• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

MNC

Holy shit just found the Vita saw and it was the thing I wanted to have next it looks so awesome plus it's fairly good of a trade off :O I build up my uber with kritzkrieg anyway

edit: okay tradeoff is pretty shit but it looks so awesome :eek:

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
The blackbox is awesome and i don't know why. It's pretty much just the original rocket launcher, 3 rockets in a clip but 15 health on hit. There's something about it that just makes the solder more enjoyable to play.

I found myself just rolling around kicking ass with it. Maybe it's the fact i only have 3 shots so i need to make them count before a reload, but my aim was so much better than what it usually is.

I still don't get the point of the new sniper rifle. I would rather shoot people in the head than essentially throw piss on them. I'm guessing actual teamwork is key to using the rifle to it's maximum potential.

Spies with the full set and new dagger and bloody annoying, can't hear them at all :lol

Moobabe

I have the Napper's Respite and I REALLY want the Troublemaker's Tosslecap if anyone is up for a trade. PM me if you do :D

Yeef

AcciDante said:
3 out of the 4 crates I've opened have been Napper's Respites :lol
I'd be willing to take one off your hands, free of charge! *cough*

Javaman said:
I've got the new maplist updated on the server...

I nixed 2fort and switched dustbowl and badwater.
How can you NOT have Harvest Event in this, the month of Halloween?

Brak

notsol337 said:
I'd trade you my Gloves of Running Urgently for a crate!

Steam ID is notsol337

ALSO HIGHLANDER TO-DAY YESSSSSSSSSSSS
Sounds good.
I'll probably be online tonight. I've been meaning to try the GAF server for a while, maybe I'll jump in there.

Congrats on the Highlander tournament.

SyNapSe

I've had one crate and it gave me the nappers respite, also.

edit: I've seen u guys talk about this tournament but how does the Highlanders work? You lose and your out? One person has to be each class?

notsol337

marked forever
Brak said:
Sounds good.
I'll probably be online tonight. I've been meaning to try the GAF server for a while, maybe I'll jump in there.

Congrats on the Highlander tournament.

I added you, and according to the steam list you're currently gr5201314!

Is that correct?

Yeef

SyNapSe said:
I've had one crate and it gave me the nappers respite, also.

edit: I've seen u guys talk about this tournament but how does the Highlanders work? You lose and your out? One person has to be each class?
Highlander is a normal server setting for TF2 (though most servers don't use it). It's the latter; only one of each class on a team. It makes being good at your role that much more important.

My only beef with highland is that it reduces the max player count to 18; otherwise I'd love to do it on the GAF server every now and then.

Javaman

Yeef said:

Hmm. I didn't know it was missing. I'll add it later.

Twig

Banned
Yeef said:

Some people prefer vanilla harvest. Which is fine by me, because even though I miss the crazy ghost antics, I love the map layout quite a bit regardless of the ghost's presence. (Also pumpkin bombs.)

Anyone got a spare Whiskered Gentleman or the hat-less scout "hat"?

I have a couple of crates, that's about it really.

Oh and I hope the Whiskered Gentleman is dyeable.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
notsol337 said:
Hazaro
relies on auto-aim

Explains a lot!
Don't even need to aim with stickies!

And how did Boonoo get so many points? We didn't even need a tele in any of our games :lol

Blizzard

Banned
Hazaro said:
Don't even need to aim with stickies!

And how did Boonoo get so many points? We didn't even need a tele in any of our games :lol
I think I complained about not having one at one point, but then we rolled along and didn't need one. And I was TERRIFIED on badwater that they were going to be good and we were going to need a level 3 sentry, but it turned out they didn't get the second point, guarded only by a gunslinger sentry. :lol

Yasae

Banned
evlcookie said:
Crate!

No i'm not going to spend $2.50 on your shitty key valve to open it. Will hold onto it for when they stop being stupid and allow me to craft / find a key.
That key costs them MASSIVE AMOUNTS OF INFRASTRUCTURE MONEY. STOP BANKRUPTING VALVE.

Sciz

Twig said:
Some people prefer vanilla harvest. Which is fine by me, because even though I miss the crazy ghost antics, I love the map layout quite a bit regardless of the ghost's presence. (Also pumpkin bombs.)
Harvest Event has a better, non-brown color scheme though.

Blizzard

Banned
Sciz said:
Harvest Event has a better, non-brown color scheme though.
Harvest event somehow makes my CPU run 30-40 fps even with multicore rendering, and it's almost impossible for me to see enemies in some dark spots, but I still like it and its pumpkin bombs. Oh, and the ghost is glitched these days so it's like shiny reflective blue.

Boonoo

Danne-Danger said:
I just found something called Dr's Dapper Topper, I was told by the server that this is a good thing.

I'll trade you for it :U
(that is if you don't play soldier much)

(._.)

Banned
I have the Dapper also, very nice hat. Can't help but lol though at starting to play a class because you found a hat drop :]

(._.) said:
I have the Dapper also, very nice hat. Can't help but lol though at starting to play a class because you found a hat drop :]
Well I've been thinking about it, and now that I have the Black Box and a pair of Gunboats I might start to enjoy playing the soldier. The Dapper just sealed the deal. :lol

Boonoo

Danne-Danger said:
Well I've been thinking about it, and now that I have the Black Box and a pair of Gunboats I might start to enjoy playing the soldier. The Dapper just sealed the deal. :lol

Haha, I know the feeling. I think the first time I tried scout was when I got my very first hat drop (Bonk Helmet). (I only played him for 2 seconds, though, since it was during a cp_junction match, and I didn't pick him up again until my team made me (because I couldn't do proper soldier jumps.) All in all I'd say hats and achievements are great ways to get people to try different classes.

If you're just starting out soldier, though, I'd definitely go vanilla. Black Box plus gunboats is a terrible combo since you're down one rocket and don't have a back up weapon. The two most important things to learn as soldier are
1) sweet ass (horizontal) rocket jumping and
2) when to pull out your shotgun.

And since I'm listing things

3) how to protect a medic (we really need to work to pull medic's off heavies; the medic soldier combo is much more potent than medic/heavy since a soldier can better protect a medic if he's really trying),
4) good rocket timing.
5) how to shoot your feet and kill bad scouts.

moojito

I got the holy mackerel, the vita saw and a dead ringer in one drop last night. I can't tell if the fish is still alive or if he's just turning it round himself.

Boonoo said:
If you're just starting out soldier, though, I'd definitely go vanilla. Black Box plus gunboats is a terrible combo since you're down one rocket and don't have a back up weapon. The two most important things to learn as soldier are
1) sweet ass (horizontal) rocket jumping and
2) when to pull out your shotgun.
Hehe, yeah I know what I'm giving up, I just want to fly around a lot and heal up the damage. If I see an airblaster I'll just bail out. :eek:

I'll bring the shotty out whenever I'm angry.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Yeah, the gunboats are pretty worthless, unless you're a hoarder like me.

I ended up getting to crates at the same time yesterday... Opened them up and got an Equalizer and black paint. :(

I don't mind that you have to pay to unlock these (I should, but I feel surprisingly ambivalent) but that you have a chance to unlock common items is horrible. No one likes blind assortment.

Boonoo

Lot of gunboat hate in here. I'd say that they're most worth it if 1) You know how to rocket jump well, and 2) have a clear plan of what you want to accomplish. They're pretty amazing if you need to get somewhere quickly without taking much damage so that you can kill a medic or prevent a cap. I'd say their one of the better items at subtly changing how you play a class. You're less versatile, and you make a terrible pocket (less capacity for protection, inability to properly help build uber), but you can bomb the shit out of people--and sometimes bombing the shit out of people is just what you need to do.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Danne-Danger said:
I just found something called Dr's Dapper Topper, I was told by the server that this is a good thing.
Its one of the new hats, but I find that it just looks out of place IMO.

rac

Banned
Crates=
vq2kol.jpg
+ White Paint
Finally something decent. I only play soldier so I have no idea what I'm going to do with it.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
MNC said:
Dr Dapper Topper is ugly and reminds me of that stupid cat.
I feel the same way.

Until they release a rocket launcher that looks like it came from the Buttter Battle Book

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I don't hate the cat in the hat, I think the solder doesn't look very good with it (And that I think the Medic would look better with it on)

Also, lets make predictions about how you have to craft Poly Count hats. My guess is going to be 2 hats + Class Token, making them take forever to get.

Also, I hope Valve stops being sticklers and just releases some damn Red and Blue Paint. My hat being the "wrong" team color is not going to cause any problems damn it D:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom