• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

TGMIII

No real reason apart from the extra money, I earn enough for my age but I'm not a super baller. Plus I personally don't like huge servers, 18 man is fine for me but I went with 22 since there seemed to be enough interest here on gaf.

And yes there's an EU GAF server derFeef, all the info is here

Mr_eX

I think I'm going to try to hop on the gaf server after I get home from work. What plugins do you guys have installed?

I run the geekbox server so it will be nice not having to worry about kicking people, looking for cheaters and switching to popular maps when the server starts to empty. I'll just get to enjoy the game.

Pyro is the link between Team Fortress 2 and Half Life Episode 3. Pyro obviously is a exiled combine with a fetish for PVC and fire.

So Meet the Pyro = Half Life Episode 3.

Complete Rubbish^

Sourtreats said:
Pyro is the link between Team Fortress 2 and Half Life Episode 3. Pyro obviously is a exiled combine with a fetish for PVC and fire.

So Meet the Pyro = Half Life Episode 3.

Complete Rubbish^

At the end of the video. The pyro takes off the mask to reveal Gordon Freeman.

TGMIII

I won't be around tonight to admin the EU server, not that it'll need admined I hope, but if there's any huge problem send a message on the EU steam group and I'll have a look. I'm always near some sort of PC. Also, suggestions for the server as in map list, time limits etc etc feel free to send to me.

Slair

eravulgaris said:
Is anyone here playing TF2 on a high end 15" Macbook Pro? How is your experience with it (can be bootcamp of course).

I played on a early 2007 macbook pro 17 inch. Worked fine, cant remember the fps or settings though but it was pretty smooth. Also i played it on bootcamp windows xp, because it was before the mac update.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
eravulgaris said:
Is anyone here playing TF2 on a high end 15" Macbook Pro? How is your experience with it (can be bootcamp of course).
Pretty damn good (on a 13" MBP). Mac OSX is choppy as hell, but the bootcamp version is pretty buttery at medium settings.

thefil

eravulgaris said:

My girlfriend plays in Boot Camp and it runs beautifully. Just remember to not be to be in Power Saver mode in Windows.

parasight

So I did the achievements (enough to get a Bounty hat at least) but I kept wondering why I never got the hat. I was reading on Wiki that you had to click something on the website to redeem it. That's just great, now I'll never get my hat because that page doesn't exist anymore.

Yeef

I was just playing Viaduct on a Valve server and my team was awful. 4 snipers, 2 spies, 2 heavies and 0 medics. The best part was that the heavies would basically just hold down fire until they ran out of ammo. Then when their ammo or health got low they'd walk ALL THE WAY BACK TO SPAWN and hit the resupply locker to refill instead of just picking up medpacks and ammo boxes.

Luckily, we still won all but 1 of the 5 rounds I played because I am just that awesome.

parasight said:
So I did the achievements (enough to get a Bounty hat at least) but I kept wondering why I never got the hat. I was reading on Wiki that you had to click something on the website to redeem it. That's just great, now I'll never get my hat because that page doesn't exist anymore.
It was a limited time offer during the treasure hunt sale just as the summer shades were a limited time offer for the summer sale. Why would you try to get a bounty hunt now?

MarkMclovin said:
Are Strange weapons sought after at all? I have a spare Chargin' Targe. Would swap for another Strange weapon, I suppose.

Chargin' Targe is one of the less wanted ones. The top one is the scatter gun, but you could probably get 2 reclaimed for your Targe.

Sianos

The only Strange Weapon I have is a Strange Pain Train, which was given to me for free (hooray for duplicate weapons!). :p

I'm enoying the game, playing mostly Milkman Scout and Pyro, getting pretty good. Haven't played on the Gaf server, probably should some time.

Acerac

Banned
Do all the new crates give strange versions of whatever weapons drop? Just trying to figure out the smartest way to use some keys, and it seems silly to go with anything but the new ones if that is the case.

Acerac said:
Do all the new crates give strange versions of whatever weapons drop? Just trying to figure out the smartest way to use some keys, and it seems silly to go with anything but the new ones if that is the case.

All weapons in these crates are strange:
#19 - Demo
#20 - Solider
#21 - Heavy
#23 - Scout
#22 - Spy
#23 - Pyro

barnone

I'll trade a strange boston basher (lol) and a strange revolver for a strange rocket launcher. Or for a strange pistol or scattergun. I want the launcher the most though.

Acerac

Banned
Sourtreats said:
All weapons in these crates are strange:
#19 - Demo
#20 - Solider
#21 - Heavy
#23 - Scout
#22 - Spy
#23 - Pyro
Thanks for the heads up, looks like I'll get 20 or 21.

They both seem to have a gimp drop or two, but both have good odds for usable weapons.

Though I suppose a strange GRU would be rather pointless, wouldn't it be? Soldier crate it is!
Bakphoon said:
Meh, i bought my first 2 keys today :(

which crates should i open?

I have Crate 19, 21 and tree times 25.

Here's the list I used to choose.

Acerac said:
Thanks for the heads up, looks like I'll get 20 or 21.

They both seem to have a gimp drop or two, but both have good odds for usable weapons.

Though I suppose a strange GRU would be rather pointless, wouldn't it be? Soldier crate it is!
I fear that I will find another strange pain train..such crap.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
When they find a way for me to have a strange Sentry Gun I will be all over that. Just a Strange Wrench that tracked melee kills wouldn't be nearly as cool.

Bakphoon

I opened crate 19 and 25.

I got a strange stickybomb launcher and a strange Flamethrower.

Don't need the stickybomb launcher, what is it worth?

derFeef

Bakphoon said:
I opened crate 19 and 25.

I got a strange stickybomb launcher and a strange Flamethrower.

Don't need the stickybomb launcher, what is it worth?
A strange flamethrower? :)
I guess strange weapons are reeeeally common now, so just trade them for other strange weapons.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
The_Technomancer said:
When they find a way for me to have a strange Sentry Gun I will be all over that. Just a Strange Wrench that tracked melee kills wouldn't be nearly as cool.
Strange gunslinger would make dr. claw happy.

Bakphoon said:
Meh, i bought my first 2 keys today :(

which crates should i open?

I have Crate 19, 21 and tree times 25.
none. save them until they are trade-able then get metal or the hats you want for them.

edit: too fucking late. you spent the equivalent of 4.66 refined metal (4 refined, 2 reclaimed) on items worth 1-2 reclaimed these days.

Just remember for future reference. you could have bought both of those weapons and still have 4 refined left over to buy 2 or 3 really nice hats and any missing weapons you wanted.

:-(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom