• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saige

I must do better.
NihonTiger90 said:
If you don't have the new laser weapon and want it for free, I can hook you guys up. They're giving out codes here at SDCC.
I’ll take one if you are able to get enough codes.

Artanisix

NihonTiger90 said:
If you don't have the new laser weapon and want it for free, I can hook you guys up. They're giving out codes here at SDCC.

:O That would be awesome.

I don't post much in this topic (although I do lurk), so if you want to go ahead and give codes to the regulars first, that's totally fine. Thanks for hookin' GAF up.

TheBez

NihonTiger90 said:
As many as I can steal carry
A couple years ago they were giving away 48 hour Xbox live codes at the MS booth. On the last day they were handing them out in chunks. I got home and had over 3 months of live for free. Still haven't even used all of them. I think a good amount of them went to gaffers :D

Sibylus

Banned
NihonTiger90 said:
You probably don't have a pile of these, but if you do, BEAM ME UP.

Mafro

Forkball said:
GreenMarine (who works for Valve) posted this on the SA forums regarding today's update accidentally giving the new RL a 10% damage increase instead of decrease:

"Next update today?" DOUBLE UPDATE FRIDAY.
This is why they should properly test new weapons in the beta.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I'm currently playing with the direct hit, I think the liberty launcher is a great way to introduce yourself to how it works.

I still don't like it at this stage. I really miss the splash damage since that allows you to pick off low health enemies and bounce them around.

Hitting moving targets is a lot easier with other launchers but for some reason the direct hit causes problems.

I miss you splash.

NihonTiger90 said:

I'd love to give em a tryout, if you could spare a code. Many thanks regardless!

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
NihonTiger90 said:
Better have a lot of codes :)

I'd like one if possible.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
To be honest, I would really love to have the paper slip more then the code. Its a pretty nice piece of memorabilia.

Man, if someone manages to get their hands on a buttload of codes I'd love to have one!

Anyone here interested in an Ol' Geezer? I'd like to trade it for another hat or some metal.

Just to be clear, if you actually do want the weapons, they're just a Reclaimed (3 scrap) and either a Black Box or a Battalion's Backup to make, that's not that expensive.

Although I do miss my Black Box now. I went back to my Rocket Launcher and was all "WHY I NO GET HEALS?"

I like to try and think that people in the Valve servers aren't stupid.

But then I see two engineers in the case room in 2Fort trying to build each other's teleporter counts instead of actually trying to guard the case. Speaking of which, I hate 2Fort because it always seems like I'm the only one not trying to play Rambo and guard our case in the first place.

moojito

Professor Beef said:
I like to try and think that people in the Valve servers aren't stupid.

But then I see two engineers in the case room in 2Fort trying to build each other's teleporter counts instead of actually trying to guard the case. Speaking of which, I hate 2Fort because it always seems like I'm the only one not trying to play Rambo and guard our case in the first place.

2fort has a case?!

not only that, but a spy came in and sapped everything he could before taking our case. i managed to save my dispenser and sentry before getting a shot off at him with my shotgun and weakened but functional sentry, but I get yelled at instead because I didn't save their precious teleporters. of course, those engineers were nowhere near the scene.

why are people stupid?

Sourtreats said:
Don't know if anyone is interested in crates, but I had these for trade.

• Series 7 Crate x 13
  • Series 8 Crate x 4
  • Series 9 Crate x 6
  • Series 16 Crate x 3
  • Series 17 Crate x 1
  • Series 18 Crate x 3
  • Series 19 Crate x 3
  • Series 20 Crate x 2
  • Series 21 Crate x 2
  • Series 23 Crate x 3
  • Series 24 Crate x 3
  • Series 25 Crate x 1

If you want any, make an offer. I'll probably take anything.

If people are still interested, PM me. I haven't read the past 3 pages and don't plan to with this hangover. I have 2 more 25's now I think.

Up to #18, 8 Per Scrap, #18-15, 4 per scrap.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I just realised i can totally idle with my alt account that i made when my main was banned. Lets see what he gets overnight, If it's good I guess i will need to buy something for 50c so i can trade :/

Zomba13

If not too late I'd love one for a friend. I have the guns so I don't need them but he's new and not got many weapons. If I am too late it doesn't matter too much.

F4024EE89A13F537E67F6192C8347F4C21C25B5A

That looks like it hurt!

DarkKyo

ArtistDude88 said:
That looks like it hurt!
Haha not only did you stab the top of his spine, severing his brain stem from his body... you did it with such force that his back thrust forward, snapping in half.

NihonTiger90 said:
I don't have the weapon, if you have a spare code that you can throw my way I would greatly appreciate it.

Picked this up a while ago and just gotten into playing over the last day or two. Loving it so far, not sure why I waited so long to get into it.

Definitely liking Heavy, my favourite class so far. Anything with a Minigun is usually what I end up gravitating towards haha..

Few questions though if any of you could help out;

- The people I see running around with awesome custom things like the 'Natascha' and 'Iron Curtain' Miniguns, are they all random pickups/unlocks? I understand you can buy them too, but can they be unlocked eventually anyway?

- Re: Crafting, can I make the above? What do you need and where do you find it?

- I got a crate today, but it requires a key to open it. I can buy this key from the store for 2.99 as well, but is this something that unlocks with natural progression too?

Cheers.

JackEtc

NihonTiger90 said:
I'd also love a code, I don't have any of the weapons, and no reclaimed to craft them. Hope I'm not too late.

Bakphoon

-Deadpool- said:
Picked this up a while ago and just gotten into playing over the last day or two. Loving it so far, not sure why I waited so long to get into it.

Definitely liking Heavy, my favourite class so far. Anything with a Minigun is usually what I end up gravitating towards haha..

Few questions though if any of you could help out;

- The people I see running around with awesome custom things like the 'Natascha' and 'Iron Curtain' Miniguns, are they all random pickups/unlocks? I understand you can buy them too, but can they be unlocked eventually anyway?

- Re: Crafting, can I make the above? What do you need and where do you find it?

- I got a crate today, but it requires a key to open it. I can buy this key from the store for 2.99 as well, but is this something that unlocks with natural progression too?

Cheers.

1. You can get most of the stuff also as a drop if you play long enough. Also there are weapons which you get after reaching a archievement milestone.

2.Yes, you can craft some weapons. There are blueprints you can use for that (and you can craft stuff where you will get "random" weapons)

3. Dont make the mistake to buy keys ( except you have a F2P version and you want to upgrade to premium). A even bigger mistake is using those Keys to open crates. If you wait 2 days or so they will become tradable, and you could trade them for rare weapons/ items you want.

Welcome to the greatest war-themed hat simulator in the world!

Every week, you get item drops from playing normally,
or idling
. Usually between 5 and 10 a week (+crates), with the reset every Wednesday night.

Every class has 3 Achievement Milestones, and each one you get an item. For Heavy milestones, you'll get the Natascha, Sandvich, and KGB.

You can also craft items. Here's the wiki.

Crates are generally worthless. But if you feel like gambling for an unusual (or for whatever's in the crate), spend that $2.50!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom