• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

XeroSauce

GaimeGuy said:
I had an excellent capture point match on dustbowl earlier as medic.. We had the first point captured and were behind the wall in that little corner just before the 2nd point. I notice my ubercharge reach 100%, so I target the one scout on our team at the moment and activate. We break for the 2nd point and capture it in (and the game!) in uber mode.

Best. Uber. Ever. >:)

Is this with the Quick-Fix? Because I know you can't capture with the Ubergun.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
XeroSauce said:
Is this with the Quick-Fix? Because I know you can't capture with the Ubergun.
I should correct myself: While in uber mode, my scout took out the sniper, heavy, sentry,, and engineer. We were all clear to capture.

XeroSauce

GaimeGuy said:
I should correct myself: While in uber mode, my scout took out the sniper, heavy, sentry,, and engineer. We were all clear to capture.

Oh, nice! I've been trying to find a scout good enough to nail that achievement with me. :(

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
XeroSauce said:
Oh, nice! I've been trying to find a scout good enough to nail that achievement with me. :(
It's more that we perfectly timed and executed it than him being a great scout. We were middle of the team in points. I wish I saved a replay

Yeef

Steel was a lot of fun. All of the people on my friends list were on the other team.

On defense we had an AFK Pyro during All of A and most of B.

On offense we had an engineer who built at B and did nothing just about nothing the entire round.

We also had a scout that spent like 8 minutes trying to shoot off all the stickies on E instead of helping us at A.

Good times.

Uriah

I found a Industrial Festivizer today. Am I right in assuming it's not worth a lot?

I have some Uber weapons to trade for the new solder weapons or the black box or the Battalion's Backup.

Ali Baba's Wee Booties
Liberty Launcher
Solemn Vow
Persian Persuader
Eviction Notice

Steam ID is Treecubed

Yeef

Apparently the scramble plugin had a dependency on another plugin in order to scramble based on stats. I've installed that plugin so hopefully it'll work properly now.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Uriah said:
I found a Industrial Festivizer today. Am I right in assuming it's not worth a lot?

I have some Uber weapons to trade for the new solder weapons or the black box or the Battalion's Backup.

Ali Baba's Wee Booties
Liberty Launcher
Solemn Vow
Persian Persuader
Eviction Notice

Steam ID is Treecubed

I can hook you up with the black box and battalions backup if you want.

Acerac

Banned
24FrameDaVinci said:
Aaaaand Valve has broken the game (again) with these ridiculous laser weapons. Good grief.
If by broken, you mean add more content to, I totally agree.

if you meant they unbalance the game, maybe some people will love soldiers who can't take out engineers or kill people in one hit. I know I do (when I am fighting them). Personally, I think the tomislav was a bigger deal.

I saw Metaphorically and Litvinenko spy dueling at the spawn. Then they started talking about some 6 dimensional chess moves, "Did you crouch when you were cloak? Because if you didn't, then that was why you died." I felt like I was way behind on my TF2 education.

Milly79

Acerac said:
If by broken, you mean add more content to, I totally agree.

if you meant they unbalance the game, maybe some people will love soldiers who can't take out engineers or kill people in one hit. I know I do (when I am fighting them). Personally, I think the tomislav was a bigger deal.

How is the Tomi a big deal? Was it nerfed or something? I constantly get owned by the vanilla load out Heavies (with the Tomi).

Milly79 said:
How is the Tomi a big deal? Was it nerfed or something? I constantly get owned by the vanilla load out Heavies (with the Tomi).
Originally, it had a 70% faster readying speed (amount of time it took for the weapon to be ready to fire). It was god-tier.

It was nerf'd to 50%. Still very good, but not clearly better than any of the other mini guns.

They nerved the Cow Mangler a little too. 10% less damage per hit and even less sentry damage in exchange for its ability to disable the sentry entirely for 4 seconds.

I think they are very fair changes and constitute a very good pro/con list.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I probably just did a bad trade since it was 2 recs for a strange ambas and paint. The strange ambass doesn't seem so strange though, however it's my first so woo.

I can easily get the recs back, I'm just lazy and in reality the only item i do want is the solder shotgun at the moment.

102 damage for a headshot though with the ambass, not bad.

Obsessed said:
I don't get how Metaphorically does it. I wish I could play Spy even a third as good as he can.
That man stabbed me like 90000000 times in 30 minutes. I promptly Left the server in a rage only to join again in 30 minutes. Then he stabbed me 1000 more times and now I hate him because he is a waaay better spy than me.

I don't really hate him, im just jealous

<3

Havok

So I've started playing this kind of casually recently for the first time in probably two years (maybe six hours on the clock total).

This game is totally nuts now. I spent maybe half an hour just looking through the store. I'm still landing in the top half of the leaderboards every match, so I guess that counts for something.

Acerac

Banned
Milly79 said:
Well it isn't any more, hence the was in my statement. As Dreams-Visions pointed out however, the first week or two it was around was AMAZING. I'd use heavy just for access to that gun.

The cow-tipper? I crafted, played with for a bit, then traded while it still had any value. I'd rather use the classic rocket launcher.

Yeef

Dreams-Visions said:
Originally, it had a 70% faster readying speed (amount of time it took for the weapon to be ready to fire). It was god-tier.

It was nerf'd to 50%. Still very good, but not clearly better than any of the other mini guns.

They nerved the Cow Mangler a little too. 10% less damage per hit and even less sentry damage in exchange for its ability to disable the sentry entirely for 4 seconds.

This is wrong on all counts. The original tomislav was -75% spin up time with silent spinning. Now it's -40% spin up with silent spinning. This is on top of the -25% spin up time buff heavy got in the 119th update last year.

The mangler ALWAYS had -10% damage, but it has twice the ramp up. basically, at anything closer than mid-range it does more damage than the stock launcher, at longer ranges it does slightly less damage than the standard launcher. The only nerf to the Mangler was to give it 5% longer reload time and that's because otherwise reloading 4 rockets with the mangler was faster than reloading 4 rockets with the default launcher. Now it's half a second slower.

Dr. Pangloss said:
I saw Metaphorically and Litvinenko spy dueling at the spawn. Then they started talking about some 6 dimensional chess moves, "Did you crouch when you were cloak? Because if you didn't, then that was why you died." I felt like I was way behind on my TF2 education.
I think there should be some kind of server param that makes sure those two are never on the same team. It becomes as though the other team has 10 spies.

Yeef said:
This is wrong on all counts. The original tomislav was -75% spin up time with silent spinning. Now it's -40% spin up with silent spinning. This is on top of the -25% spin up time buff heavy got in the 119th update last year.

The mangler ALWAYS had -10% damage, but it has twice the ramp up. basically, at anything closer than mid-range it does more damage than the stock launcher, at longer ranges it does slightly less damage than the standard launcher. The only nerf to the Mangler was to give it 5% longer reload time and that's because otherwise reloading 4 rockets with the mangler was faster than reloading 4 rockets with the default launcher. Now it's half a second slower.
that's exactly what I said! lol

EmCeeGramr said:
I think there should be some kind of server param that makes sure those two are never on the same team. It becomes as though the other team has 10 spies.
Or have a dedicated Pyro farm them if they can. For instance tonight my team put up a great defense of the first map on Hoodoo. Had two sentries up and everything. But then Litvinenko went on a chain back stabbing spree. Took out a Pyro, Heavy, then me (engineer), and finally the sentries. Would have won that map if he hadn't been there.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Damn i need to make the new weapons and 4 refined metals for the soldier beard/pipe and hat?

I need to join those with 20 accounts to idle :/

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Honestly, you weakling noobs need to spy check and spy hunt. All this 'he backstabbed me!' Is quite avoidable.

I go out of my way to catch spies cause the rest of my idiot team don't bother. If you see an engie's stuff being sapped, for fucks sake spray the area or suspicious ppl with bullets. I saw enough on Frontier just walkin by and ignoring when they saw my sapped stuff. KILLING SPIES HELPS ENGIES SUPPORT THW TEAM! You're noy wasting time killing a spy, you're buying time for your engie to upgeade teles and dispensors, which get you to the front line faster.

Yeef

Dreams-Visions said:
that's exactly what I said! lol
Dreams-Visions said:

Yeef said:

Nope.

Also hopefully this gains some traction.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
So is there a way to make textmode run on less RAM now? Kinda sucks that it's essentially as big as playing the game =/

Acerac

Banned
Kuro Madoushi said:
Honestly, you weakling noobs need to spy check and spy hunt. All this 'he backstabbed me!' Is quite avoidable.

I go out of my way to catch spies cause the rest of my idiot team don't bother. If you see an engie's stuff being sapped, for fucks sake spray the area or suspicious ppl with bullets. I saw enough on Frontier just walkin by and ignoring when they saw my sapped stuff. KILLING SPIES HELPS ENGIES SUPPORT THW TEAM! You're noy wasting time killing a spy, you're buying time for your engie to upgeade teles and dispensors, which get you to the front line faster.
nooooo more people need to just let spies be. We don't intend to do anything devious.
TheBez said:
What are vintages worth? I have a ton of them and most of them are duplicates and triplicates of stuff.
1 scrap apiece for the most part? Theoretically they'll go up at some point in the future. Theoretically. At some point.

Forkball

SteveWinwood said:
I don't know why they list the miscs on there. Do they really need it?
I think they just listed every item, regardless of whether they need it or not. Doesn't Valve has an 800 poly limit for community contributed hats? They should take their own advice sometimes.

Also
the_illudium_kaboomer_by_ducksink-d41c0dm.png

f69140acc3680679c2b3bc2eb75b2.jpg

6977fa1ed20970148b82c03fee816cca.png

Goon Boon

Banned
NihonTiger90 said:
If you don't have the new laser weapon and want it for free, I can hook you guys up. They're giving out codes here at SDCC.
Could I get one? I really love how these new weapons look and work pew pew.

Acerac

Banned
NihonTiger90 said:
If you don't have the new laser weapon and want it for free, I can hook you guys up. They're giving out codes here at SDCC.
That'd be amazing if you could hook me up! Please and hopefully thank you. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom