• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forkball

I think keys are worth 2.33 refined. You could straight up trade a key for a hat (depending on what it is).

Also, this particle effect was in today's update. ENGINEER WEAPONZ?!?!
nutsnbolts.png

And speaking of the Engineer, everyone complains that he doesn't have enough weapons. Does anyone have ideas about what he should get? He's the hardest class to balance, and giving him something that is slightly overpowered completely changes the pace of the game. I think his real problem is that he can be pretty helpless in many situations and is always tied to his base on defense. How many times has a spy snuck near spawn and destroyed a teleporter entrance? The engy more or less has nothing to do at that point, if his entrance is destroyed, he would have to leave his base to fix it, which could result in the base getting destroyed. And there's nothing more frustrating than spending minutes building up an area only for it to get destroyed in two seconds.

An idea I thought of was having some sort of moving robot that could repair or create buildings. So take my above scenario: your entrance teleporter is destroyed. Instead of leaving your base on the front lines, why not send the robot back to base to rebuild the teleporter? This could work in other situations. Let's say you want to scope out a location to see if there's any enemies. You could send the robot in to check it out, and if he gets there and it's safe, he can start building. This way the engy can move freely and get metal while the robot is starting up the base. For downsides, well the robot has no offensive capabilities and can be destroyed easily. Also, maybe the robot turns into the building, so one robot can only make one building.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Yeah, I remember before the Engineer update they talked about replacement buildings and how they discovered that brand new buildings that took up the teleporter or dispenser slots completely fucked with the flow of the game.

What about the Medic? I was always hoping that they would give them a loadout that fundamentally changed them like the sword and shield effectively turned the Demoman into an altogether different class.

In TF2, I never like playing as Medic, in my hundreds of hours I've only put a couple of those into Medic. Even with the different saws/needleguns I feel that the different charges don't offer a good variety of playstyles for the Medic user themself. I'd like something that allows them to be a more aggressive class but still allowed for support for the team.

Grinchy said:
LOL wow that was crazy.

I just can't imagine dropping over $1000 like that. I wish I had the means. Interesting stats though.

200/500 crates were paints. 4 unusuals (which stick pretty close to the 1/100 odds).
Yep. An interesting haul.

and that was $1,250.00 poof gone. I assume your average person might open a dozen or so. Maybe hardcore traders will open 50-100 (based on personal testimonies). Needless to say, it holds to the drop rate sample sizes.

Professor Beef said:
They should let the Engineer build a robot with a pre-set kill limit.
yea, there is a vein of engineering shit they haven't even considered it seems. the world is your oyster when you can build things.

Dreams-Visions said:
yea, there is a vein of engineering shit they haven't even considered it seems. the world is your oyster when you can build things.
There should be a healing robot too, also with a healing limit. I'm still wondering how they should move, though. Too slow, and they'd just be a weird turret/dispenser. Too fast, and you might not get a chance to heal or hurt things.

Professor Beef said:
There should be a healing robot too, also with a healing limit. I'm still wondering how they should move, though. Too slow, and they'd just be a weird turret/dispenser. Too fast, and you might not get a chance to heal or hurt things.
YOU KNOW WHAT I WANT?

ibQD4E.jpg

:)

UPGRADE THE ENGINEER, VALVE

I would like to be able to carry all three buildings at once. Hate having to go back constantly and carry each one at a time. Some super duper utility belt. Can be like the Soldier's or Sniper's utility options.

TheBez

TF2 doesn't have enough manned turret sequences. You can't be a modern game without manned turret sequences. So make the engineer build mannable turrets!

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Cloudius12 said:
there is a password to the server. Quote this to reveal.

We tend to not use the password expect for right after major updates, hasnt been on in awhile. But good to know for when it is on.

Javaman

Rickenslacker said:
What about the Medic? I was always hoping that they would give them a loadout that fundamentally changed them like the sword and shield effectively turned the Demoman into an altogether different class.

In TF2, I never like playing as Medic, in my hundreds of hours I've only put a couple of those into Medic. Even with the different saws/needleguns I feel that the different charges don't offer a good variety of playstyles for the Medic user themself. I'd like something that allows them to be a more aggressive class but still allowed for support for the team.

Aids gun.

Clydefrog

Valve e-mailed me and made me confirm some of my CC info and billing information because of the amount of money I spent that one night

Everything's set and I'm all ready to do it again now!

(yeah, right)

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Rickenslacker said:

Would make the ned worthless.

Even the offense now for them is bad. Fucking shitty battlemedics phailing instead of killing. If it's more offense you want, then don't play medic.

Only big change I'd like is a weapon that charges potential dmg the more you heal and it allows one powerful shot.

There always needs emphasis on healing, otherwise a person won't go med if they see one already...not knowing that med is worthless...

Forkball

I got a Battallion's Backup as a drop and crafted the Bison. I immediately regretted it. Only four shots, super slow, and it seems to do pretty weak damage. Yeah, it goes through people which is kinda cool, but when you realize it's only doing 11 damage per shot, it takes the fun away.

Rickenslacker said:

Valve has said very clearly that they don't want to do this.

The Medic is the most important class in the game, and the reason for that is his healing. Adding anything to distract would-be healing Medics from that job could screw up everything.

Javaman

Clydefrog said:
Valve e-mailed me and made me confirm some of my CC info and billing information because of the amount of money I spent that one night

Everything's set and I'm all ready to do it again now!

(yeah, right)

What got into you that night RedClyde?

Kuro Madoushi said:
Even the offense now for them is bad. Fucking shitty battlemedics phailing instead of killing. If it's more offense you want, then don't play medic.
I don't. :p But yeah, when an entire team doesn't want to do that job I dread having to tether myself around out of necessity.

EmCeeGramr said:
Valve has said very clearly that they don't want to do this.

The Medic is the most important class in the game, and the reason for that is his healing. Adding anything to distract would-be healing Medics from that job could screw up everything.
Oh, I don't mean that they shouldn't have healing capabilities, but something to act as an alternative to mediguns I suppose.

derFeef

So me and also most of my friends are complaining about the litthe hitches/pauses TF2 has since we started to play it again. Is there any info on why this is happening? The game often stops for 1 second and then continues normally.

Fox318 said:
Only open the new crates. Strange weapons make crates ok to open imo.
I especially hate the new crates! I spent too much money already for keys - I just want one special hat.

Forkball

GreenMarine (who works for Valve) posted this on the SA forums regarding today's update accidentally giving the new RL a 10% damage increase instead of decrease:

GreenMarine said:
I found the cause of this, but it probably won't make the next update today. Enjoy a weekend of higher than normal close range damage.
"Next update today?" DOUBLE UPDATE FRIDAY.

DarkKyo

derFeef said:
So me and also most of my friends are complaining about the litthe hitches/pauses TF2 has since we started to play it again. Is there any info on why this is happening? The game often stops for 1 second and then continues normally.

I especially hate the new crates! I spent too much money already for keys - I just want one special hat.
Honestly you should have skipped the keys and just bought somebody's unusual with paypal funds. Lesser effect hats go for like under 50 bucks I think.

DarkKyo

Forkball said:
GreenMarine (who works for Valve) posted this on the SA forums regarding today's update accidentally giving the new RL a 10% damage increase instead of decrease:

"Next update today?" DOUBLE UPDATE FRIDAY.
Wow really? Upload whatever uses those nuts and bolts valve, come on!

Edit: whoops, double post :(

Forkball

New update just hit.

Cow Mangler changes

Fixed the charged shot sometimes doing more damage than intended.
Fixed a bug that caused the projectiles to stay in the world after a team change.
Slowed reload rate by 5%.
76 MB put to good use.

DarkKyo

Meh. So nothing hidden in the update this time around? Part of me wants to think two patches in the same day means something bigger than a minor weapon stat change.

TheBez said:
TF2 doesn't have enough manned turret sequences. You can't be a modern game without manned turret sequences. So make the engineer build mannable turrets!
Love this idea.
Also, a water hose with athe sentry to render a pyro useless

Okay, so I'm still a huge noob at TF2, but this is what I've wanted for the Engineer ever since I started playing:

"The Steel Claw"

+15% Build Time
-80% Redeploy Time
-60% Redeploy movement speed penalty

Or something to that effect; I kinda just made the numbers up. Basically, a wrench replacement that makes buildings take longer (and/or more expensive) to go up on the initial build, but significantly faster on the redeploy. If there's something I hate, it's trying to move up a battle line with a Level 3 sentry and having it get sniped during redeploy.

Yeef

Forkball said:
The Mangler now does -10% damage. RIP Team Fortress 2: Halo Edition.
Mangler already did -10% damage. The just actually mention it in the stats now. It probably still has the extra ramp up, which means it effectively does more damage in anything closer than medium range.

Forkball said:
And speaking of the Engineer, blah blah blah
It's easy to come up with sidegrades for buildings that are interesting but serve a similar purpose. one good idea I've heard is a speed pad that replaces the teleporter. Basically, instead of teleporting you it greatly increases your speed (double speed) until you either attack or take damage. It serves the same function as a teleporter (getting to the front lines more quickly) while having obvious upsides and downsides. Even more boring sidegrades could work. Like a dispenser that favors health over ammo (less ammo given, but it heals faster and can overheal) or vice versa. hell, even giving the gunslinger mini-teleporters and mini-dispensers that build faster but are less potent, like the mini-sentry, would be a welcomed change without having to add any new weapons.

Forkball said:
I got a Battallion's Backup as a drop and crafted the Bison. I immediately regretted it. Only four shots, super slow, and it seems to do pretty weak damage. Yeah, it goes through people which is kinda cool, but when you realize it's only doing 11 damage per shot, it takes the fun away.
it does 12 damage per hit at max distance, but each shot is 4 hits, for 48 damage total. At normal range it does 20 damage per hit for 80 damage total. Generally less than a shotgun and since it's not hitscan it's slightly harder to aim against people that are actively trying to dodge. Still, if it crits that 240 damage. I think it's a great finisher weapon and pretty well-balanced with the shotgun. I only with they let the other shotgun classes use it as well (engineer, pyro and heavy).

Goddamn playing Sniper was just barely tolerable tonight. I swear I had my crosshairs on people's faces and yet I was getting miss after miss after miss. Then I'd accidentally body shot someone and it would count as a headshot. Jaaaaank!

Acerac

Banned
Obsessed said:
Awful idea. You're a bad person.
C'mon, pyro is the most buffed class in the game. I'm sure any nerf they receive is well deser.... oh god I can't even finish that statement.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I had an excellent capture point match on dustbowl earlier as medic.. We had the first point captured and were behind the wall in that little corner just before the 2nd point. I notice my ubercharge reach 100%, so I target the one scout on our team at the moment and activate. We break for the 2nd point and capture it in (and the game!) in uber mode.

Best. Uber. Ever. >:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom