• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chinner

Banned
Zomba13 said:
So was the rocket ship stuff all just for the soldier's new toys? Seems kind of a waste being in three maps and teasing us just for more soldier stuff.
Well the next pack gives the soldiers a medigun and then the next one gives sollys a spirit bomb attack

Chinner said:
Well the next pack gives the soldiers a medigun and then the next one gives sollys a spirit bomb attack

Apologies if posted before:

0FXNE.jpg

Acerac

Banned
Hazaro said:
Soldier score is from tr_walkway. Stupid valve. Everything else is legit sides engie.
I think the Sniper and Pyro averages are messed up from Saxton Hale mod? No idea here.

http://i.imgur.com/wRhbs.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/pUBWO.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
You average 20+ points per life through almost all classes?

o_o

Grinchy

Banned
I'm thinking about resetting my stats because of things like my Scout class having a longest life record of 46 minutes.

It just sucks to lose some of my more beastly sniper stats. I want to reset because of what's not legit, and I don't want to reset because of what is legit :(

Acerac

Banned
Sgt.Pepper said:
He has a fucking awesome PC with awesome FPS, and he is a good player. I believe.
His average points are only like 33% less than his max points for a number of classes. I'd expect they'd be higher considering having a 15/1 k/d ratio seems to be horrible for him.

Not saying that it's impossible to average 30 points a game as heavy. I'm just surprised that one could average over 30 points a game and have their max total on points be 44 given nearly 50 hours of play time.

I mean I average maybe 2 points per life with heavy and my max is nearly the same as his*. It just seems really odd is all.

Perhaps there is something I'm missing?

*OK not really nearly the same... a better phrasing would be not dwarfed be nearly the same amount as the average points per game is.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Acerac said:
His average points are only like 33% less than his max points for a number of classes. I'd expect they'd be higher considering having a 15/1 k/d ratio seems to be horrible for him.

Not saying that it's impossible to average 30 points a game as heavy. I'm just surprised that one could average over 30 points a game and have their max total on points be 44 given nearly 50 hours of play time.

I mean I average maybe 2 points per life with heavy and my max is nearly the same as his. It just seems really odd is all.
My average stats have to broken. Valve probably computes it in a really simple manner.

Acerac

Banned
Hazaro said:
My average stats have to broken. Valve probably computes it in a really simple manner.
OK that makes sense. You'd be the most consistent player I've ever heard of otherwise, never getting less than 20 points per stock but almost never getting 40.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Finally got the reserve shooter and i'm loving it.

I'm also slowly starting to warm to the direct hit after playing with it all weekend. When you actually hit targets it's awesome, you can do some great damage. When you miss them by a millimeter you want to punch small children. It's really a love and hate weapon.

I still seem to rack up the points and do more damage with the other launchers, Although i did some sweet middies with the DH which was nice.

Good lord. I've been playing on some F2P servers today and..it's just awful. Racist slurs and rape jokes galore. Now I remember why I usually just play on private servers and neogaf.

Prodigal

Banned
Been having a problem lately where after about an hour of play my game screen will start stuttering and go black...it lasts for about 30 seconds then resumes like nothing ever happened. Kind of annoying though since it seems like it really does happen every hour...any idea?

Vox-Pop

Contains Sucralose
anyone have any more advance weapons I can have (not sure if begging is allowed? I hate getting killed by one hit wonders. Only play with heavy or pyro. :)

Boonoo

In the grand majority of situations the default loadouts are either better than or equal to any of the new weapons.
Don't sweat not having new stuff.

Vox-Pop

Contains Sucralose
Boonoo said:
In the grand majority of situations the default loadouts are either better than or equal to any of the new weapons.
Don't sweat not having new stuff.
I've seen some really cool weapons. I don't care much about hats or uniforms. I just noticed that people kill me a lot more easier than I kill them.

BY2K

Membero Americo
I have a Scotch Bonnet to trade. It's a Demoman hat.

I'm asking for another hat in return. I play pretty much any classe, so that little detail doesn't matter.

Boonoo

Vox-Pop said:
I've seen some really cool weapons. I don't care much about hats or uniforms. I just noticed that people kill me a lot more easier than I kill them.
Yeah, a lot of the new weapons have a lot of flash. But in the end almost none of them are hands down better.

Acerac

Banned
I use more default loadout weapons than unlockable, despite having nearly all the weapons in the game available to me. Most new weapons you get will promote a very distinct playstyle that is typically less well rounded than what is natural to the class. While this isn't always the case (vanilla flamethrower is horrible for some reason) it happens more often than not.

Flashy doesn't necessarily mean good.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
rar said:
kuro and boonoo i am sorry i did not deliver victory to your hearts and minds
What the hell was your team doing?!

The other pocket kept forgetting to build uber and you had a lot of chances to finish them. Hope your teamworks on the last point push cause that secon round you lost cost you.

Bah, topped my team in points and we still lost, FOR FUCK'S SAKE LEARN TO DEAL WITH DOUCHE RINGER SPIES! I had to kill them on while I was on both teams. CHASE THEM DOWN YOU FOOLS!

Prodigal said:
Been having a problem lately where after about an hour of play my game screen will start stuttering and go black...it lasts for about 30 seconds then resumes like nothing ever happened. Kind of annoying though since it seems like it really does happen every hour...any idea?
Sounds like your graphics card crashed and recovered. What graphics card do you have?

Acerac said:
I use more default loadout weapons than unlockable, despite having nearly all the weapons in the game available to me. Most new weapons you get will promote a very distinct playstyle that is typically less well rounded than what is natural to the class. While this isn't always the case (vanilla flamethrower is horrible for some reason) it happens more often than not.

Flashy doesn't necessarily mean good.

I think the reason is that it does no damage. Backburner actually does some damage, while Degreaser doesn't do much damage but allows you to switch to Axetinguisher in the blink of an eye.

Acerac

Banned
It really needs to have its' base damage upped.

My confusion was less as to why people considered it underpowered and more as to why it has been left in this state.

Acerac said:
It really needs to have its' base damage upped.

My confusion was less as to why people considered it underpowered and more as to why it has been left in this state.

Nah. Pyro just needs to have faster movement speed. Degreaser/Axtinguisher is an awesome combo; just needs a little more mobility to make it more consistent.

Yeef

The problem has more to do with fire's actual mechanics more than anything. The way the flame particles work now is just way too wonky.

Fun Fact: Flame particles have lifetime falloff even when they're crits. It's the only weapon in the game where crits have fall off damage.

XeroSauce

I have for trade:
2x Wee Booties
Winger
Soda Popper
Tomislav
Battalion's Backup

For your offer. Don't need weapons, I'll take any metal.

Now that that's out of the way..

Does anyone else get really tense when they've survived for a long time or they have a really good killstreak? I know there's no reward for that but it's almost stressful living up to 10 minutes and past as Engineer, Medic, Spy etc.

Clydefrog

XeroSauce said:
Does anyone else get really tense when they've survived for a long time or they have a really good killstreak? I know there's no reward for that but it's almost stressful living up to 10 minutes and past as Engineer, Medic, Spy etc.

I play like shit whenever someone duels me. Utter shit.

If I duel someone though, I usually stand a chance. But the second I see the "xxx has challenged you to a duel!" I tense up and become horrible.

I'm really looking to get a tomislav. I have a bunch of spare stuff, Lag, solemn vow (2), atomic/3x jump bat(s), ambassador (2), a force of nature, and a bunch of other stuff I can't remember. Just let me know.

edit: xero, I saw your post. I have dupes I can make some metal (I think?) what would you need for the tomi?

XeroSauce said:
I have for trade:
2x Wee Booties
Winger
Soda Popper
Tomislav
Battalion's Backup

All I've got is a scrap right now (until the reset), but I'd like a Wee Booties if it fits your price. Of course, I'm in Asia right now, so the timezone stuff might not work out. Let me know.

Hylian7

XeroSauce said:
I have for trade:
2x Wee Booties
Winger
Soda Popper
Tomislav
Battalion's Backup

A scrap for Soda Popper?

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Seeing these scores makes me feel terrible :/

my best score is as demoman, 13 pts.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Dreams-Visions said:
Gotta start somewhere.
Yeah but I've already played 30 hours.

Anyways, I just now tried changing my mouse sensitivity. Dropped it from like 2.56 to 2.00, and on my first life as a sniper, I got 6 points (my previous best was 4... yeah, 4, in roughly 2 hours of logged time as a sniper), so maybe that was the problem.

derFeef

GaimeGuy said:
Yeah but I've already played 30 hours.

Anyways, I just now tried changing my mouse sensitivity. Dropped it from like 2.56 to 2.00, and on my first life as a sniper, I got 6 points (my previous best was 4... yeah, 4, in roughly 2 hours of logged time as a sniper), so maybe that was the problem.
You get points for a lot of things, though. Headshots are two points, two assists are one point, defending a CP/pushing the bomb gives also extra points while attacking etc.

So is there cheating/glitching in this game?

Came up against a bloke in our last match, Nickdude something-or-rather, who as a Spy, was camping our spawn. Had little trouble mowing him down straight out of the gates as a Heavy - but literally 2 seconds later (and after registering the kill on my screen), he'd be alive again and knifing me in the back.

Other teammates as well as my mate on the headset were both seeing it too.

Can't be lag as it registered the kill as well as delay between kills and getting killed being anywhere between 2 and 5 seconds.

Or is this some Spy ability I don't know about?!

derFeef

-Deadpool- said:

Came up against a bloke in our last match, Nickdude something-or-rather, who as a Spy, was camping our spawn. Had little trouble mowing him down straight out of the gates as a Heavy - but literally 2 seconds later (and after registering the kill on my screen), he'd be alive again and knifing me in the back.

Can't be lag as it registered the kill as well as delay between kills and getting killed being anywhere between 2 and 5 seconds.

You experienced the Dead Ringer!

-Deadpool- said:

Dead Ringer. Infuriating little device, tbh.

They should have named it "Paranoia" because you never feel sure a spy is dead. You don't necessarially know if he was dead ringing at the moment you killed him or not. Only sure way is if a Pyro lit him on fire. Otherwise, you're going to be looking over your shoulder for the next 5 -7 seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom