• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acerac

Banned
Dreams-Visions said:
got #93 of the hat!
Gratz!

Just had a geisha boy drop for me... but according to that spreadsheet it is a promo only item. Can I assume it goes for the 1-3 refined metals most hats go for?

JackEtc

So I was just creating some scrap, and smelted a regular weapon with a non-tradeable weapon. Now the scrap is non-tradeable. Will this continue up into whatever I craft with the reclaimed (or refined) metal that is 1/3 (or 1/9) "non-tradeable" scrap?

Totally new reload animations (not to mention pistol animations for the Soldier), brand new taunt, totally new kill effect, a lot of work went into this set.

corn_fest

JackEtc said:
So I was just creating some scrap, and smelted a regular weapon with a non-tradeable weapon. Now the scrap is non-tradeable. Will this continue up into whatever I craft with the reclaimed (or refined) metal that is 1/3 (or 1/9) "non-tradeable" scrap?
Yup. Might as well delete the scrap now unless you're okay with that.

Blizzard

Banned
If anyone has a spare battalion's backup that would be awesome. I so rarely seem to have the spare items these things need, and I hate Valve keeps requiring reclaimed.

JackEtc

ArtistDude88 said:
Could of used it in a weapon craft for a new weapon that you didn't have. Unless you're not a collector then, meh.
XeroSauce said:
You could always use it to make a weapon you know you'll keep.
I pretty much have everything I want for Spy and Pyro, which are my two mains. Besides, already deleted it, oh well. It was two Heavy items, a class I NEVER play.

hey you know how i was going on about item lods

well guess what

Mangler Polycount: 13,056
Bison Polycount: 14.026

the next highest polycount is the syndey sleeper at 6,623

these new weapons have twice the polycount of the average player model

Blizzard

Banned
I went 2-8 with the new rocket launcher. :( Someone teach me how to aim with it. The rockets and reload feel so much slower than the others.

XeroSauce

EmCeeGramr said:
hey you know how i was going on about item lods

well guess what

Mangler Polycount: 13,056
Bison Polycount: 14.026

the next highest polycount is the syndey sleeper at 6,623

these new weapons have twice the polycount of the average player model

When I saw the amount of detail on the content page I knew shit liek these would happen.

And most of the poly are on the handle or parts you can't even see. :(

Holy shit the projectile itself is 4,000 polygons.

Also am I the only one who thinks the new taunt, as well as the Schadenfreude, are actually kind of garbage? They move so fast and so loose without any sense of weight like every other taunt and animation in TF2.

Doncamatic said:
Recipes are the craft set headgear ones, so 4 Refined Metal and a set weapon.

Also just crafted the Pipe and Mutton Chops #77 so the new headgear are about to enter the triple digits.

So you need 4 refined + one of the new weapons?

EmCeeGramr said:
Also am I the only one who thinks the new taunt, as well as the Schadenfreude, are actually kind of garbage? They move so fast and so loose without any sense of weight like every other taunt and animation in TF2.

That struck me a bit as well, I wouldn't say they're garbage necessarily, but definitely done with a different style, probably by someone new.

Hylian7

Awesome news, I have a friend who is going to Comic Con. I just texted her and asked her to pick up a coupon from the WETA booth if she gets a chance. She will let me know if she can get one.

Yeef

new rocket launcher is pretty overpowered. I don't know what they were thinking. Pistol is more balanced with the shotgun.

EmCeeGramr said:

The quality of laugh taunt varies from class to class (i think the Demo one is probably the best, with scout being the worst), but i agree about the salute taunt.

Blizzard

Banned
Yeef said:
new rocket launcher is pretty overpowered. I don't know what they were thinking. Pistol is more balanced with the shotgun.
I thought the salute taunt was kind of funny.

I am TERRIBLE with the new gun though. I'm going to have to change back to the old launcher, but I'm almost convinced that the normal rockets fly faster and the normal launcher reloads faster. Maybe I just totally screwed my timing up with the liberty launcher. I got only 4 kills the entire badwater round, on BOTH TEAMS, total. I fired a charged point blank shot at a demoman, and he immediately killed me and healed and had like 90% health left.

Yeef

Blizzard said:
I thought the salute taunt was kind of funny.

I am TERRIBLE with the new gun though. I'm going to have to change back to the old launcher, but I'm almost convinced that the normal rockets fly faster and the normal launcher reloads faster. Maybe I just totally screwed my timing up with the liberty launcher. I got only 4 kills the entire badwater round, on BOTH TEAMS, total. I fired a charged point blank shot at a demoman, and he immediately killed me and healed and had like 90% health left.
Assuming you're fighting a human and not a sentry, new rocket launcher:
  • Has 5 shots instead of 4
  • Is much quieter
  • Travels the same speed as the regular launcher
  • Does slightly more damage than the regular launcher (point blank regular does 112, new launcher does 121)
  • Has unlimited ammo

And it's only downside is that it can't crit. It's ridiculously imbalanced.

Blizzard said:
I went 2-8 with the new rocket launcher. :( Someone teach me how to aim with it. The rockets and reload feel so much slower than the others.
Everything feels weird about it. Especially if you're coming from the Liberty Launcher. :-/

no Engineer set

Gas Jockey Pyro

Milkman Scout
Bonk Boy Scout

Ordnance Demo
Persian Demo

Native American Heavy
Mafia Heavy

Crusader Medic
Old-School Medic

Bushman Sniper
Arabian Sniper

Saharan Spy
Mafia Spy

Tank Buster Soldier
General Patton Soldier
Jeep G.I. Soldier
Space Marine Soldier
(soon) Garbage Soldier

gj valve

Yeef

Grimm Fandango said:
Wait the new RL can stun buildings? As if the Engineer needed to sink any lower...
Yup. Charged shot stuns buildings and sets everyone on fire and does mini-crit damage in a radius (and can't be reflected).

Grinchy

Banned
Is is that easy to get a clear shot at a turret with the charged shot? I barely used the new launched earlier, but it felt so slow, and the charge shot didn't seem that easy to pull off.

commissar

EmCeeGramr said:

Ahahahahahahaha holy shit.

And yes all the new animations are terrible so far

The_Technomancer said:
Wait...the Soldier gets a ray-gun, not the Engineer?

What the fuck. There need to be some submissions for good Engie items stat
valve opens up two more rockets tomorrow, and it's a laser sentry gun, a flame-based secondary weapon, a new type of dispenser, a grenade launcher and sticky launcher, and a steampunk eyepatch

all for the soldier, of course

Acerac

Banned
The_Technomancer said:
Is that how it works? Are there two more rockets to open?
Yup. All the items will be going to the soldier.

Serious reply: There are 3 maps with rockets so speculation has it that there will be 2 more days of new items.

The_Technomancer said:
Is that how it works? Are there two more rockets to open?
Probably (almost definitely) not but it'd be funny if there were.

Seriously I think this is the first TF2 update that is almost universally mediocre or just plain bad.

-The models look out of place
-The aesthetic, if it did work, would fit the Engie more than the Soldier, who already has the most weapons and sets
-The disintegration effect is literally ripped out of HL2 but with red and blue colors on it
-The laser projectiles are hard to make out and clutter the screen and aren't loud enough
-The new rocket launcher has no real downside at all in exchange for getting one extra rocket, extra damage, infinite ammo, and the ability to minicrit, disable buildings, and set people on fire at will in a single shot
-The beard Misc looks even worse than the Camera Beard (it's like confetti or torn newspaper)
-The new taunt is horrendously ugly and poorly done
-Everything is poorly optimized and framerates are dropping
-Servers are crashing

Like, I cannot think of a single good thing here.

XeroSauce

EmCeeGramr said:

Seriously I think this is the first TF2 update that is almost universally mediocre or just plain bad.

-The aesthetic, if it did work, would fit the Engie more than the Soldier, who already has the most weapons and sets
-The disintegration effect is literally ripped out of HL2 but with red and blue colors on it
-The laser projectiles are hard to make out and clutter the screen and aren't loud enough
-The new rocket launcher has no real downside at all in exchange for getting one extra rocket, extra damage, infinite ammo, and the ability to minicrit, disable buildings, and set people on fire at will in a single shot
-The beard Misc looks even worse than the Camera Beard (it's like confetti or torn newspaper)
-Servers are crashing

Soldiers are having the time of their lives.

DarkKyo

EmCeeGramr said:

-Servers are crashing

I disagree with almost everything you said there.

I lurv the new weapon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom