• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkKyo

WOW! Just tried it in itemtest and it's so badass, can't wait to use it in-game. Finally nice to see some more types of particle effects come from weapons(rather than just explodey, bullets, or fire).

Forkball

The hell, I don't think anyone expected the rockets to be related to that. The stuff sounds hilariously OP though.

Also this picture is relevant again:
visuakl.png

vehn

Eh I just bought a black box on man co. store to craft the new wep. can you not craft with purchased weps? I'm not seeing it when I try to craft.

vehn said:
Eh I just bought a black box on man co. store to craft the new wep. can you not craft with purchased weps? I'm not seeing it when I try to craft.
There might be something in RED in item descriptions @ the Man Co store you might want to read.

vehn said:
Everything you buy in the store is not tradeable or craftable. (Unless its keys or any other tradable miscellaneous things)

MisterAnderson said:
What is the recipe for the new hats? And how high do the numbers on the hats go before they are no longer numbered?

Recipes are the craft set headgear ones, so 4 Refined Metal and a set weapon.

Also just crafted the Pipe and Mutton Chops #77 so the new headgear are about to enter the triple digits.

Conceptor

Doncamatic said:
Recipes are the craft set headgear ones, so 4 Refined Metal and a set weapon.

Also just crafted the Pipe and Mutton Chops #77 so the new headgear are about to enter the triple digits.

edit: nvm

XeroSauce

Thoughts on Cow Mangler: No critical hits. Whatsoever. Dunno if this is a bug but Kritz doesn't work, Flag Cap doesn't work, Humiliation doesn't work.

Charge is not worth it on players unless you get a big clump, because with this RL, you get 5 shots that all do regular damage to players and reduced damage to buildings. They should really have a +25% clip size notation.

The reduced building damage? They meant it. I did almost nothing to the sentry I was fighting, but my shottie took care of it. The building stun is about as long as the Wrangler's stun when you switch to another weapon.

The weapon looks great and sounds great. However, the particles and kill animations are destroying my frames.

Salsa

outside of the awesome hats, i really hate this set

it puts the camp on campy, i think one class has officially gone too far. Desintegrating enemies? lasers? weapons that require no ammo? :/ this is either gonna get heavily balanced or im missing something

biggest departure from the game's artstyle and theme yet

Hylian7

I'm out of town at the moment, so I can't play at my desktop right now (will be back tomorrow). Is the new set really as overpowered as it sounds, or does the reduced building damage actually balance it out? It sounded pretty OP at first, but then I remembered that Soldier is intended to be a Sentry-destroying class, so maybe this isn't so bad.

Hylian7 said:
I'm out of town at the moment, so I can't play at my desktop right now (will be back tomorrow). Is the new set really as overpowered as it sounds, or does the reduced building damage actually balance it out? It sounded pretty OP at first, but then I remembered that Soldier is intended to be a Sentry-destroying class, so maybe this isn't so bad.
I don't know if it's op yet...but it's definitely different. very clear disadvantages.

Blizzard

Banned
SalsaShark said:
outside of the awesome hats, i really hate this set

it puts the camp on campy, i think one class has officially gone too far. Desintegrating enemies? lasers? weapons that require no ammo? :/ this is either gonna get heavily balanced or im missing something

biggest departure from the game's artstyle and theme yet
They're old-timey style spytech rayguns, steam-punkish, fitting right in far more than a redneck engineer, a pyro, a scottish demoman, or an australian sniper. Furthermore they're less silly than the fish on a stick, candycane, or medieval-style weapons. And no one used baseball bats in spytech bases!

Salsa

Blizzard said:
They're old-timey style spytech rayguns, steam-punkish, fitting right in far more than a redneck engineer, a pyro, a scottish demoman, or an australian sniper. Furthermore they're less silly than the fish on a stick, candycane, or medieval-style weapons. And no one used baseball bats in spytech bases!

well, i havent seen footage of the weapon, but ive heard there's lasers and desintegration involved, that's mostly what im talking about rather than the weapon design itself.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
XeroSauce said:
Wrong, and wrong? Rocket jumping is exactly the same, self damage is exactly the same.
Except with your charge shot you can also end up putting your self on fire.

Really, the only two down sides are:
- No Random Crits
- Less Damage to Buildings

Less Damage to buildings isn't a big deal since you already shut them down for 4 seconds, enough time for a demoman to get to right spot and blow it up. Random Crits isn't a big deal ether IMO.

To balance it, it should do less damage to all targets, and have only 4 shots.

Edit: It does seem to have a few other downsides speculated, but I don't see any hard evidence.

* Laser goes slower
* Smaller Splash damage
* Can't crit in anyway

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
So how does one craft the new stuff? What's needed.

How long until the drop resets as well? Maybe i should try idling tonight!

Yeef

Drkirby said:
The new rocket launcher seems too powerful. 5 shots, no ammo, what is the downside?
The reload animation is longer, it does less damage vs. buildings and it kills your frame rate.

Also, no random crits.

XeroSauce

The Cow Mangler 5000's actual stats:

Regular Shots:
-5 Laser Shots (compared to 4 or 3 rockets)
-Same Damage/Self Damage
-Same Rocket Jumping Ability
-Same Reload Speed
-Same Firing Speed/Travel Speed
-Can be fired at any time (no need to reload entire clip, the shots are basically rockets in laser form)
-Can Be Reflected

Alt-Fire: Charge Shot
-Uses All 5 Shots in the clip (instantly requires reload)
-Cannot be used without a full clip
-Takes 3-4 seconds to charge before firing, at which the Soldier moves at 37% speed (a Heavy revving a minigun)
-Projectile has largest splash radius
-Projectile mini-crits enemies and sets them on fire
-Self Damage is a mini-crit + plus fire to self
-Stunned buildings are stunned for 4 seconds (Wrangler drop time)

Cons:
-No Criticals Whatsoever (this includes Random, Kritzkrieg, Flag Cap, and Humiliation). This may be a bug.
-Reduced damage to buildings (unknown percentile, but it's very low)

Okay? No more complaining about constant minicrits or complete fire damage. This is what it is, and as it stands, it is superior to most of the other RLs, however it is not a godlike weapon and should not be treated as such.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom