• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeef

Grimm Fandango said:
DR is just a pain in the ass now. I mean it always was but it's worse than ever now.
Brrt?

Other than adding the enforcer it hasn't been changed at all in a long time. Back when it was first released it was much, much worse. I'm too lazy to find that old goldrush video of a spy surviving for like 5 minutes on 1 dead ring even with 2 or 3 people chasing him (including a pyro), but this video demonstrates how broken it was pretty well: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5fLJ68sQfw

Acerac said:
DR makes Valve servers awesome.

"Good job mr. sniper! I'm sure that single hit from your SMG has finished me off. Go back to looking out that window..."
I mean, obviously, you had a huge ordeal getting to the sniper. So naturally, it's safe to assume you were at a sliver of health. Surely they can resume back to sniping duties and expose their delicious back.

Yeef said:
Brrt?

Other than adding the enforcer it hasn't been changed at all in a long time. Back when it was first released it was much, much worse. I'm too lazy to find that old goldrush video of a spy surviving for like 5 minutes on 1 dead ring even with 2 or 3 people chasing him (including a pyro), but this video demonstrates how broken it was pretty well: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5fLJ68sQfw

Maybe I phrased it wrong. But it has been getting beefed up ever since its release.

http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Dead_ringer#Update_history

XeroSauce

Grimm Fandango said:
Maybe I phrased it wrong. But it has been getting beefed up ever since its release.

http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Dead_ringer#Update_history

That's only because it was broken early on, when players could take a hit, and instantly decloak and recover enough cloak in 0.1 seconds to chain DR.

The other buffs, ragdolls realism and ammo pickup, were to accommodate for the horrible feign death animations and for the fact that IW could pick up ammo.

The decloak sound? I remember hearing the decloak sound from across the TF2 bridge when the Spy was INSIDE the building. That's how loud it was.

commissar said:
I always do the greyed name scoreboard trick for spies, but I suppose it would be easier if I noticed my KDR. I usually don't pay attention to it lol.

I would be interested in the Flamethrower. What are you looking for?
Baha said:
What are you looking for in exchange for your strange ambassador?
Im looking for metal mostly, also for a Strange rocket launcher. Both of you add me and tell me which you want. giancarlo123x

I can't get people that use DR with no disguise. I mean, anyone with a brain (shut up Kuro, I know that's not the case 90% of the time) will know you are a DR Spy when you go around with no disguise and the Familiar Fez. At least for me they are really easy to spot.

Yasae

Banned
Mafro said:
Hottie's Hoodie is my favourite piece of head gear.

DF21EBF3D4118EC34163C9FC5666C999E9AEC2CB
1r9Vx.jpg

Now you can look like Noomi Rapace! Only at MannCo™!!!!

XeroSauce

Hazaro said:
You uncloak behind or on top of the sentry and strafe it so it doesn't kill you.

Or just stab someone first. The Fez makes it so easy.

Yea, but still losing your disguise doesn't make you invulnerable to sentries. You aren't always going to be right next to them, and they are usually near a chokepoint, i.e. the Engineer + buddies nearby.

The YER works beautifully if you get a disguise first, but that's just it, you need to disguise first.

Yeef

Remember when Valve sponsored a highlander tournament and said everyone who participated would get medals and we had a NeoGAF team?

No?

Too long ago to remember, you say?

Well, guess what? Apparently the medals were added to the item schema earlier today.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Yeef said:
Remember when Valve sponsored a highlander tournament and said everyone who participated would get medals and we had a NeoGAF team?

No?

Well, guess what? Apparently the medals were added to the item schema earlier today.
I wonder if I will get one, since I at the last second become a ringer, which technically broke the rules.

Yeef

Drkirby said:
I wonder if I will get one, since I at the last second become a ringer, which technically broke the rules.
You'll get your steam account disabled and Nintendo will code every future Kirby game in such a way that you can't play them.

That's what happens when you don't follow the rules!

I think I need to stop playing Engineer for a while in Turbine. For some reason, all the other Engineers always gravitate towards me and build their shit right next to mine (sometimes literally). I try to protest and I get laughed at.

;jrbyuioawefuhiw345hu9[gvrbuo;

Zerokku said:
Looking around, the Heavy has a pretty shitty selection of decent hats all things considered.

I bought the Jaws the other night to go premium.

Really had no interest in any of the Heavy hats, didn't like any of them. Shame.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
XeroSauce said:
Touque, Ushanka, Hound Dog, Team Captain, Rag?

The Sniper has worst then him.

The only ones I like are Ushanka, Big Chief and TC.

Thinking of trying to nab myself a Green Energy Ushanka unusual somehow.

Professor Beef said:
I think I need to stop playing Turbine.

There you go.

jdogmoney said:
But the Sniper has the Larrikan Robin, which is the only hat he needs.

It's a crime it's not paintable yet. They even have Styles now to compensate for the choice of painting the feather vs the cap, maybe a third for the whole thing.

Boonoo

Yeef said:

No?

Well well. The Wiggly Ladies will finally get what's coming to them.

talking about DR spy Play, I finished my Spy Outfit when I got a "Familiar Fez" today for 2 ref and then proceeded to paint my "Rouge's Col Roule" Pink! :D

Ready to Troll it up like the best on the GAF server soon!

derFeef

I got a spy hat yesterday (Fancy Fedora) - I have no need for it. Is the TF2 trading post safe? I am not sure I want to use that.

mojiimbo

derFeef said:
I got a spy hat yesterday (Fancy Fedora) - I have no need for it. Is the TF2 trading psot safe? I am not sure I want to use that.
What did you want for it?

Edit: Nevermind, misread it as Familiar Fez.

Acerac

Banned
derFeef said:
I got a spy hat yesterday (Fancy Fedora) - I have no need for it. Is the TF2 trading post safe? I am not sure I want to use that.
It's safe in my experience. I've made some good trades using the site. That being said, what are you looking for for it? My spy needs a hat and I have metal/hats/unusuals to spare.

Rickenslacker said:
I mean, obviously, you had a huge ordeal getting to the sniper. So naturally, it's safe to assume you were at a sliver of health. Surely they can resume back to sniping duties and expose their delicious back.

*Drools thinking about it*

derFeef

Acerac said:
It's safe in my experience. I've made some good trades using the site. That being said, what are you looking for for it? My spy needs a hat and I have metal/hats/unusuals to spare.
Heh, I am not sure that hat is worth that much and I am not really looking for something special.

My Demoman could need a fancy hairdress besides the slick Tam O Shanter. A Merryweather or a Goggly Gazer would also be nice to have.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
XeroSauce said:
Yea, but still losing your disguise doesn't make you invulnerable to sentries. You aren't always going to be right next to them, and they are usually near a chokepoint, i.e. the Engineer + buddies nearby.

The YER works beautifully if you get a disguise first, but that's just it, you need to disguise first.
I forgot to mention if there is a sentry then I'm just demoman. Then there's no more sentry.

Since that is the best class in TF2 and can do everything.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Sgt.Pepper said:
I can't get people that use DR with no disguise. I mean, anyone with a brain (shut up Kuro, I know that's not the case 90% of the time) will know you are a DR Spy when you go around with no disguise and the Familiar Fez. At least for me they are really easy to spot.
Cause DR is OP.

I remember on Gorge heavy killed DR Fez, and he kept looking around for the spy (I was med), dude dropped his DR and was hiding a few feet away and backstabbed the heavy. I still got him, but again, it's stupid if I know a spy is there but there's nothing I can do if he can pop up quietly behind me and instakill me.

XeroSauce

Hazaro said:
I forgot to mention if there is a sentry then I'm just demoman. Then there's no more sentry.

Since that is the best class in TF2 and can do everything.

I can't agree with you any harder.

EDIT: Then again we have a soldier that can heal himself and others, do crits on demand, block crits on demand, sap, burn, increase speed, cap twice as fast, move almost at Scout speed, goomba stomp, and destroy any building in two hits

In other news, anyone else get a Uber Update Day 5 blog post in their reader?

Grokbu

I opened an idle account the other day and I decided I'd try it out with sandboxie now.
I'm using the trial version of sandboxie, and everytime I'm trying to log in to Steam, after about 30 seconds after clicking the LOGIN button, I get this error message:

SBIE2327 Error in COM server: [31 / 258]

In sandbox settings, I've unchecked drop rights from administrators and power user groups and added the Steam directory to full access.

Does anyone know if there's a solution to this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom