• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this isn't on GAF, but it made me laugh.
GIAbW.jpg

DarkKyo

Chavelo said:
FLUTTERSHY! ZOMG!

Err, I mean...

What the fuck? Get that shit outta my TF2, amirite guys?
You are right. People who like ponies need to be playing Hello Kitty Island Adventure instead.

K6vyx.jpg

If any of you have participated in a tournament recently that promised medals, all of them were just added to the Schema and will probably be added to the game proper tonight

DarkKyo

Slair said:
w00t, finally, medals :D They apparently look like the limited soldier ones from ages ago.
I think those are the placeholder images.

Speaking of medals we need those custom image badges, Valve!

Acerac

Banned
Amazing how the TF2 and pony communities cross over.

Some people dislike it. Others, me for example, find it as a selling point for the game!

derFeef said:
Heh, I am not sure that hat is worth that much and I am not really looking for something special.

My Demoman could need a fancy hairdress besides the slick Tam O Shanter. A Merryweather or a Goggly Gazer would also be nice to have.

The only demo helm I have is a sober stuntsman, and I'm pretty sure the fedora is worth a bit more. I only see it as vintage on the google pricing site, so I'm not sure what the next best place of reference would be.

Yeef

Acerac said:
The only demo helm I have is a sober stuntsman, and I'm pretty sure the fedora is worth a bit more. I only see it as vintage on the google pricing site, so I'm not sure what the next best place of reference would be.
It's 2-3 refined according to that list.

That seems high to me though, considering it's been in crates and it's in the 99 cent spy starter pack.

Kuro Madoushi said:
Cause DR is OP.

I remember on Gorge heavy killed DR Fez, and he kept looking around for the spy (I was med), dude dropped his DR and was hiding a few feet away and backstabbed the heavy. I still got him, but again, it's stupid if I know a spy is there but there's nothing I can do if he can pop up quietly behind me and instakill me.

Sounds more like the DR is OP with the Fez.

derFeef

Acerac said:

Some people dislike it. Others, me for example, find it as a selling point for the game!

Sober Stuntsman would be awesome but the Fedora is not worth that much I guess. I could add some metal, though :D

AcciDante

derFeef said:
Heh, I am not sure that hat is worth that much and I am not really looking for something special.

My Demoman could need a fancy hairdress besides the slick Tam O Shanter. A Merryweather or a Goggly Gazer would also be nice to have.
I don't know the value of the hats, but I'll trade you my Merryweather that I never wear for your Fedora.

Acerac

Banned
derFeef said:
Sober Stuntsman would be awesome but the Fedora is not worth that much I guess. I could add some metal, though :D
I didn't realize the fedora came with the starter pack. No complaints here as I prefer to not spend money on my main account at this point.

My Steam ID is the same as my GAF ID. Feel free to add me in steam or PM me so we can work out the details.

*Edit*

If you wanna go for the hat you were originally looking for from AcciDante that's cool too.

AtomHeart

Neo Member
I have a Big Steel Jaw of Summer Fun (heavy) and a Whoopee Cap (scout) to trade away, I'd prefer to trade them for Engineer or Demo misc items or hats though :D

Acerac

Banned
Uriah said:
I disagree.

Playing with a team with 4 spies is infuriating.
*Switches teams, goes pyro*

Or, if it is 4 snipers on my team I change to spy.

Usually that fixes the problem.

Yeef said:
Nothing more infuriating than playing with a team full of bad players.

Dammit engy why are you making your max level buildings by our base and never moving them. We're on offense and you've not moved from this spot for 5 minutes STOP PLAYING ENGINEER. :(

*I assume those who do this are bots*

explodet

Acerac said:
There's crossovers between lots of communities and TF2. Ponies, furries, individual 4chan boards, various other -chans, I've seen tons.

Although I did find it rather harrowing being killed by The Great and Powerful Trixie.

On another note, Degroot Keep is stupid, stupid fun.

Out of desperation (and because there were 4 Engineers already on the team, wtf), I decided to play Medic and I had a lot of fun doing it. Any advice on how to play them?

derFeef

Acerac said:
I didn't realize the fedora came with the starter pack. No complaints here as I prefer to not spend money on my main account at this point.

My Steam ID is the same as my GAF ID. Feel free to add me in steam or PM me so we can work out the details.

*Edit*

If you wanna go for the hat you were originally looking for from AcciDante that's cool too.

I might go with the Merryweather, thanks anyway! :)

Boonoo

Professor Beef said:
Out of desperation (and because there were 4 Engineers already on the team, wtf), I decided to play Medic and I had a lot of fun doing it. Any advice on how to play them?
Don't heal heavies--soldiers and demos are better. Don't use the quick fix. Pop it, don't drop it.

I like the quick fix =(. Though I do agree if you are the only medic you should be using the uber gun. In a best case situation: 2 medics, one with quick fix to heal multiple allies and one with uber to push the assault.

XeroSauce

Boonoo said:
Don't heal heavies--soldiers and demos are better. Don't use the quick fix. Pop it, don't drop it.

That doesn't mean forget them completely, of course, just don't become their butt-buddy, everyone needs the heals.

Pay attention to your surrounds, you are the spy-checker and the callout player. You tell your teammates what's happening. You save your Soldier from that Spy. You pay attention to the poor Scout on fire flailing in front of you.

And then you win the game. There is nothing more integral to winning then a good medic.

Boonoo

XeroSauce said:
That doesn't mean forget them completely, of course, just don't become their butt-buddy, everyone needs the heals.
Heavies don't; they're dumb.
ibXI1U.gif

In a best case situation: 2 medics, one with quick fix to heal multiple allies and one with uber to push the assault.
With two medics two proper ubers or an uber+kritz will beat uber+quick fix. Good uber flashing will do much more than some quick healing, and quick fix is destroyed by kritz.

Edit: mainly I think the quickfix is just under powered when confronted with other stuff. Maybe if they buffed it a bit. The speed bonus only happens when you're healing scouts, so that's pretty dumb. Over healing is essential for allowing soldiers and demos to safely jump around the map, so unless they have the quick fix act as a tether or something it really isn't doing all that much.

Forkball

Chinner said:
so isn't it possible tonight that we may get another weapon pack?
It's pretty rare for them to upload a new weapon before the drop count resets. I was surprised we didn't get another Mangler patch yesterday though, I thought one was coming to fix the damage buff.

AND THERE ARE NO MORE GROCKET PACKS DEAL WITH IT.

Yeef

Well, we're almost certainly getting a patch tonight. They have to add the medals and fix the mangler. What else will be included remains to be seen.

Yeef

So new players may be pretty bad at the game, but it seems a lot of them just go engineer on defense. Just played a round on goldrush and other than 1 pyro and 1 demo I was the only attack class as a soldier. With the exception of 1 medic and 1 sniper the rest of the team was engineers. It's so easy to defend when you've got like 5 or 6 sentries on second point of the first map. Especially since BLU didn't have a tele until near the end of the game and I'd just push forward and eliminate their medic before he could even get to the front lines.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Boonoo said:
Heavies don't; they're dumb.
ibXI1U.gif

With two medics two proper ubers or an uber+kritz will beat uber+quick fix. Good uber flashing will do much more than some quick healing, and quick fix is destroyed by kritz.

Edit: mainly I think the quickfix is just under powered when confronted with other stuff. Maybe if they buffed it a bit. The speed bonus only happens when you're healing scouts, so that's pretty dumb. Over healing is essential for allowing soldiers and demos to safely jump around the map, so unless they have the quick fix act as a tether or something it really isn't doing all that much.
Another comp player hatin on the quick shit.

I wish people would stop using it. There isn't anything it does vastly better.

Is the EU server still being used? I saw some people on it earlier, joined and it seemed like some randoms, I killed a heavy and medic combo several times and they rage quitted.

Professor Beef said:

I also have a question for those experienced with medic: Let's say I'm in a a battle with 6 other teammates. A heavy, demoman, two soldiers, a spy, and a pyro. They are all at 40% health. Which class should get priority in which situations, and how much do I heal them before moving on to the next class?

Is this just something you learn to get a feel for?

Also the quick fix does have one thing going for it: Superior healing sound. I fucking LOVE the sound it makes when active.

Acerac

Banned
I'm glad we've gotten on this subject, because as a new player I must admit ignorance here.

Why would I want to use anything but the Uber medic gun? I understand that the other guns charge faster, but their effects seem so weak in comparison that (to my unexperienced eyes) they seem crappy at best.

I can remember numerous times being followed by a medic with full ubercharge to the frontlines, they pop kritzkreig... and I can't push past the sentry defense because the healing isn't nearly significant enough and I get no bonus damage against sentries anyways. Or I get a kritz popped on me and the opponent pops an uber in response. I guess that means we run now? Thanks for the charge though I guess?

Also, I like ubering heavies over soldiers at times solely due to ammo. It happened to me as a soldier the other day on the last point in a payload map, I get ubered as a soldier with 2 rockets left. OK I guess that means I pop out my shotgun for the last few seconds. Not the end of the world. Oh wait I got another uber right after the first ended with no chance to reload? Well this is going to be awkward.

Once again, total scrub viewpoint, just looking to learn here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom