• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
awwyeahgurrl said:
EuroGaf TF2 steam group

I'll be posting more as changes come to the server.
Cool, signed up. Wish I could play tonight on either, but my connection is ballsed somewhere along the line as of this afternoon.I keep getting really bad pings (really bad Jitter 50-150ms via pingtest as well, it's 0-1ms just after resetting the router), sub 20ping UK servers become 100-200 and players start jumping around the map, hopefully it just goes away like it came, it's making the usual 130-140ping (but perfectly playable) US GAF server show as 140-400ping :(

The_Technomancer said:
I've got a Series 5 as well if you need a 3rd.
Grimm Fandango said:
I got 2 Series #5 crates.
Thanks very but... Sorry fellas, I ran into someone on the TF2 Trading Post with 13 Series #5 Crates for a scrap each.

Also my backback's 1st and 2nd page are up for trade now. My steamID is cuban_legend

1 Crate Key = 2 Ref and 1 Reclaimed.

I now have these crates available for 1 scrap (or 2 random class weapon/item) each:
(Crate contents)

#3 Crates x2
#5 Crates x10
#7 Crates SOLD OUT
#9 Crates x2
#11 Crates x1
#14 Crates x1
#15 Crates x3
#17 Crates x1
#18 Crates x1
#19 Crates x5
#20 Crates x3
#21 Crates x3
#23 Crates x6
#24 Crates x4
#25 Crates x1

Summer Crate items/hats all 33% off their lowest estimated price at the Special GAF-Sale Price of 1 Refined each:
1x Security Shades
1x Prarie Heel Biters
SOLD OUT Copper's Hard Top
SOLD OUT Big Steel Jaw of Summer Fun
SOLD OUT Stately Steel Toe

Edit: Updated summer Items inventory (@ 7-21-2011 2:30pm EST)

Thanks to these GAFers for their kind and swift business:
(x2) [2K] Gouglas
Dreams Visions
Baha
Darkflight
Grimm Fandango
Undu
Dreavus
Artist Dude
Hazao

Cuban Legend said:
Thanks very but... Sorry fellas, I ran into someone on the TF2 Trading Post with 13 Series #5 Crates for a scrap each.

Also my backback's 1st and 2nd page are up for trade now. My steamID is cuban_legend

I now have these crates available for 1 scrap (or 2 random class weapons/items) each:
(Crate contents)

#3 Crates x2
#5 Crates x11
#7 Crates x1
#9 Crates x2
#11 Crates x1
#14 Crates x1
#15 Crates x3
#17 Crates x1
#18 Crates x1
#19 Crates x5
#20 Crates x3
#21 Crates x3
#23 Crates x6
#24 Crates x4
#25 Crates x5

Summer Crate items/hats all at the Special GAF-Sale Price of 1 Refined each:
4x Prarie Heel Biters
3x Security Shades
2x Copper's Hard Top
1x Big Steel Jaw of Summer Fun
1x Stately Steel Toe

I would love those Heavy Jaws. SI: Lead_Based_Paint

Baha

Cuban Legend said:

I now have these crates available for 1 scrap (or 2 random class weapons/items) each:
(Crate contents)

#3 Crates x2
#5 Crates x11
#7 Crates x1
#9 Crates x2
#11 Crates x1
#14 Crates x1
#15 Crates x3
#17 Crates x1
#18 Crates x1
#19 Crates x5
#20 Crates x3
#21 Crates x3
#23 Crates x6
#24 Crates x4
#25 Crates x5

Summer Crate items/hats all 33% off their lowset estimated price at the Special GAF-Sale Price of 1 Refined each:
4x Prarie Heel Biters
3x Security Shades
2x Copper's Hard Top
1x Big Steel Jaw of Summer Fun
1x Stately Steel Toe

I'd be interested in a pair of security shades (steam id = BahaFS)

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Does anyone have a Shahanshah or Bazaar Bargain to trade? I'm trying to craft the Sniper's new hat and need one of those. I have a Soda Popper, Family Business, Persian Persuader, or a Disciplinary Action to trade. Or you can rummage through the rest of my backpack.

Yeef

GuiltybyAssociation said:
Does anyone have a Shahanshah or Bazaar Bargain to trade? I'm trying to craft the Sniper's new hat and need one of those. I have a Soda Popper, Family Business, Persian Persuader, or a Disciplinary Action to trade. Or you can rummage through the rest of my backpack.
I'll take the disciplinary action.

Greyvvolf

evlcookie said:
Idle for 8hrs on friday night.
Play for 4+ hrs on saturday.
Idle for 1hr about 2hrs ago.

Why you no drop anything TF2?!

This has to be the longest lack of drop streak i've ever had. It's totally taunting me.

Has anyone been using the new soldier shotgun? I really want it due to the mini crits, I figured it would be good to use when you rocket bounce someone, switch for a shot or 2 with the shotty and back to the bounce.

Does it work well or is it just shit?
Try idling in offline practice instead of text mode. If you still don't get any drops, then I don't know what to say.

Blizzard

Banned
Yeef said:
I have both! I will trade at the cost of 1 uber item each.
Thanks.

And if you haven't already done the trade, I will trade the new sniper rifle for the persian persuader, since you already have all the items.

TGMIII

Tempted to turn my 3 refined into a hat but I know I'll get something shitty. I really want that Max hat though so I'm thinking I might just be better off stocking up on refined.

Blizzard

Banned
awwyeahgurrl said:
Tempted to turn my 3 refined into a hat but I know I'll get something shitty. I really want that Max hat though so I'm thinking I might just be better off stocking up on refined.
I really wish that Valve would do something like making the Max hat or earbuds free or easily craftable, just to totally mess up the trading economy and how much money people pay for them. It would be kinda funny.

Also, does anyone remember the days when Valve (I think) was all, oh yeah, these Worms/Sam & Max preorder items are a one time only thing, just because we're so close with those companies? :p

Yeef

The_Technomancer said:
What if you don't have 200 backpack slots?
Then you get your choice of x items from the raffle where x is the number of slots you have. Then the rest are re-raffled.

Sciz

Blizzard said:
I really wish that Valve would do something like making the Max hat free or easily craftable
Speaking as one of the people who had the game preordered from Telltale before the TF2 items were even announced: boooooooooo

Sciz said:
Speaking as one of the people who had the game preordered from Telltale before the TF2 items were even announced: boooooooooo
I was on Telltales forums complaining about how I pre-ordered from their site instead of steam so I wouldn't be getting anything haha.

EDIT: Whoops. Double post.

Lead Based Paint said:
I would love those Heavy Jaws. SI: Lead_Based_Paint
added ya, reserving you that Jaw for now. Get on in the next hour for the trade or see me tomorrow.

Also, updated the Inventory I have on my Summer Crate Items GAF Sale.

Also, the most that raffle is worth is a few weapons if you're new, but mainly a couple refined can be gained from smelting it all. <_<

Yeef

SteveWinwood said:
What the hell is with your backpacks you crazy people!? I don't even have one of each weapon and you have like three of each.... idlers >.>
How long have you been playing? i've had all of the weapons long before I started idling. i only started idling when i noticed that the weapon recipes kept inflating with each patch. if you notice, older weapons can be made with 1 specific weapon combined with another specific weapon (or a scrap metal). Compared to the uber weapons which take reclaimed metal (the equivalent of 6 weapons) plus more stuff.

Yeef said:
How long have you been playing? i've had all of the weapons long before I started idling. i only started idling when i noticed that the weapon recipes kept inflating with each patch. if you notice, older weapons can be made with 1 specific weapon combined with another specific weapon (or a scrap metal). Compared to the uber weapons which take reclaimed metal (the equivalent of 6 weapons) plus more stuff.
I played all night when they released it before orange box came out. I stopped playing as much when they started the drops... I guess i'm just behind. I would have so much shit if I had drops during those first few major updates :(

Clydefrog

SteveWinwood said:
What the hell is with your backpacks you crazy people!? I don't even have one of each weapon and you have like three of each.... idlers >.>

*ANGRY*

I
Don't
Idle

>:|

edit: well, i've only done it once. got like 10 stupid items.

Evlar

Banned
Squash said:
Anyone have strange minigun and grenade launcher for trade?

Also what is exactly 1.66 of a refined? What is the .66?
It takes three Reclaimed Metal to craft one Refined Metal. So, 0.66 Refined would be two Reclaimed.

Javaman

Does anyone have a spare 2,6,12, or 22 crate? I've got several 8s,16s,17,or 18s to trade for them. Also I've got 2 extra reserve shooters,
I'm missing the winger,
atomizer
tomislav
enforcer
shahanshah
splendid screen
ali baba's booties
liberty launcher
disciplinary action
detonator.

I'll trade them 1 for 1

Yeef

Javaman said:
Does anyone have a spare 2,6,12, or 22 crate? I've got several 8s,16s,17,or 18s to trade for them. Also I've got 2 extra reserve shooters,
I'm missing the winger,
atomizer
tomislav
enforcer
shahanshah
splendid screen
ali baba's booties
liberty launcher
disciplinary action
detonator.

I'll trade them 1 for 1
I have the bolded, trading, as always, 1:1 for any other uber weapon.

Crate 22 doesn't exist anymore. That was the summer cooler. They all evaporated (*badum ttssh*) on Monday. Any particular reason you're looking for those crates?

[Edit] Already mentioned this to Java, but #6 is the winter crate, so that doesn't exist either. Also, i finally got him to upload his avatar :D

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I've got the tomislav for a reserve shooter if you want it java. I also have crates, 1, 25, 21, 20, 24. Just about everything but the ones you want haha

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
So I saw someone on TF2TP wanting series #7 crates. For some reason the wiki lists those at an unusual rate of ~2% vs. the what I though was standard 1%?

People seeking older crates just want the hats/paint out of them or are the chances for unboxing not uniform across the board?

*I have most reflect arrow kills. Suck it server.

Yeef

I was about to go to sleep then java convinced me to join him in a quick game. We were doing so well that during the last round we just toyed with them by having entire Blu team play gunslinger engineer. This is the result:

C5748D9A0E0533A9AFF4B7E0AEAD9CAF30458B89

Does anyone have a screenshot of the Pyro wearing a black Pyromancer's Mask (with full color paint style)? I know that TF2 wiki shows all the available colors for the item, but I'd like to see how it looks with the Pyro in the picture.

I'm debating on either painting it either mann co. orange or black, and can't decide...

I'm guessing you can't undo a paint job?

MisterAnderson said:
Does anyone have a screenshot of the Pyro wearing a black Pyromancer's Mask (with full color paint style)? I know that TF2 wiki shows all the available colors for the item, but I'd like to see how it looks with the Pyro in the picture.

I'm debating on either painting it either mann co. orange or black, and can't decide...

Sure you can. Just hit the restore item after you do one, and it goes back to the original. Then you can do a new color.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Just spend way too long on tr_walkway with the reserve shooter.

Basically you have a chance at killing the enemy a tiny bit faster over the shotgun at close/medium, and can one shot all classes but heavy at close range if your aim is good.

Right now I'm using it just because it is hilarious to ping scouts with it and the sound is great.

Hazaro said:
Just spend way too long on tr_walkway with the reserve shooter.

Basically you have a chance at killing the enemy a tiny bit faster over the shotgun at close/medium, and can one shot all classes but heavy at close range if your aim is good.

Right now I'm using it just because it is hilarious to ping scouts with it and the sound is great.

I'm a big fan of the reserve shooter, but currently trying to rack up kills on my strange shotgun.

Grinchy

Banned
MisterAnderson said:

Look up itemtest if you don't know what it is. It is a map that you can jump into, and then you bring the console down and type "itemtest" and you put a bot in the room wearing any item with any color. It's an awesome way to check things out before committing any paint.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom