

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
yeoz said:
just to jump on this stupid trading bandwagon, here's my spares backpack: http://www.tf2b.com/id/ye0z
I'll trade any item on there for one scrap or any other non-crate item I don't already have on there.
Golf Club Please, I'll give you some scrap metal.

Detonator too, anther scrap. And the Splindid Screen. I guess that is a Reclaimed then all together.

Forkball

Thanks zoey, now I just need the Sniper weapons, Medic needler and statue, and the Tomislav for my Uber update weapon collection to be complete.

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
Forkball said:
Thanks zoey, now I just need the Sniper weapons, Medic needler and statue, and the Tomislav for my Uber update weapon collection to be complete.

I thought you said you didn't want the Solemn Vow D:

Anony

look, if i could make a category called neogaf in my steam friends list, i would add everyone, but my friends list with 25 or so people feels like a cluster fuck already

i blame valve

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Anony said:
look, if i could make a category called neogaf in my steam friends list, i would add everyone, but my friends list with 25 or so people feels like a cluster fuck already

i blame valve
Add Friend, Trade, Delete.

Or trade and use the Steam Profile URL.

TGMIII

Just an update with the EU server. I've been out most of today but the server is actually up and running at the moment. Sadly the plug-ins are fucked up and I waited 1 1/2 hours in a queue to speak to support for support to go offline for the night lol.

If people want to jump in and test the server feel free, but just note that the server is very barebones right now and there'll be a lot of changes over the next few hours/days.

NeoGaf EU TF2
Neogaf EU Mumble

I'll do a final post once I have everything sorted out.
Enjoy.

yeoz

Saw this on the janky-ass server just now:
MungBlumpkin : could we get less spies and more medics?
(TEAM) *Kat's "Unlucky" Bitch : Someone go heavy I'll go medic
(TEAM) Taokaka : no
(TEAM) *Kat's "Unlucky" Bitch : I don't believe in healing fucking soldiers
I can understand people who just pocket one person and only that person, but, refusing to heal soldiers? WTF?

awwyeahgurrl said:
Just an update with the EU server. I've been out most of today but the server is actually up and running at the moment. Sadly the plug-ins are fucked up and I waited 1 1/2 hours in a queue to speak to support for support to go offline for the night lol.

If people want to jump in and test the server feel free, but just note that the server is very barebones right now and there'll be a lot of changes over the next few hours/days.

NeoGaf EU TF2
Neogaf EU Mumble

I'll do a final post once I have everything sorted out.
Enjoy.

I'll jump on for a bit. I won't use mumble for the time being, I'm constantly coughing and would just be a pain in the ass.

GatorFan

Banned
Anyone know the approximate value of a strange backburner? I'd love one but I'd rather trade for one instead of buy a key for my crate. If anyone has one let me know and maybe we can work something out :)

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Idle for 8hrs on friday night.
Play for 4+ hrs on saturday.
Idle for 1hr about 2hrs ago.

Why you no drop anything TF2?!

This has to be the longest lack of drop streak i've ever had. It's totally taunting me.

Has anyone been using the new soldier shotgun? I really want it due to the mini crits, I figured it would be good to use when you rocket bounce someone, switch for a shot or 2 with the shotty and back to the bounce.

Does it work well or is it just shit?

Mafro

GatorFan said:
Anyone know the approximate value of a strange backburner? I'd love one but I'd rather trade for one instead of buy a key for my crate. If anyone has one let me know and maybe we can work something out :)
Seems to be worth around 2 keys, Strange Scattergun or possibly a Strange Shotgun at the moment.

evlcookie said:
Has anyone been using the new soldier shotgun? I really want it due to the mini crits, I figured it would be good to use when you rocket bounce someone, switch for a shot or 2 with the shotty and back to the bounce.

I like it. and it's sound is win.

Dreams-Visions said:
pretty cool, but you could have bought the Col Roule outright for around 2 ref + 1-2 rec.
ive got one at that price for anyone interested.

+ more summer items: some shades, the heavy jaw, some heavy coppers caps, and the heel biters for the engy.

Forkball

So I played around with some of the new weapons I got today. The Quick Fix is pretty interesting and great for the lower HP classes. I just feel weird not being able to overheal, it feels like I'm not doing anything when the enemy isn't around. Using its Uber takes some getting used to, but it can be quite effective if several people coordinate a push.

Arabian Demoknight is actually really fun when you aren't on the receiving end of their wrath. The shield slam is a pretty good last ditch effort, I survived far longer than I should have because of finishing off targets with a shield bash. If you pay attention to ammo drops, you can easily stay alive at at near full health. I'm interested in trying to Half Zatoichi out with the shield and boots, you don't get the ammo health but kills = instant full health and you don't need to rely on picking up your victim's ammo to survive.

Also I have a spare Splendid Screen, if you want it just message me on Steam, but I have to leave in about fifteen minutes.

I know you can buy pretty much any hat now for under 3 refined but I still enjoy crafting my 3 refined together and seeing what I get. It's one of the few surprises TF2 gives me, even if I often end up wishing I hadn't.

Cuban Legend said:
ive got one at that price for anyone interested.

+ more summer items: some shades, the heavy jaw, some heavy coppers caps, and the heel biters for the engy.
hmmm...I'm running a bit low on metal, but I could give you 2 ref and my 1 scrap for it. I think it would look good on my spy!

Sourtreats said:
I know you can buy pretty much any hat now for under 3 refined but I still enjoy crafting my 3 refined together and seeing what I get. It's one of the few surprises TF2 gives me, even if I often end up wishing I hadn't.
lol. a gambling man, I can respect that. :)

I assume you already crafted the halloween hat with strange metal? I ask because that's a hat that actually is priced well above the 4 ref you put in.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Dreams-Visions said:
I like it. and it's sound is win.

Yea the sound does sound good? Wat

I've seen a few people use it, Makes me sad since i want the entire set but i hate the idea of buying items and keys. So i need to craft the stuff :/

evlcookie said:
Yea the sound does sound good? Wat

I've seen a few people use it, Makes me sad since i want the entire set but i hate the idea of buying items and keys. So i need to craft the stuff :/
If I get another, it'll be yours for free. Good people here gave me stuff to get me started and I'm happy to return the favor.

Dreams-Visions said:
I assume you already crafted the halloween hat with strange metal? I ask because that's a hat that actually is priced well above the 4 ref you put in.

I haven't used my Strange Metal. I've crafted both the Cadava and the Head Splitter with refined, once I finally get my Tyrannus I'll probably use my Haunted metal. Shame it'll be a dirty hat.

evlcookie said:
Idle for 8hrs on friday night.
Play for 4+ hrs on saturday.
Idle for 1hr about 2hrs ago.

Why you no drop anything TF2?!

This has to be the longest lack of drop streak i've ever had. It's totally taunting me.

Are you sure you're staying connected to Steam? In textmode it should say "yourname connected" then nothing else should follow, unless you've gotten disconnected. :S

Mafro

Definitely something wrong there with your drops. With that length of playtime you should have had all your drops for the week (not including Mann Co. crates).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom