• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

JackEtc

Dechaios said:
Only if you like collecting them... some people do I guess.
I started trading mine away for scrap earlier. One vintage can go for like 1-1.5 scrap so that's not bad. I'll just use the non-vintage versions, it doesn't matter to me.
Dreams-Visions said:
Well, in theory they will increase in value over time as they will become more rare (as people craft them, for example). How much they will increase is probably minimal.

Most vintage weapons go for 1-2 scrap. Some weapons are more valuable, though. Let us know which Vintage weapons and hats you have and we can give you an idea of what to do with them.
Alright, maybe I'll keep them for a while.
I have a few vintages here and there.

Also HOLY SHIT I DIDN'T KNOW YOU COULD DO THIS WITH A DETONATOR
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXTSEfzHlvA

Dreams-Visions said:
that's always been my experience too. I just assumed there was a class of player that was significantly more skilled than I, and those weapons were created for them with which they own the world.
The splash of the standard RL is too important to give up in most situations, and pro soldiers are able to airshot just fine without the DH's extra rocket speed.

TLR vs. Platinum
TLR highlights

Forkball

FORKBALL'S TRADE CORNER

For trade:
Tomislav
Two Strange Pyro crates
Reclaimed
Scrap

I'll trade the Tomislav 1:1 for any of the new Soldier weapons, the Pyro crates for one random weapon each, a reclaimed for one of the new Soldier weapons, and a scrap each for a Black Box or Batallion's Backup.

tSP5B.jpg

Harpuia

Goddamn. Chris's FPS config improved the performance of TF2 by a whole lot! My pc isn't properly equipped to run games, but now I can at least enjoy tf2.

DarkKyo

Forkball said:
We're not getting another Grordbort update.

DEAL WITH IT.
Nnnuuuuooooo... one thing that is interesting though is that on tf2.com they changed the "now featuring uber update!" to the Grordbort stuff.

They just did that like 8 minutes ago.

AtomHeart

Neo Member
Harpuia said:
Goddamn. Chris's FPS config improved the performance of TF2 by a whole lot! My pc isn't properly equipped to run games, but now I can at least enjoy tf2.

I use Chris's FPS config too, that thing is absolutely amazing. Went from 15-30 fps to 40-120fps, so I can actually play properly now.

yeoz

I've had several people ask how to activate more f2p accounts because steam won't allow reuse of their debit or credit cards anymore.
For the record, most of my idlers were purchased prior to f2p during the various tf2 sales; but I've activated a couple in the past weeks.
What I do is I use virtual account numbers, which are unique credit card numbers, which you can recreate for each transaction you make:
how_to_perform_magic.png

I'm lucky enough to have access to two different banks that offer this feature (Citibank, and Bank of America (they call it "ShopSafe"). Check if your bank provides this too. I know Chase does not.)
I'm not sure if there are any free providers of this service for those whose banks don't provide this, but stuff like entropay will do it for a fee (which imo is totally not worth it).
Does anyone else know any of anything similar that'll do this for free?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Paypal once did, but no longer. I believe you can use a single paypal account on more then one steam account though.

yeoz

Drkirby said:
Paypal once did, but no longer. I believe you can use a single paypal account on more then one steam account though.
They block even this, from what I can tell. You can use paypal on more than one account, but it has some visibility to what the underlying account you use is.

(._.)

Banned
Nex Superne said:
The splash of the standard RL is too important to give up in most situations, and pro soldiers are able to airshot just fine without the DH's extra rocket speed.

TLR vs. Platinum
TLR highlights
You will still see some killer DH users on tf2l though. not many of them but I guess the little extra rocket speed makes just an average pubstar look PRO ~_~

RL is still best ever

Forkball

ArtistDude88 said:
What happened to "BELIEVE!", Mr. Optimism?!
Normally I would be optimistic, but only if there's some evidence, even if it's small. But we really have nothing hinting at multiple updates except for some minor coincidences. There's more evidence against more Grodbot weapons than for.

JackEtc said:
Dammit, I got excited about the pyro for a second :(

Also, isn't that spreadsheet only for hats, or am I blind?
In the Item Type drop-down, select "Vintage", then scroll to the bottom. The weapons are down there, starting with the Ullapool Caber thru 'Old' Weapon.

EmCeeGramr said:
I guess someone's guaranteed to find a new wep via random drop! hot dayum!

yeoz

Dreams-Visions said:
I guess someone's guaranteed to find a new wep via random drop! hot dayum!
Only got one of the laser weapons via drop on all of my idlers so far. :l
random is random, after all.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
And that is how a medic pushes a team to victoly!

Goddamn people on our team weren't attacking enough.

For heaven's sake, the medic with the uber will help protect everyone when he's pushing and popped uber. EVERYONE should be joining to

a) push cart faster
b) establish dominance in that space
c) protect the medic in turn

An uber can be useless if it's one other person and the team hangs back. No matter how good the demo, he doesn't have enough ammo to take out everyone. SO MOVE THE FUCK UP NEXT TIME YOU PUSSIES!

yeoz said:
Only got one of the laser weapons via drop on all of my idlers. :l
I'd demand my money back. that's ridiculous.

mojiimbo said:
The same paypal will only work on 2 or 3 accounts, I think.
so for him to have...16 accounts, I assume he had to use several cards.

that's commitment. but just doing some quick math...

16 idle accounts at ~9 item drops per = 144 weapon and hat drops.

Assuming 90% are weps, that's 130 items.

If he doesn't bother selling any of them and simply smelts them all, he'll have 65 scrap. or roughly 22 reclaimed.

That's roughly 8 refined metal/week. Not a bad take. He can buy 1 Bills/week without spending another dime in this game. That's 2 buds/month, assuming he doesn't miss a week.

But even at that pace, it'd take him damn near 6 months of doing that religiously to have enough to trade for a really good Unusual hat. Still quite the commitment, albeit very minimal.

I'm just amazed he was able to open 15 alt accounts.

Blizzard

Banned
yeoz said:
Only got one of the laser weapons via drop on all of my idlers so far. :l
So, yeoz, surely one of your 20 accounts has a battalion's backup for me, right? Right? ;_;

yeoz

Blizzard said:
So, yeoz, surely one of your 20 accounts has a battalion's backup for me, right? Right? ;_;
Well, I don't see you as online on steam, which means you don't really want one do you? ;-)

Dreams-Visions said:
so for him to have...16 accounts, I assume he had to use several cards.

16 idle accounts at ~9 item drops per = 144 weapon and hat drops.

But even at that pace, it'd take him damn near 6 months of doing that religiously to have enough to trade for a really good Unusual hat. Still quite the commitment, albeit very minimal.

I'm just amazed he was able to open 15 alt accounts.
Only needed one credit card (since my bank offers virtual credit card numbers: see above).
Also, hats drops are pretty darn rare. Most weeks I get zero hat drops, around 75%+ of the weeks or so, I'd say. I've gotten three-hat-drop-weeks a couple times though...
Most of my metal goes towards regular hat collecting and not unusuals. The only unusual I've kept I got for trading away the Western Wear #1

Blizzard

Banned
Dreams-Visions said:
if Blizzard is looking for a Batallion's Backup, he probably wants it.
This is correct! I would indeed like it and will give you a reclaimed and item in exchange if that works for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom