• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mafro

Tkawsome said:
Okay. Just verified and it's just sitting at 100% in the progress bar. Not sure if that's how it normally works, but I didn't get any messages or anything. Now what?
Leave it at that, sometimes it takes a while.

Pirabear

Banned
For the Mac users that didn't get the update yet, consider yourself lucky. Not only can I not play, I can't even use chat. My girlfriend has the exact same problem.

Zomba13

Boonoo said:
My trouble with it was that it would turn red when I died, but while alive it was always blue. So I guess this fixes that. Was yours actually red while alive?
Yup. Since the uber update my stuff was red all the time, no matter the team (even testing the other team paints in item test. Always the red teams colour)

I checked a bit ago and it is indeed fixed. Now I think I need to hunt down some team coloured paint for my Scout Shoes. I like them purple but I think I'd like red/blue more.

XeroSauce

divisionbyzorro said:
So does the Soda Popper not suck anymore?

Correct. They fixed it's crappy short range damage from 100% or whatever it was to 175%. So it can now do 105 damage as point blank with one shot.

brentech said:
They've 'fixed' the Mangler like 6 times already.

It was actually quite broken, literally. THe reload times were off, the damage ramp up was retardedly high.

Dreams-Visions said:
damage ramp up?

Each weapon does more damage up close (ramp up) and less damage afar (damage fallout) to balance out the classes. The Mangler had a huge rampup, something it wasn't supposed to have, giving it crazy damage up close, while the Soda Popper had less then intended ramp-up.

So in summary:
Cow Mangler Nerf
Soda Popper Buff
Tourney Medals added in game
Replays take up less hard drive space

XeroSauce said:
Correct. They fixed it's crappy short range damage from 100% or whatever it was to 175%. So it can now do 105 damage as point blank with one shot.

It was actually quite broken, literally. THe reload times were off, the damage ramp up was retardedly high.

Each weapon does more damage up close (ramp up) and less damage afar (damage fallout) to balance out the classes. The Mangler had a huge rampup, something it wasn't supposed to have, giving it crazy damage up close, while the Soda Popper had less then intended ramp-up.

So in summary:
Cow Mangler Nerf
Soda Popper Buff

Sweet guess I'm gonna use scout more often then.

XeroSauce said:

So in summary:
Cow Mangler Nerf
Soda Popper Buff
ah! I wasn't familiar with the terms. I didn't realize the close-range damage was so great.

Clydefrog

Played some TFC tonight :D

XD5fi.jpg

I told them, "I play TF2"
gaDEH.jpg

Acerac

Banned
ArtistDude88 said:
Because the game is starting to make me rage a lot more often... And I don't like it. I consider myself a pretty laid back guy :|
The key is to remember that there is always another server a couple of clicks away.

If I ever feel like raging at my team mates who don't know how to play or dumbasses spouting off nonsense in voice chat, I just leave. Quite possibly the best feature in this game, you never have to play with people who are making your gaming experience less pleasant.

Oreoleo

ArtistDude88 said:
Because the game is starting to make me rage a lot more often... And I don't like it. I consider myself a pretty laid back guy :|

So play other games instead.

You don't have to quit the game just take a few weeks off or don't play every day/every other day. It's not so hard.

Yeef

Clydefrog said:
I told them, "I play TF2"
gaDEH.jpg
Bacon plays tf2 and tfc simultaneously!

Orellio said:
So play other games instead.

You don't have to quit the game just take a few weeks off or don't play every day/every other day. It's not so hard.
yeah. This is the best way to do it. Just have some self-control. I was feeling the same way last week, so i skipped TF2 in favor of some other games (I finally finished Recettear). The break was enough for me to get my mojo back.

Oreoleo

ArtistDude88 said:
But... There are no other games I want to play atm... I would force myself to play some games in my backlog, but I don't want to.

I see you've only played 1 hour of STALKER.

I'll just leave it at that.

Yeef

ArtistDude88 said:
But... There are no other games I want to play atm... I would force myself to play some games in my backlog, but I don't want to.
It's common to feel that way whenever you're starting a new project. Then once you start you begin to get involved in it. Just start or continue a random game in your backlog and play it for a half hour. Chances are you'll start to get into it by then (as long as it's not Okami, since the opening cutscene is like 4 hours).

A very great many updates have happened since I last played regularly, but how do some people have their weapons named? Like "positively inhumane shotgun" and "somewhat threatening rocket launcher"?

Yeef said:
It's common to feel that way whenever you're starting a new project. Then once you start you begin to get involved in it. Just start or continue a random game in your backlog and play it for a half hour. Chances are you'll start to get into it by then (as long as it's not Okami, since the opening cutscene is like 4 hours).
Pffft, tell that to poor old Mass Effect that I've started 3 times and couldn't finish :p

Im_So_Pringles said:
A very great many updates have happened since I last played regularly, but how do some people have their weapons named? Like "positively inhumane shotgun" and "somewhat threatening rocket launcher"?
Strange weapons

And there are name tags

XeroSauce

ArtistDude88 said:
It'll always start off slow and sometimes, right before you hit Play on another game, you think about using a different pyro set or trying out soldier for a bit and you get sucked back in.

But once you put a few more games into your reach, it'll feel better to have a few days off TF2 and just chill with Recettear or Stalker or Just Cause or Alice, whatever.

Thanks for the help!

Also, I'm glad to see that even though the player base has grown a lot since I last played, I still absolutely destroy as a soldier. Played a good 2 hours tonight and I feel like I steamrolled everything in my way ;)

Seeing that Team Fortress Classic screenshot gives me some SERIOUS nostalgia. Might have to install it once more just to take a break from the fucking hat collection simulator that is TF2.

Clydefrog

24FrameDaVinci said:
Seeing that Team Fortress Classic screenshot gives me some SERIOUS nostalgia. Might have to install it once more just to take a break from the fucking hat collection simulator that is TF2.

Dude, it's really fun. Let me know when you play and I'll join you.

BTW, commissar bacon and I just played the most hilarious round of nucleus ever. Just the two of us.

desh

so, in some youtube videos, i've seen some HUDS where the damage done to an enemy is displayed on the HUD rather than on the player that you've damaged. I downloaded a custom HUD, which I thought would have this. Does anyone know how to get this? Is there a console variable that needs to be used?

desh said:
so, in some youtube videos, i've seen some HUDS where the damage done to an enemy is displayed on the HUD rather than on the player that you've damaged. I downloaded a custom HUD, which I thought would have this. Does anyone know how to get this? Is there a console variable that needs to be used?
Advanced Options.

Just tick the appropriate box.

Acerac

Banned
Dreams-Visions said:
Advanced Options.

Just tick the appropriate box.
Once you tick that box you'll never go back. :)

*Edit*

If you're anything like me you'll also want the sounds on when you hit people. It makes dying as an engineer feel so much better as you hear all your damage against the opposition as you run back.

DINGDINGDINGDINGDINGDINGDINGDING

So obnoxious. But at the same time so damn awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom