• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

thefil

SteveWinwood said:
Holy shit, what a night.

Heres to you Artemis!
wnfj5.jpg

You're the best.

EDIT: Pssstt Thefil trade me one of those candy canes!

Yeah send me a message tomorrow, going to bed now :)

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
So i've been idling for 12 hours, 1700 deaths later and I have nothing new to show for it.

I actually don't know if that's true though. The game has stated, for the past few days, that i've had 100 items and i've been using that as a guide. At the moment it's still at 100 items although I don't remember having the safe'n'sound or a 3rd black box. This could just be me paying no attention.

I wish there was a way to view when you found the items so I could at least confirm my game fucking hates me.

evlcookie said:
So i've been idling for 12 hours, 1700 deaths later and I have nothing new to show for it.

I actually don't know if that's true though. The game has stated, for the past few days, that i've had 100 items and i've been using that as a guide. At the moment it's still at 100 items although I don't remember having the safe'n'sound or a 3rd black box. This could just be me paying no attention.

I wish there was a way to view when you found the items so I could at least confirm my game fucking hates me.

An easy trick I do to see what drops I got for the week is to leave the first two rows of your backpack completely empty. Once the new week (drops) rolls around, I move my old items to their appropriate spot and await the new drops.

TGMIII

evlcookie said:

You may have hit your drop cap, I think it refreshes every Wednesday.

Forkball

What did Artemis do? Not defend his medic who was helping him cap the final area in Hightower, resulting in the deaths of everyone on the cart and eventually a loss? Because I already know about that.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
awwyeahgurrl said:
You may have hit your drop cap, I think it refreshes every Wednesday.

I don't believe I've gotten a single drop since the reset which is why it's so odd.

Will try that bag trick Grimm, Thanks.

Javaman

Forkball said:
What did Artemis do? Not defend his medic who was helping him cap the final area in Hightower, resulting in the deaths of everyone on the cart and eventually a loss? Because I already know about that.

He showed up as "Eric the Red" and giftbombed group gifts 20 or so times and gave out countless individual gifts. So very strange.

Pookaki said:
Second Crate and I got an Unusual. Rofl.

If only.

q5ATt.jpg
a GAFer said the first crate he opened had an unusual inside.

That flash app is a great example of how generally foolish it is. It's basically gambling in its purest form.

TGMIII

So with the app, at 3K I had 14 unusual hats at an average of $240. I'll admit I bought 2 keys to try it out but I think it's crazy when I read about people spending hundreds/thousands to get a hat that glows.

I still want a Max hat though

Zel3

How much does a strange sticky launcher go for?

I never play demo and I would maybe be interested in trading it. Hmm.

BY2K

Membero Americo
jaundicejuice said:
2 x Strange Sandman
1 x Strange Boston Basher
2 x Strange Grenade launcher
1 x Strange Paintrain

http://www.tf2items.com/id/dangry

I'm looking for The Atomiser and Bonk Boy. I'll also trade any dupes provided they aren't strange and/or vintage. And I'm lazy so my backpack is sorted by type.

I'll trade you a Strange Grenade Launcher for my Atomiser.

My Steam ID is Bogue2kw, add me.

Anony

Zel3 said:

i have a strange direct hit if you're interested in trading it

Yeef

Bulzeeb said:
hey guys I just installed this game and wanted to hear some tips for newbies
  • Play through the tutorials.
  • If you already have 2 or more of the support classes on your team (sniper, spy, engineer), don't play that class. You'll help your team more by adding variety to the roster.
  • Don't be surprised if you die a lot. Even good players die constantly.
  • Play on the GAF server. You'll get completely destroyed, but we'll give you tips as we destroy you! :D
  • If there's something that you don't understand check the Team Fortress Wiki. it has all of the answers.

Scipius

Zel3 said:

I have the same situation with my Strange Knife. If you like playing Spy, we could trade, if you still have it.

AcciDante

Javaman said:
He showed up as "Eric the Red" and giftbombed group gifts 20 or so times and gave out countless individual gifts. So very strange.
Oh man, I missed it! Damn school!

The above pixel art is really awesome.

DarkKyo

I absolutely dig those sprites, especially the 1800's team!

And... oh.. my.. science... I decided to get a 4th premium account so I put 5 bucks on it and bought two keys. Idled last night and opened crates I got with the keys I bought. First one was a strange boston basher..... second one:
kiB3V.jpg

(excuse the poor image quality... for some reason the laptop I was managing the tf2 account on can't take screenshots so I had to use my cell phone)

WOW!! So awesome. Don't think I got it easy though, I have bought countless keys in the past and always got crap. This is my first crate unusual. I can't believe I finally got one after all those keys.

Dakota47

Since I only have one mere account I was wondering how multiples work. Is it as simple as making a new Steam account? Your second, third, etc account recognizes the install of the first account?

Chavelo

Dakota47 said:
Since I only have one mere account I was wondering how multiples work. Is it as simple as making a new Steam account? Your second, third, etc account recognizes the install of the first account?

Each account will need it's own "install". By that, I mean you would have to copy the steam directory multiple times across your PC and set each one up with an account...

Had a question about that, actually... TF2-idlers, what GCFs files do you need to run just TF2 on an idle account? Right now each one has over 17GB in files... Pretty sure I left something in there that I don't need. D:

thefil

Chavelo said:
Get ready for the new wave of avatars, TF2-GAF. I present to you...

Can I take the 1800s scout for an avatar?

Also, SteveWinwood, send me a Steam message if you want that candy cane.

Also, that is an awesome unusual.

Dakota47

Chavelo said:
Each account will need it's own "install". By that, I mean you would have to copy the steam directory multiple times across your PC and set each one up with an account...

Thanks.

That uncrating app is done pretty well btw. Found a mirror here. Got my first unusual in crate #370. :|

Chavelo

thefil said:
Can I take the 1800s scout for an avatar?

Also, SteveWinwood, send me a Steam message if you want that candy cane.

Also, that is an awesome unusual.

Go ahead, and for anyone else, just state which pixel art you're taking so people don't get mixed up... :D

(Like me, I got DAT ASS Heavy. :3)

BTW, just reposting the art for the awesomeness, didn't create it.

thefil

Dakota47 said:
Thanks.

That uncrating app is done pretty well btw. Found a mirror here. Got my first unusual in crate #370. :|

Apparently I'm lucky. Got a ghost stainless pot on crate #2.
Heart Texas 10 gallon at 37.
Heart big chief at 222.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I want to sic my brother on that crate app. He opened two unusuals in ten crates in game, and honestly? That doesn't surprise me. If I was superstitious, I'd say that kid has luck. He also gets hat drops like crazy.

DarkKyo

Ikuu said:
You going to sell it?

2 Unusuals within $35 on the app, if only.
I heard there's one being auctioned right now for $190.

I could sell it but I think I'd rather just trade it for an unusual(s) with similar/better effect that I really like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom