• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just saw the new Rocket Launcher, what the fuck is that. It doesn't look like it should belong in TF2. Looks like it came from Duck Dodgers.

Bradlums

Hey guys I just downloaded the update and the game is running on like 5 FPS after running on high settings fine before. I'm on a Macbook pro with an i7 and I just downloaded the new mac os if that has anything to do with it. Anyone got any suggestions to fix this?

Blizzard

Banned
Sgt.Pepper said:
I just saw the new Rocket Launcher, what the fuck is that. It doesn't look like it should belong in TF2. Looks like it came from Duck Dodgers.
Am I totally imagining things, or has gravelpit had a GIANT LASER GUN on a capture point roof for like, years? Steampunk laser guns fit spytech bases far better than redneck cowboy engineers, baseball-playing Boston punks, or weird Australian New Zealand outback snipers.

Fox318

Blizzard said:
Am I totally imagining things, or has gravelpit had a GIANT LASER GUN on a capture point roof for like, years? Steampunk laser guns fit spytech bases far better than redneck cowboy engineers, baseball-playing Boston punks, or weird Australian New Zealand outback snipers.
That's why its the least loved map :p.

Forkball

Blizzard said:
Isn't that just a satellite? Either way, I think it fits the aesthetic more than the new ray guns.

Cp_gravelpit_pointc.jpg

Compare that simple retro design to the complicated flim flam on the new soldier weapons.

[edit] I think it's just a satellite since Hightower has the same thing.
Hightower.png

Acerac

Banned
Javaman said:
If they keep putting out more and more powerful weapons it's just going to lead to more one hit kills, something this game already has too many of.
Doesn't the new rocket launcher have a far lesser chance of getting one hit kills compared to a normal rocket launcher due to lack of random crits?

Valve actually made 1hit kills less frequent from what I can tell. That, along with the reduced ability to deal with engies is why I am staying with the classic model for now.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Liberty launcher still>> others

But laser so much fun. I dunno about it's speed being the same...it 'feels' slower and 'seems' to do less dmg.

Forkball

Blizzard said:
http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Gravel_Pit#Capture_Point_C_-_The_Laser_Gun

It looks like it may actually say laser gun if someone captures the point, too, but I don't remember for sure.
So why does RED have a laser gun on Hightower but BLU only has a satellite? Valve needs to balance that ASAP.

It certainly looks slower than the regular RL, maybe because of the laser trail. Also it seemed like when I got killed by it, I walked into it like a dumbass instead of being flanked or outgunned. I do hope they update the particles though, half the time I can't tell what is the rocket and what is the laser trail. Also, I hope they speed up the disintegration when you get killed buy it. Floating dead people blocked my view every now and then. And instead of giving Soldier a fugly safari hat and mutton chops, he should have gotten a faux rocketeer helmet.

Rocketeer.jpg

Also I have a Tomislav to trade. I will trade it for the Shashansha or any of the new laser Soldier weapons. I'll also trade a strange pyro crate for a random weapon.

derFeef

So I have tested the new launcher now and it is by no means owerpowered. I would like to see them add a few sound effects and tune down the visual effects a bit, but they are fine.

Sourtreats said:
It is, I'll take any uber items I don't already have or a scrap.
I think I have a Tomislav for you .
Otherwise , I might have some scrap metal , I have to launch the game on another computer to check that .

edit : I have a detonator as well ...

edit : fucking update ...

moojito

I just had an amazing thought. Those people who don't like the new weapons, don't equip them!

Amagawd, I just saved tf2.

moojito said:
I just had an amazing thought. Those people who don't like the new weapons, don't equip them!

Doesn't stop others from equipping them and games being full of laserbeams, does it? :p Not really complaining, just think its 'odd'. Though not sure why considering the nature of TF2.

Moundir&Tony>you said:
I think I have a Tomislav for you .
Otherwise , I might have some scrap metal , I have to launch the game on another computer to check that .

edit : I have a detonator as well ...

I'll take the scrap. Send me a F/R

Fox318 said:
Is that atomizer up for trade?

Yep. 1 Scrap for it.

Acerac

Banned
moojito said:

Yeah the shots they fire look just like normal rockets! Easy to ig...no... wait. No they wouldn't be.

I don't mind them, but this seems to be one of those features you can't ignore if you dislike.

My idle account hasn't had any new items for a few hours now and all I've had is 6 drops and a crate.

Blimey, is that it?

Oh, and another Chargin Targe! Thats 4 in 1 week.

DarkKyo

Acerac said:
Yeah the shots they fire look just like normal rockets! Easy to ig...no... wait. No they wouldn't be.

I don't mind them, but this seems to be one of those features you can't ignore if you dislike.
Using the Mangler I'ma go after the people that hate the weapon most.

MarkMclovin said:
My idle account hasn't had any new items for a few hours now and all I've had is 6 drops and a crate.

Blimey, is that it?

Oh, and another Chargin Targe! Thats 4 in 1 week.
Same except all I got was two weapons on it and then nothing for 2 hours now :(

Chinner

Banned
okay i was veryfying my tf2 cache and it crashed. now when it gets to 100% it just stays there and nothing happens.

wot do i do gaf?

Chinner said:
okay i was veryfying my tf2 cache and it crashed. now when it gets to 100% it just stays there and nothing happens.

wot do i do gaf?

How long has it stayed at 100%? I was verifying GTAIV yesterday and it hung up on 100% for several minutes.

DarkKyo

Does anybody want a similar style icon to mine except with one of the other team members/1800's team members? I'll take some requests if you interested.

webrunner

Moundir&Tony>you said:
Sourtreats , I've added you . I don't have any scrap left though , only reclaimed . Is it still ok for you ?

You can break up reclaimed into scrap (it's called "Smelt Reclaimed Metal")

XeroSauce

Chinner said:

wot do i do gaf?

It actually freezes at 100% for a while and then finishes after a few minutes. Just let it go.

giancarlo123x said:
I hope your not speaking ill about the cow mangler, that thing is OP as hell!
you know valve is trying to rebalance the classes.
fucking stupid to give more power for balance.
in a couple year's time. every single class will have 1-hit deaths in their artillery.
plus, that stupid syfy gun doesn't even fit in the tf2 universe.
unless soldier is disguising himself as a space marine from the future.

Acerac

Banned
Why do people keep saying this thing is good for one hit kills?

It is a direct downgrade from the normal rocket launcher when it comes to one hit kill ability.

Am I missing something?

derFeef

Acerac said:
Why do people keep saying this thing is good for one hit kills?

It is a direct downgrade from the normal rocket launcher when it comes to one hit kill ability.

Am I missing something?
People are crazy. I'ts weaker and very situational.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom