• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chavelo said:
YESSSSS!

TF2-GAF, I have just acquired the hat I wanted for the Demoman to wear, which was the last class I didn't have a hat for.

Now, each class has a hat that I have deemed the most awesome for their respective bunch of hats:
Pyro = Old Guadalajara
Scout = Ye Olde Baker Boy
Soldier = Kabuto
Demo = Stuntman with Team Spirit
Medic = Ze Goggles
Sniper = Larrikin Robin
Spy = Fancy Fendora
Engineer = Hot Rod
Heavy = Hound Dog

Once I equipped the Stuntman, I then had this feeling of Deja Vu... the same feeling I had when I was done with WoW and needed to get rid of the account... D:

WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME
Nice selections. Right now my fav setups:

Pyro = Old Guadalajara
Scout = Bonk Boy for style, Milk Man for utility
Soldier = "Castro Swag" (see pic above) or Bills/Team Captain + Fancy Dress Uniform
Demo = Bills or Reggaelator
Medic = Planeswalker Helm or Geshia Boy
Sniper = Crocleather for style, Snaggletooth for utility
Spy = Chapeau for style, Fez for utility
Engineer = Texas Ten
Heavy = Team Captain + Security Shades or Big Chief

Fox318

Dreams-Visions said:
My new favorite hat/accessory combo.

ie3Maw.jpg

I call it, "Castro Swag." lol
Solder needs a track suit for it to really be Castro.

parasight

Chavelo said:
YESSSSS!

TF2-GAF, I have just acquired the hat I wanted for the Demoman to wear, which was the last class I didn't have a hat for.

Now, each class has a hat that I have deemed the most awesome for their respective bunch of hats:
Pyro = Old Guadalajara
Scout = Ye Olde Baker Boy
Soldier = Kabuto
Demo = Stuntman with Team Spirit
Medic = Ze Goggles
Sniper = Larrikin Robin
Spy = Fancy Fendora
Engineer = Hot Rod
Heavy = Hound Dog

Once I equipped the Stuntman, I then had this feeling of Deja Vu... the same feeling I had when I was done with WoW and needed to get rid of the account... D:

WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME

Was actually going to post something similar to this, asking what everyone felt was the coolest hat for each class. Right now my setup is almost all favorites (except Scout):

Pyro = Pyromancer's Mask (Olive)
Scout = Vintage Batter's Helm (Gold)
Soldier = Team Captain w/ Fancy Dress Uniform
Demo = Genuine Conjuror's Cowl
Medic = Team Captain w/ Blighted Beak
Sniper = Larrikin Robin
Spy = Detective Noir w/ Rogue's Col Roule
Engineer = Vintage Safe N' Sound (Olive) w/ Googly Gazer (Olive)
Heavy = Team Captain w/ Security Shades

Yeef

9dJmq.png

That sniper score is wrong. It must be from itemtest, which is stupid. Itemtest shouldn't log stats. Silly Valve.

Everything else should be accurate.

wartime1020 said:
I'd rather play no 5cp or PLR. There are enough payload, A/D, and koth to satisfy.

Blizzard said:
I pretty much agree with this. I far prefer payload or koth over ctf or 5cp. I like payload over payload race, and A/D somewhere around koth.
You're both awful. Payload and CTF share the prize for least-interesting modes.

yeoz

tf2_most_points.jpg

tf2_avg_points.jpg

I do think Average Points is a more interesting stat than Most Points, especially because Most Points can be so easily manipulated or accidentally screwed up.

froliq

the hours played are more interesting :p

Where's the GAF server located? I might join up since I've been up untill late in the night these days, but I normally stick to EU servers.

Yeef

wartime1020 said:
Well I agree with you on CTF, but I wouldn't lump it together with payload.

My performance report.
http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/594691738632024105/E02B1B1F3B0EFC22DEA7B2683F33748B94B02156/
My problem with both payload and CTF is that neither is very dynamic. With CTF the reason is mainly map design whereas with payload it's just the nature of the mode.

Also, I find it impossible to even imagine you playing medic. It's a surreal image.

froliq said:

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Yeef said:
My problem with both payload and CTF is that neither is very dynamic. With CTF the reason is mainly map design whereas with payload it's just the nature of the mode.

Also, I find it impossible to even imagine you playing medic. It's a surreal image.

There is a EU GAF server that recently opened up. You can get the info here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/eurogaftf2
Wartime krtized me while I was a sniper
Such a terribad medic :D

Acerac

Banned
FqZyz.png

Yup, I really love my Engy.

Note how my max points go down with characters that either require aim or are bad at cart pushing.

Yeef

I don't get you 1 classers. You're probably the same people that like playing the same 3 maps over and over and over.

Also, no one took me up on my last offer, so I'll post again. All of the uber items (including the mangler) are up for trade 1:1 with any other uber item (or space item) on my first page. I'm doing this strictly to help people complete their collections, so if I get no takers again I will assume everyone has the items they want already and just use them to make metal.

http://www.tf2b.com/yeef

Acerac

Banned
Well if they're just gonna turn in to metal otherwise I'll take the mangler off your hands.

I'll add you in a moment.

*Edit*

Thanks a lot Yeef. While I'm not as crazy hyped about the mangler as some seem to be, it is a nice weapon to pull out on occasion.

It is greatly appreciated.

About the single class thing, I had to make a conscious effort to stop playing Engy so much once I realized that my playtime with the class had eclipsed my playtime for all the other characters combined. Glad to see I'm not the only one with that problem for some classes!

Baha

Welp since everybody is sharing, I guess I'll post mine as well:

DzqnW.png

Nvm the points, that's what happens when you join a mario kart server.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Those 900 hours could be waiting for maps to load or get into servers. I also don't think Respawn time counts as time playing a character.

XeroSauce

Drkirby said:
Those 900 hours could be waiting for maps to load or get into servers. I also don't think Respawn time counts as time playing a character.

If I've spent nearly 90% of my TF2 time loading maps or respawning....I need to find a new game

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Soldier score is from tr_walkway. Stupid valve. Everything else is legit sides engie.
I think the Sniper and Pyro averages are messed up from Saxton Hale mod? No idea here.

wRhbs.jpg

pUBWO.jpg

commissar

Time to reset those stats so they're legit.
My stats were ruined by an offline bot test a while back so I reset them all the other week.

Also, killing a soldier medic combo by yourself as a medic is an awesome feeling. I now know why Java loves medic so much.

Also good luck rar!

Zomba13

So was the rocket ship stuff all just for the soldier's new toys? Seems kind of a waste being in three maps and teasing us just for more soldier stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom