• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Demo mullet? Not sure what to use it on honestly.

Also I have another crate for trade.
yAecw.png

Twig

Banned
corn_fest said:
Got my first crate and was like, "If this is an equalizer, I'm gonna be pissed".
Unusual Engineer's Cap.
:D :D :D :D
(particle effect: floating peace sign)
tf2items.com/id/corn_fest
Aw man, engineer's cap is like my favorite hat in the game. ;_;

So jealous. ;_;
cooljeanius said:
Darn it you guys, I had stuff I wanted to do today... instead I just stayed inside and played TF2 all day. I'm kinda ashamed of myself. Anyway, I got another crate to trade, so if anyone wants it, let me know.
I have some vintage crap if you want that. U:

www.tf2items.com/id/twig/

DogWelder

Anyone want the Pyro's Beanie? I already have a pyro hat... I'd take certain scout, engie, soldier or heavy hats for it. Or the Hustler's Hallmark.

Boonoo

Twig said:
Huh, the crates have a series number.

What's that supposed to mean. U:

Different items in them. They list the available items in the description, so it would make sense if different crates had different stuff.

Boonoo

Drkirby said:
I wonder if the crates are truly random or if you can find out what they have in them ahead of time.

They tell you.

Series 1
Vita-Saw
Gunslinger
Equalizer
Scottish Resistance
Old Guadalajara
Napper's Respite
Name Tag
An Extraordinary Abundance of Tinge
A Distinctive Lack of Hue
Or an Exceedingly Rare Special Item!

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
No, I mean, can someone make a "Crate Checker" site to see the exact item inside of it before unlocking it. I doubt it though, most likely the item gets randomly generated from the list of possibilities the moment you open it.

Twig

Banned
Yeah, they tell you.

I just assumed the selection was completely random!

EDIT: Oh, no, I assume it's random at the time of opening. I doubt it's pre-selected.

Brak

So is there a separate trading thread or are we just doing that in here?

I'll post this here and edit it if there's a better thread.

Looking for:
- Shortstop *or craftable Force-A-Nature
- Mad Milk *or craftable Jarate
- Holy Mackerel *or craftable Sandman
- Sydney Sleeper *or craftable Huntsman
- Your Eternal Reward *or craftable Cloak and Dagger
- Gloves of Running Urgently

What I have:
- Supply Crate Series 1 (x2)
- Vintage Tribalman's Shiv
- Vintage Axtinguisher
- Vintage Killing Gloves of Boxing
- Vin. Flare Gun
- Vin. Bonk
- Vin. Dalokahs
- Vin. Scottish Resistance
- Vin. Gunslinger
- Vin. Blutsauger
- Vin. Gunboats (x2)
- Vin. Targe
- Darwin's Danger Shield

Steam ID: Ghostrock

Javaman

I've got the new maplist updated on the server...

pl_badwater
plr_pipeline
koth_sawmill
cp_junction_final
pl_goldrush
cp_granary
ctf_sawmill
cp_egypt_final
cp_dustbowl
cp_badlands
ctf_doublecross
koth_nucleus
plr_hightower
cp_coldfront
cp_fastlane
pl_hoodoo_final
ctf_well
koth_viaduct
pl_thundermountain
cp_gravelpit
cp_yukon_final
ctf_turbine
pl_upward
koth_harvest_final
cp_well
cp_steel
tc_hydro
cp_freight_final1
cp_gorge

I nixed 2fort and switched dustbowl and badwater.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
This is an interesting game. While I currently suck, I don't feel like I'm often losing when another player and I are focused on each other, those are ending in normal ratios. However, you handle busier situations in a completely different way in this game. It seems the best people mostly have a good knowledge of how to position themselves and navigate through the chaos. In other games you can mostly just rely on your ability to dodge and temp cover, but this will take some practice to learn how to read.

Engies are interesting. It's so easy to be too late at starting something in an area, but then just as easy to end up being completely useless because your building area was never contested and you couldn't relocate quickly enough to do anything. Supporting a more experienced engie is fun, and if there are 3 of you it's always for hilarious reasons resulting in hilarious chatter.

EDIT: traded. Thanks again Kulock.

Javaman said:
I've got the new maplist updated on the server...

*snip*

I nixed 2fort
Junction, Hoodoo, Yukon and Turbine next!

They're ever so awful.

Blizzard said:
Does anyone have any tips on heavy? I know I was constantly complaining about Micvlad and hoping he would start failing, but seriously. We had a couple of times where there would be a situation like me out of spawn, alone, knowing he was there around a corner. He had no corner, only a little med bottle (not sure if he had enough time for a sandwich), and I -thought- I made sure to spin my gun up early. Despite that, he killed both me and another heavy fresh out of spawn behind me, shortly after, and may have had 25-50% health left.

I try to jump around corners for mobility, and I use the dot crosshair to have a better idea where to aim, and I try to make sure I aim well enough to get lots of bullets into the enemy when possible...but it still seems like he just had so much more damage output even without crits. He had 119ish lag while I guess we had 40-60, if that makes a difference. Are there any special tips besides just aiming pointblank and firing first?
Don't know what to say, actually. Already mentioned something yesterday, but it probably wasn't useful advice.

And I think the other guy was carrying Natasha and unless he gets the pounce on a Sasha Heavy at point blank, Sasha will almost always win.

rac

Banned
Have:
Stainless Pot
V. Respectless Rubber Glove

V. Scottish Resistance
V. Southern Hospitality
V. Gunslinger
V. Killing Gloves of Boxing
V. Equalizer
V. Dead Ringer
V. Dalokohs Bar
V. Jarate
(2) Equalizer

Want:
Drill Hat, Crates.

notsol337

marked forever
Brak said:
So is there a separate trading thread or are we just doing that in here?

I'll post this here and edit it if there's a better thread.

Looking for:
- Shortstop *or craftable Force-A-Nature
- Mad Milk *or craftable Jarate
- Holy Mackerel *or craftable Sandman
- Sydney Sleeper *or craftable Huntsman
- Your Eternal Reward *or craftable Cloak and Dagger
- Gloves of Running Urgently

What I have:
- Supply Crate Series 1 (x2)
- Vintage Tribalman's Shiv
- Vintage Axtinguisher
- Vintage Killing Gloves of Boxing
- Vin. Flare Gun
- Vin. Bonk
- Vin. Dalokahs
- Vin. Scottish Resistance
- Vin. Gunslinger
- Vin. Blutsauger
- Vin. Gunboats (x2)
- Vin. Targe
- Darwin's Danger Shield

Steam ID: Ghostrock

I'd trade you my Gloves of Running Urgently for a crate!

Steam ID is notsol337

ALSO HIGHLANDER TO-DAY YESSSSSSSSSSSS

Blizzard

Banned
Speaking of Highlander, did they ever do their exhibition match, and if so, is there a demo/video anywhere? I'd like to see how Robin Walker and some of the other Valve people play.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Blizzard said:
Speaking of Highlander, did they ever do their exhibition match, and if so, is there a demo/video anywhere? I'd like to see how Robin Walker and some of the other Valve people play.
Ooo, hopefully a demo, I'd love to watch too.

Boonoo

Stallion Free said:
Ooo, hopefully a demo, I'd love to watch too.

It got DDoSed. They haven't rescheduled yet.

There is also supposed to be a 6v6 Valve vs the winners of CEVO A which should finish up in about 5 weeks. And as a slight plug, my team is in the running for that. So with a bit of luck we could fight valve, which would be fun`

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Boonoo said:
There is also supposed to be a 6v6 Valve vs the winners of CEVO A which should finish up in about 5 weeks. And as a slight plug, my team is in the running for that. So with a bit of luck we could fight valve, which would be fun`
Even better. Btw, would you mind linking me a demo of one of the games you felt most proud of? I'd in the mood to watch some actual clan stuff.

Boonoo

Stallion Free said:
Even better. Btw, would you mind linking me a demo of one of the games you felt most proud of? I'd in the mood to watch some actual clan stuff.

I really don't have any demos of my stuff; it's all fairly low level and from my perspective. Give me a minute and I'll find a nice shoutcasted pro match, though. Those are usually a lot of fun, and the announcers generally know their stuff, so they walk you along nicely.

Edit: Here's part 1 of 6 of a Yukon match. It's not bad. The uniforms the use are ugly. You could probably just watch parts 1 and 6 and be happy.

rac said:
Have:
Stainless Pot
V. Respectless Rubber Glove

V. Scottish Resistance
V. Southern Hospitality
V. Gunslinger
V. Killing Gloves of Boxing
V. Equalizer
V. Dead Ringer
V. Dalokohs Bar
V. Jarate
(2) Equalizer

Want:
Drill Hat, Crates.
Respectless Rubber Glove, Jarate and Equalizer for a series #1 crate?

rac

Banned
MicVlaD said:
Respectless Rubber Glove, Jarate and Equalizer for a series #1 crate?
Sorry, I am now trying to trade the rubber glove for a tyrants helm since I just traded my old tyrants helm for a drill hat.

(._.)

Banned
corn_fest said:
I see the GAF server as a casual, alltalk server, and that's why I (and I assume many others) play on it. I have no desire to play against a highly competitive clan chatting in mumble that rages when they can't stack their team.
I play on the GAF server for the first reason you listed after I have played on a server that is categorized by the second reason you listed :3

Blizzard

Banned

Twig

Banned
i'm so terrible u;

Also I should have a domination there, too, 'cause I dominated their sniper and he never once killed me. I don't know why it doesn't show up. ):

Blizzard

Banned
Twig said:
i'm so terrible u;
I thought you did well. At one point I think one of my demos had a bunch of enemies chasing you while you were cloaked and stuff. Distraction still helps even if you didn't kill them!

Twig

Banned
Blizzard said:
I thought you did well. At one point I think one of my demos had a bunch of enemies chasing you while you were cloaked and stuff. Distraction still helps even if you didn't kill them!
Yeah they wasted way more time than they should have just chasing me around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom