• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

commissar

Yeef said:
Pfft. I already have everything. I even have multiples of some things!
Obsession
Yeef said:
Honestly, other than the Polycount hats, it's not that hard to get all of the weapons. It'll take 6 months or so from normal drops, but I think it's worth it to have every gameplay option available to you. If, for some reason, they decide to buff the Sun-on-a-Stick (or any other weapon) so that it does 5000 damage per hit then I'm covered. Even if they don't and I'm in a silly mood and want to use it I can.
Justification
Yeef said:
I really wish Valve would go back to weapon recipes just being 2 specific weapons combined, but it seems as if they've settled on reclaimed+specific weapon. With the old cheap recipes a week's worth of doubles could get you 3 to 6 new weapons via crafting. With the new recipes a week's worth of doubles gets you 0 to 1 new weapons.
Dissatisfaction

I think you would benefit from learning The Way of the Fist :p

Clydefrog

So I downloaded those FPS configs and wow did my FPS improve but TF2 looks like fuckin Minecraft now!!!!

9q9xlk.jpg

Clydefrog said:
So I downloaded those FPS configs and wow did my FPS improve but TF2 looks like fuckin Minecraft now!!!!

http://i54.tinypic.com/9q9xlk.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
the guy has a YouTube video linked to his websites navigation, after watching it, i learned that if you want to have high FPS but still play in DX9, run the DX9 config, as its got great FPD boost without the blocky smoothing.

or at least if you don't mind running DX8 with that super low quality config, you can probably edit the line in the file for the smoothing(sp?) that is what causes the blocky look.

XeroSauce

Hylian7 said:
I am interested in a code as well if anyone has one......

Why the hell is everyone asking for codes for just a Bison? I don't think anyone even offered any and yet we have around 20 posts asking the same thing.

Hylian7

XeroSauce said:
Why the hell is everyone asking for codes for just a Bison? I don't think anyone even offered any and yet we have around 20 posts asking the same thing.
It's only a Bison? I thought it was the entire set including the hat and beard. Never mind then. I managed to trade for a Bison the other day. I don't need another one that badly.

Acerac

Banned
XeroSauce said:
NihonTiger90 said:
If you don't have the new laser weapon and want it for free, I can hook you guys up. They're giving out codes here at SDCC.

It's a free reclaimed metal+weapon. :)

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
So I just started playing this game a little while after it went F2P (I bought it a couple months ago for like 3 bucks but never got into it). Completely regret that decision as the game is very addicting. The weapon drop system isn't too bad either. I recently had a black box drop for me and a friend gifted me the backburner. However, the default weapons are definitely not slouches either.

I mostly roll with Medic and Heavy since I feel they're the most important classes for victory. And I have say, nothing is more satisfying then killing a pyro or a scout with the syringe gun. If I could come up with one complaint it's that the replay system doesn't feel as robust as other games. I constantly find myself forgetting to record a game in the heat of the moment and end up really pissed that I lost some great footage.

But besides that, it's all good fun.

Exuro

Pankaks said:
I mostly roll with Medic and Heavy since I feel they're the most important classes for victory. And I have say, nothing is more satisfying then killing a pyro or a scout with the syringe gun. If I could come up with one complaint it's that the replay system doesn't feel as robust as other games. I constantly find myself forgetting to record a game in the heat of the moment and end up really pissed that I lost some great footage.
It really is terrible. Having to manually save it and have it set to per life is just cumbersome and unintuitive. I was hoping it would be more like Halo 3/Reach where it would auto record as a temp file and you could save it if you wanted. The editing is pretty bad too. I don't like that it has to load when you rewind. Really disappointing.

Yeef

I've added 4 new maps to the server:

Shirouma is a feudal Japan-styled map. It's designed so that it works with medieval mode even though it's not a medieval map. I'd like to try it with medieval both on and off to see how each plays. Lots of dark places to hide and ambush people.

2011-07-02_00002.jpg

Follower is a day time 5cp map. It seems decent from a quick run around. Lots of little shortcuts and platforms to jump on.

92391b.jpg

Stag is a 5cp remake of a Quake map and, therefore, doesn't really fit TF2 in terms of map flow, in my opinion (and also favors soldiers since they are quake-like), but I added it anyway.

stag-6.jpg

Supply is 5cp map that takes place on a rainy night in a trainyard. It's got some cool lightning and thunder effects and seemed like a decent layout from the quick run around I did. Lots of shielding walls that makes for interesting choke points since you can go around or over them.

132036d.jpg

As always, you can download maps straight from the website or just wait for it to auto-download when the map comes up in-game.

[EDIT] I've updated the end of map voting so that 2 random custom maps are included in every vote. I'm also considering installing a map-rating and/or allowing people to rate maps directly on the stats site. That way, if any maps get consistently low ratings I can remove them and ones that get consistently high ratings can be added to the normal rotation.

Acerac

Banned
Hylian7 said:
Seriously, or are you joking? Now I'm back to wanting one if this really is the case.....
*Laughs* Perhaps poorly phrased, but I meant that is what it'd take to craft, and given how new it is, you're likely to be able to trade it for something similar.

Acerac said:
*Laughs* Perhaps poorly phrased, but I meant that is what it'd take to craft, and given how new it is, you're likely to be able to trade it for something similar.

I crafted it the hard way (crafted a Black Box first, then the Mangler), only to be disappointed at its mediocrity.

Yeef

Blizzard said:
3 new 5cp maps, and 0 new AD/payload maps. RAGE. I hope you get stuck in 40-minute stalemates, Yeef.
Hightower is much more stalematey than any 5cp map and we play that like 8 hours a night.

Also, i remember the last time we played snakewater it was over before anyone even figured out the map layout.

Yeef said:
Hightower is much more stalematey than any 5cp map and we play that like 8 hours a night.

Also, i remember the last time we played snakewater it was over before anyone even figured out the map layout.

I'd rather play no 5cp or PLR. There are enough payload, A/D, and koth to satisfy.

XeroSauce

Acerac said:

Making us look stupid over here, man

Grinchy

Banned
I feel like they should make an auction house. It would be so sweet to have an automated process where you can leave your items up for sale, and someone else can buy them and have them delivered to their inventory right away.

Grinchy said:
I feel like they should make an auction house. It would be so sweet to have an automated process where you can leave your items up for sale, and someone else can buy them and have them delivered to their inventory right away.

And you bid with real money! But instead of going to the seller, the money goes to Gabe.

Uriah

Grinchy said:

This would be so useful. Then I wouldn't have to waste time trading items away.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
God I hate servers where sure everyone has a mic, but they're all fucking retarded and I wouldn't want to listen to them anyways. Jesus christ.

Grinchy

Banned
I've had voice chat turned off since I bought the game, just since I didn't have a mic. I forgot this game has voice chat.

Blizzard

Banned
wartime1020 said:
I'd rather play no 5cp or PLR. There are enough payload, A/D, and koth to satisfy.
I pretty much agree with this. I far prefer payload or koth over ctf or 5cp. I like payload over payload race, and A/D somewhere around koth.

Chavelo

YESSSSS!

TF2-GAF, I have just acquired the hat I wanted for the Demoman to wear, which was the last class I didn't have a hat for.

Now, each class has a hat that I have deemed the most awesome for their respective bunch of hats:
Pyro = Old Guadalajara
Scout = Ye Olde Baker Boy
Soldier = Kabuto
Demo = Stuntman with Team Spirit
Medic = Ze Goggles
Sniper = Larrikin Robin
Spy = Fancy Fendora
Engineer = Hot Rod
Heavy = Hound Dog

Once I equipped the Stuntman, I then had this feeling of Deja Vu... the same feeling I had when I was done with WoW and needed to get rid of the account... D:

WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME

desh

We should share our performance reports. Here's mine. I did reset my stats once, so this is missing about 400 hours played.

243m51k.jpg

(._.)

Banned
Zerokku said:
God I hate servers where sure everyone has a mic, but they're all fucking retarded and I wouldn't want to listen to them anyways. Jesus christ.
are you setting up a joke about the gaf server? *ba dum tss*

Acerac

Banned
desh said:
We should share our performance reports. Here's mine. I did reset my stats once, so this is missing about 400 hours played.

http://i55.tinypic.com/243m51k.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
I'm jealous that yours actually makes sense. My chart is wildly offscale with maxpoints/time invested ratio.

[QUOTE=XeroSauce]Making us look stupid over here, man[/QUOTE]
Hey, it was accurate if you're an avid trader.

NBtoaster

desh said:

http://i55.tinypic.com/243m51k.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

I forgot how you access that, so I just nabbed it from the loading screen:

[img]http://i.imgur.com/60mzg.png

Mine are all so low, and I've played 800 hours :x

At least half of that has been playing Arena though.

Seam

Banned
Heavy's Sandvich said:
No need to make excuses for scores.

They're so easily manipulated as well.

Go on an achievement map and voila, suddenly you own with your 85 kills. Takes the fun out of the game tough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom