• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baha

webrunner said:
Dang drops seem to just want to be Uber weapons (considering I got BARELY ANY last week it must just be trying to make fun of me)

So i've got extra: detonator, booties, overdose, solemn vow, big earner, and can get two more big earners if anyone has any reason to want three.. anyone need any of those and have one of the pewpew guns or the black box/backup?

I have an extra battalion's backup, don't really need anything so I'll take any random weapon for it.

Fox318

webrunner said:
Dang drops seem to just want to be Uber weapons (considering I got BARELY ANY last week it must just be trying to make fun of me)

So i've got extra: detonator, booties, overdose, solemn vow, big earner, and can get two more big earners if anyone has any reason to want three.. anyone need any of those and have one of the pewpew guns or the black box/backup?
I don't have the pew pew guns but ill trade for the solem vow.

brentech

As I started playing at F2P launch, I'm sure this has been answered, but I am unable to find a response on GAF...and other sites are all different answers.

So, clicking the "START PLAYING" button used to work for me, but now it brings up the images but doesn't start rolling a count of servers found or anything. Is this normal, and is there a way to make it work?

Yeef

brentech said:
So, clicking the "START PLAYING" button used to work for me, but now it brings up the images but doesn't start rolling a count of servers found or anything. Is this normal, and is there a way to make it work?
They moved the server count from the mode select screen to when you actually click Play Now.

Chinner

Banned
apart from the op weapons, valve also added a bomb carrying animation for the solly
vIpuA.png

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Actually, when I think of a Bomb I think of Counter Strike (Even though you disarm the bomb there, but eh)

I am imagining a mode where their is a bomb in the center of the stage, and people have to fight over it to bring it into the enemy base.

Don't know if anyone is interested in crates, but I had these for trade.

• Series 7 Crate x 13
  • Series 8 Crate x 4
  • Series 9 Crate x 6
  • Series 16 Crate x 3
  • Series 17 Crate x 1
  • Series 18 Crate x 3
  • Series 19 Crate x 3
  • Series 20 Crate x 2
  • Series 21 Crate x 2
  • Series 23 Crate x 3
  • Series 24 Crate x 3
  • Series 25 Crate x 1

If you want any, make an offer. I'll probably take anything.

Acerac

Banned
Chinner said:
engineers hugely important to the game, and pyros although nerfed serve a purpose.
Yeah man, mini-sentries are awesome! Just because engies can only build one building doesn't mean they are gimp!

*Engy main who is sad when people play the class SO FUCKING WRONG in pubs*

Weenerz

Banned
Sourtreats said:

• Series 7 Crate x 13
  • Series 8 Crate x 4
  • Series 9 Crate x 6
  • Series 16 Crate x 3
  • Series 17 Crate x 1
  • Series 18 Crate x 3
  • Series 19 Crate x 3
  • Series 20 Crate x 2
  • Series 21 Crate x 2
  • Series 23 Crate x 3
  • Series 24 Crate x 3
  • Series 25 Crate x 1

2 Solemn Vows? I'll be home around 10:30 eastern if you're interested.

Weenerz

Banned
Sourtreats said:
For everything? I was more thinking 8 per weapon.

Holy crap, I didn't see you had x13 and stuff next to them. Can we talk more when I get home? I have other things, I'm just at work. PM me with your steam community URL.

ae5fa45f865fd0cb7e9c79137007a4de601af71d.jpeg

Saw this posted on canv.as today and it made me think... Why doesn't the engineer get any love from Valve? I mean the last item he received was the Jag. And his general play style hasn't changed much(because mini-sentries suck). Why no love?

Blizzard

Banned
pillarofdawn said:
Saw this posted on canv.as today and it made me think... Why doesn't the engineer get any love from Valve? I mean the last item he received was the Jag. And his general play style hasn't changed much(because mini-sentries suck). Why no love?
Mini sentries can be pretty fun and/or useful. I think Valve's official response is that no one makes cool/interesting items for the engineer, but people submit lots of cool/interesting items for the soldier.

However, I would disagree since that one guy made like 9-10 different engineer items and the really official-looking update page. I want my engineer guard dog. :'(

Side note, we tried 7-8 heavies and 2+ medics on offense on the final hoodoo point a week or two ago. Got crushed by demomen etc. and lost. :(

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
But is there enough room for a bomb since the soldier is already carrying the rest of the team?

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
pillarofdawn said:
According to Valve the engie receives by far the least number of fan made submissions for weapons.

Yeef

The_Technomancer said:
According to Valve the engie receives by far the least number of fan made submissions for weapons.
Yet there are plenty of non-fan-made weapons in the game, so that's hardly an excuse.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Sourtreats said:

• Series 7 Crate x 13
  • Series 8 Crate x 4
  • Series 9 Crate x 6
  • Series 16 Crate x 3
  • Series 17 Crate x 1
  • Series 18 Crate x 3
  • Series 19 Crate x 3
  • Series 20 Crate x 2
  • Series 21 Crate x 2
  • Series 23 Crate x 3
  • Series 24 Crate x 3
  • Series 25 Crate x 1

The three 23s and a 20 for 1 or 2 scraps? Looking for those strange weapons.

Boonoo said:
My word. I haven't played in forever. when does the server get busy?
usually around 8-10 est when people are playing, maybe around 7 est when people start jumping into the GAF server. There usually an annoucement on GAF TF2 group when they are filling spots up.

yeoz

tf2 update:
Fixed a Linux dedicated server crash caused by the Replay director
- Crash would happen whether the server was capturing Replays or not

Fixed the Map Stamps Collection bundle missing in the store

Fixed dedicated server ENTITY_CHANGE_NONE console spam

Improved the impact sounds for the Cow Mangler 5000’s projectiles

Optimized many particle effects related to the Cow Mangler 5000 and the Righteous Bison

Reduced the ConVar fov_desired to have a lower bound like the Replay editor

Updated the Cow Mangler 5000 to display the drawbacks in its attribute list

Updated the gamehaptics file
- Added recoil/draw/crit/reload forces for the Cow Mangler 5000 and the Righteous Bison
- Added charge shot force for the Cow Mangler 5000
- Refined the Demoman's Stickybomb Launcher/Pipe Bomb Launcher reload forces

Updated the localization files

yeoz said:
tf2 update:
Fixed a Linux dedicated server crash caused by the Replay director
- Crash would happen whether the server was capturing Replays or not

Fixed the Map Stamps Collection bundle missing in the store

Fixed dedicated server ENTITY_CHANGE_NONE console spam

Improved the impact sounds for the Cow Mangler 5000’s projectiles

Optimized many particle effects related to the Cow Mangler 5000 and the Righteous Bison

Reduced the ConVar fov_desired to have a lower bound like the Replay editor

Updated the Cow Mangler 5000 to display the drawbacks in its attribute list

Updated the gamehaptics file
- Added recoil/draw/crit/reload forces for the Cow Mangler 5000 and the Righteous Bison
- Added charge shot force for the Cow Mangler 5000
- Refined the Demoman's Stickybomb Launcher/Pipe Bomb Launcher reload forces

Updated the localization files
Thank god.

brentech

Just when I was finally able to exit the game without it crashing, we get an update. Hope it still fairs well, but right now there doesn't seem to be servers available.

Yea my thoughts exactly! The Engineer imo has the most potential for new shit. He could have alternatives to his dispenser, tele, or turret. How about something that you can build where your team minicrits when near it, or like a dedicated healing dispenser, or a turret that only shoots rockets, a two way teleporter, an alternative to the teleporter that launches people into the air kinda like a rocket jump, a sentry that does a periodic AOE while enemies are within range. Idk shit valve get creative because i just did

Grinchy

Banned
Dreams-Visions said:
Thought you guys might enjoy this vid if you haven't seen it before.

Guy buys 500 keys an opens 500 crates.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42kgeyn75h0

Payoff is the last 10 seconds or so. The first 8 minutes are just him opening in super fast-forward.
LOL wow that was crazy.

I just can't imagine dropping over $1000 like that. I wish I had the means. Interesting stats though.

200/500 crates were paints. 4 unusuals (which stick pretty close to the 1/100 odds).

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Added the gaf server to my favs, 261 ping, curse you distance.

Whats the current value for a key? I wonder if i can trade stuff for one or two. I'm curious what my crates contain but i don't want to spend money on the store buying a silly key.

Weenerz

Banned
evlcookie said:
Added the gaf server to my favs, 261 ping, curse you distance.

Whats the current value for a key? I wonder if i can trade stuff for one or two. I'm curious what my crates contain but i don't want to spend money on the store buying a silly key.

2.33 refined I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom