• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's weird, I crafted a Rogue's Col Roule a couple days ago.

Edit: Unless that means they're now usable within crafting and they weren't before and I got confused on the wording.

Bradlums

MarkMclovin said:
I've got 4 accounts going, 1 of which I created today and after 2 hours of text idling running 2 at the same time, I've got 2 drops on 1 and 1 drop on another. I also had 9 drops yesterday.

I use :
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steam.exe" -applaunch 440 -textmode -nosound -window -nopreload -novid -dxlevel 81 +map "itemtest"

Do you get any unusuals/strange's or hats via the random drops too?
What's the point of making multiple accounts? Is it to get more drops per week?

yeoz

mojiimbo said:
Who knows if it's true, but I read on the Steam forums that you can only use the same credit card for a limited amount of accounts.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=23454138&postcount=45

I ended up using my Paypal account instead and was able to get the payment to go through that way.
This is true. However a lot of credit cards (Citibank credit cards, former-MBNA Bank of America) holders have the ability to create "virtual credit card" numbers via their bank's online website. I just roll up a new credit card number with a $6 dollar limit every time I want to add funds to a new account.

Maffis

Anyone have a Strange Rocket Launcher for sale? Offering a Private Eye for it (estimated 2-3 refined before this update, probably worth 3 now when more classes can equip it).

I thought the Demo and Medic could already equip the Private Eye?

April 7, 2011 Patch
Added the Private Eye to the game.
July 8, 2011 [Item server update]
The item can now be equipped by the Demoman.[1]
July 12, 2011 [Item server update]
The item can now be equipped by the Medic.

And I'm glad they've add the custom crafting option. It'll make crafting quicker again.

yeoz

Yeef said:
Rockets? What are they hinting at now?

Hopefully meet the Pyro, but probably some update that will include the soldier dumpster pack.
Yep. Meet the Pyro I bet. (Pyro is a space alien. Everything makes sense now. The mask, the garbled voice...)

Maffis

Sourtreats said:
I thought the Demo and Medic could already equip the Private Eye?

And I'm glad they've add the custom crafting option. It'll make crafting quicker again.

You're right. Weird it says that in todays update though.

Sciz

"- Added a music clip from Meet the Medic to the menu startup music list."

Presumably this. sogood.gif

edit: yep, that's the one.

Yeef said:

Hopefully meet the Pyro, but probably some update that will include the soldier dumpster pack.
I can't decide if the Pyro actually being some sort of alien would be lame or a nice change of pace from the constant gender ambiguity.

Dug

Banned
Yeef said:
Hopefully meet the Pyro,
YOlT1.gif

:(

Bradlums

yeoz said:
This is true. However a lot of credit cards (Citibank credit cards, former-MBNA Bank of America) holders have the ability to create "virtual credit card" numbers via their bank's online website. I just roll up a new credit card number with a $6 dollar limit every time I want to add funds to a new account.
Hey yeoz, I was looking to trade you scrap for an atomizer, but when I typed in http://steamcommunity.com/id/ye0z into the trade thing it says you aren't available to trade. Do you have to be online at the time or am I doing something wrong?

yeoz

Bradlums said:
Hey yeoz, I was looking to trade you scrap for an atomizer, but when I typed in http://steamcommunity.com/id/ye0z into the trade thing it says you aren't available to trade. Do you have to be online at the time or am I doing something wrong?
Yeah. I have to be online. I'm updating tf2 on my trading-macbook and will be up in a few minutes.

edit: Up.

Bradlums

yeoz said:
Yeah. I have to be online. I'm updating tf2 on my trading-macbook and will be up in a few minutes.
Cool I'll try in a bit. I'm gonna try to jump on the GAF server sometime soon, just want to get a little better first
or a lot better :/

Yeef

Dug said:
http://i.imgur.com/YOlT1.gif[IMG]
[spoiler]:([/spoiler][/QUOTE]Normally, I'd share this sentiment, but a long time ago in an interview Robin (or someone else on the TF2 team) said that they'd long since finished Meet the Pyro but weren't planning to release it until AFTER Meet the Medic. It upset me greatly at the time.

Also, they still haven't fixed Team Spirit or Hatless. I also notice that items with Team Spirit paint now have a [URL="http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/559788500247979405/B4B3BE823C21E01004780533F1D3698298F9118D/"]red splotch[/URL] on the backpack screen when it used to be a split red/blue splotch. Maybe Team Spirit not working is intentional.

Mafro

Yeef said:

Looking forward to the Meet the Pyro update, whenever it is. They'll no doubt somehow end up nerfing it even more. Still pissed off they ruined the detonator.

desh

Tkawsome said:
Blue. Guess I made the right move not to go through with the trade, they were only offering weapons so I backed out. I should probably ask for keys, hats, or refined metals then?

So, you have a Vintage Vintage Tyrolean? What do you want out of it? If you want keys, you can get maybe 3 keys out of it. If you want hats, you can probably do a 3:1 trade with it, depending on what they're offering. There are a couple fairly worthless hats out there to look out for, though: Ghastlier Gibus, Ellis' Cap, Dealer's Visor, Superfan, Athletic Supporter, and the Killing Floor Set.

Is there 1 hat you really want?

Yeef

Okay, first off: yeoz is the coolest ever for humoring me and supplying me with metal and items.

I've tried now, 5 or 6 times, to craft the fancy dress uniform using the fabricate set headgear recipe and every single time it was the armored authority. i don't know if it's bugged or I'm just ridiculously unlucky, but either way it's pretty terrible.

All I wanted to do was stand on land! ;(

Yeef said:
Okay, first off: yeoz is the coolest ever for humoring me and supplying me with metal and items.

I've tried now, 5 or 6 times, to craft the fancy dress uniform using the fabricate set headgear recipe and every single time it was the armored authority. i don't know if it's bugged or I'm just ridiculously unlucky, but either way it's pretty terrible.

You are so unlucky, I crafted it on my first try today.

yeoz

Yeef said:

At 5 times, assuming 50% chance, you had a 96.875% chance of getting the dress uniform. And a 3.125% chance of missing.
You are either very unlucky (insert nelson haha! youtube clip here), or, the base odds are lower than 50%. I'm guessing it's the latter. :(

fake edit: wartime is incredibly lucky skillful, as always.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
yeoz said:
At 5 times, assuming 50% chance, you had a 96.875% chance of getting the dress uniform. And a 3.125% chance of missing.
You are either very unlucky (insert nelson haha! youtube clip here), or, the base odds are lower than 50%. I'm guessing it's the latter. :(

fake edit: wartime is incredibly lucky skillful, as always.
Always about the luck with demomen...

I wanna know where wartime was when the Java Server was up last year.

Baha

Yeef said:
Normally, I'd share this sentiment, but a long time ago in an interview Robin (or someone else on the TF2 team) said that they'd long since finished Meet the Pyro but weren't planning to release it until AFTER Meet the Medic. It upset me greatly at the time.

Also, they still haven't fixed Team Spirit or Hatless. I also notice that items with Team Spirit paint now have a red splotch on the backpack screen when it used to be a split red/blue splotch. Maybe Team Spirit not working is intentional.

Always had the red splotch for me when TS paint was broken. I remember this because I traded a TS painted camera beard and it only showed the red splotch in the trading window.

Acerac said:
Well I'm currently on 4 accounts on the same card. Assuming I used paypal to make 2 of them process that'd add up.

Thanks for the info. This shouldn't be too tough to solve now that I know the problem. :)
And with this news, I'm off to expand my idle farm by a factor of _.

Forkball

Uh, what the fuck. This was included in the update:

cc4618b31ea12511aa98e61f30f3727b.png

It appears in the skybox in some of the maps.

7ZgDq.jpg

x0edx.jpg

VAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALVE

Thoraxes

My prediction on the rockets: It's for a "Meet the Pyro", they Pyro is an alien, the pyro will stay genderless because that alien species doesn't have sexes, and the crashed ships are actually the pyro's crashed ship(s) when it hit the planet.

DarkKyo

Thoraxes said:
My prediction on the rockets: It's for a "Meet the Pyro", they Pyro is an alien, the pyro will stay genderless because that alien species doesn't have sexes, and the crashed ships are actually the pyro's crashed ship(s) when it hit the planet.
In fact the "mask" the pyro wears is actually just what his species' faces look like.

desh said:
So, you have a Vintage Vintage Tyrolean? What do you want out of it? If you want keys, you can get maybe 3 keys out of it. If you want hats, you can probably do a 3:1 trade with it, depending on what they're offering. There are a couple fairly worthless hats out there to look out for, though: Ghastlier Gibus, Ellis' Cap, Dealer's Visor, Superfan, Athletic Supporter, and the Killing Floor Set.

Is there 1 hat you really want?

Yeah, I have that one. I was confused because I didn't know it was called Vintage Vintage, this crazy game. I'm not sure what I'm looking to trade for, I was just curious because someone was asking for it and I didn't want to pull another stupid move like I did for the earbuds.

XeroSauce

parasight said:
Yay crafted two crap hats for Blighted Beak. Not stellar, but I do like it and will probably keep.

Get the Grimme Hatte and you're sold. Those two are on my wishlist.

Where are our loadouts and double misc, Valve?! WHERE ARE THEY

I want in the server!!! LET ME IN!!!!!!

Also is Icy still around? I remember his server.

EDIT: I KEEP GETTING PASSED OVER IN LINE OFDSOFDSONVNDFNOI

Grinchy

Banned
Can you no longer change your fps_max while in a game? Every time I have tried lately, I've gotten the "Can't set fps_max when connected" message. I have to disconnect to mess with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom