• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clydefrog

Acerac said:
Once you tick that box you'll never go back. :)

*Edit*

If you're anything like me you'll also want the sounds on when you hit people. It makes dying as an engineer feel so much better as you hear all your damage against the opposition as you run back.

DINGDINGDINGDINGDINGDINGDINGDING

So obnoxious. But at the same time so damn awesome.

Yeah... I leave all of that off. I have enough dings/dongs to deal with already! I cannot imagine more being any better.

I can't imagine playing the game without damage sounds and numerical indicators anymore. They're so helpful. Especially when you set the damage sounds to have high and low pitches based on damage.

Clydefrog said:
Yeah... I leave all of that off. I have enough dings/dongs to deal with already! I cannot imagine more being any better.
turning on the sounds when you hit people lets you know if you've shot a dead-ringing spy because he doesn't make the shot sound.

fyi.

Acerac

Banned
Clydefrog said:
As you main sniper I'd not think it'd be too crazy for you. For all of us who play engy/pyro:
DINGDINGDINGDINGDINGDINGDINGDINGDINGDING

If I didn't drink before playing I'd probably not love it. As I typically do drink before using said classes... DINGDINGDINGDINGDINGDINGDINGDINGDINGDING

Acerac

Banned
EmCeeGramr said:
I probably shouldn't have enjoyed this as much as I did, considering I've already seen this clip. I've never seen it this well placed, however.

Hurray for dumping a spare medic helm for a detective noir; that leaves me with 7 classes without class specific hats. Thankfully the proof of purchase/recruit a friend glasses look so good on many of my most played classes. Soon I'll be able to properly play Hat Fortress 2.

MarkMclovin said:
Trading 2 keys for 4.66 Refined if anyone is interested. I need to get into this hat collecting malarkey!
how bout we do a trade....

edit: nm i already traded the metal away for keys at a discount... sorry

divisionbyzorro said:
For what it's worth, you can probably just straight up buy hats with those keys.

Do you mean by trading or by opening up the crates? So far, all I've had from crates are strange weapons.

Also, what are bills? I see that earbuds are worth 2xbills.

EDIT - Oh I see bills is Bills Hat? And they are worth 13 refined? Jesus.

MarkMclovin said:
Do you mean by trading or by opening up the crates? So far, all I've had from crates are strange weapons.

Also, what are bills? I see that earbuds are worth 2xbills.

EDIT - Oh I see bills is Bills Hat? And they are worth 13 refined? Jesus.

I mean by trading. Keys are a form of currency as much as refined, buds, and bills.

Moobabe

Does anyone have one of those scatterguns which tracks your kills? Scout is the only class I play so I don't mind trading away lots of stuff for it.

Sibylus

Banned
The damage indicator text is really useful and just feels good, but I've never quite worked myself up to turning on damage sounds. I don't want to lose the "shit yeeeeeeah" noise of minicrits and crits in a carpet of dings, so the only way I'd go for those were if they were really, really understated (like a soft ping or something).

DarkKyo

Botolf said:
The damage indicator text is really useful and just feels good, but I've never quite worked myself up to turning on damage sounds. I don't want to lose the "shit yeeeeeeah" noise of minicrits and crits in a carpet of dings, so the only way I'd go for those were if they were really, really understated (like a soft ping or something).
I'd recommend changing the TF2 ding to the L4D2 ding.. it's softer. Either way you don't lose crit noises.

Also if you really want badass crit noises I highly recommend this sound mod.
http://www.gamebanana.com/sounds/7006
All the sounds from "Meet the Sniper" used as crit/domination noises. You feel pretty badass when you get these crits.

Chinner

Banned
Dechaios said:
I'd recommend changing the TF2 ding to the L4D2 ding.. it's softer. Either way you don't lose crit noises.

Also if you really want badass crit noises I highly recommend this sound mod.
http://www.gamebanana.com/sounds/7006
All the sounds from "Meet the Sniper" used as crit/domination noises. You feel pretty badass when you get these crits.
thats pretty amazing, might have to use this.

yeoz

Yeef said:
Probably for fixing the Mac crash-to-desktop when connecting to a server.
This has happened a few times before on the Mac with other updates too.
It's like they do no regression testing and absolutely zero QA testing. (Which shouldn't come as a surprise, I guess.)

derFeef

I am not a fan of the ding ding dings. But I was on a server yesertday where it played a "Halleluja" choral sound whenever I killed a Spy with my Pyro. Which is weird because I have custom file download off and I cleared that files lately.

Yeef

derFeef said:
I am not a fan of the ding ding dings. But I was on a server yesertday where it played a "Halleluja" choral sound whenever I killed a Spy with my Pyro. Which is weird because I have custom file download off and I cleared that files lately.
When you do the equalizer taunt with the lumbricius lid on it makes the hallelujah sound, so it's not a custom sound.

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
Blizzard said:
By the way, I don't remember HL2.exe crashing on exit yesterday, for the first time in months. Maybe they actually fixed it.

Nah mine crashed yesterday on exit. Doesn't bother me though.

Yeef

Mine too.

Something that they seem to have fixed which i never even saw mentioned though; before whenever I'd start up TF2 my first time going to any item screen (backpack, loadout, etc.) it wouldn't load. Canceling and going back in would fix it.

That doesn't happen anymore.

On the downside, it looks like they've gotten rid of the transparent item attribute panes. They're back to being solid for me. makes moving things in the backpack annoying. For comparison:
Transparent
Opaque

derFeef

Mine did not crash on exit since I started playing again with the Uber Update.
Yeef said:
When you do the equalizer taunt with the lumbricius lid on it makes the hallelujah sound, so it's not a custom sound.
Ah, I knew it sounded familiar. I actually liked it when it happened although I am not a big fan of custom sounds.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Moobabe said:
Any strange scatterguns around?

I have one. Haven't found anything I've wanted to trade it for

Actually found some good hat deals, but been beaten to the punch. God this thing is valuable it seems

AcciDante

Zerokku said:

Actually found some good hat deals, but been beaten to the punch. God this thing is valuable it seems
Yeah, you can get some good prices for strange main weapons, like knife/rocket launcher/minigun/scattergun, but they're kind of a pain in the ass to sell.

Goddammit. I should be doing 1 of a 100 other things I have to do... but tonight I'm going to be playing mad TFC. Installing now... oh and done installing. Cool. Anyone want to join me tonight?

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Just traded a Strange shotgun and ambassador for a V. Stainless Pot. Not bad. Especially since Strange Shotgun seems to have dropped in value lately.

SteveWinwood said:
Goddammit. I should be doing 1 of a 100 other things I have to do... but tonight I'm going to be playing mad TFC. Installing now... oh and done installing. Cool. Anyone want to join me tonight?
Man, TFC is depressing to jump into. Last time I was on there was literally ONE server with human population. And it was a 2fort 24/7 server with some added mod in there for powerups or something.

I'd be down with playing more of that if it had any life in it whatsoever.

Clydefrog

SteveWinwood said:

Yeah, I'm in. But it's tough to find a server with actual players instead of bots. The place I was at last night (www.tfcgaschamber.com) had a decent amount of players. But beware the rampant racism!

Hey guys,

I'm looking for any of the following:

Mann Co. Crate #25
Winger
Liberty Launcher
Market Gardener
Detonator
Mann Co. Crate #25
Splendid Screen
Persian Persuader
Tomislav
Mann Co. Crate #25
Family Business
Overdose
Mann Co. Crate #25
Quick-Fix
Solemn Vow
Shahanshah
Enforcer
Big Earner
Mann Co. Crate #25

I'm mostly interested in the #25 crates, though, because truthfully, want those Strange Pyro weapons bad, lol. The rest is just weapons I don't have yet from the new drops, but I'm in no rush to add all of them yet.

Also: I'm back home from SDCC, so I should be able to give out the codes later tonight. I'm thinking of doing a random raffle because I don't have enough for everyone and it seems the fairest way to do it.

NihonTiger90 said:
Hey guys,

I'm looking for any of the following:

Mann Co. Crate #25
Winger
Liberty Launcher
Market Gardener
Detonator
Mann Co. Crate #25
Splendid Screen
Persian Persuader
Tomislav
Mann Co. Crate #25
Family Business
Overdose
Mann Co. Crate #25
Quick-Fix
Solemn Vow
Shahanshah
Enforcer
Big Earner
Mann Co. Crate #25

I'm mostly interested in the #25 crates, though, because truthfully, want those Strange Pyro weapons bad, lol. The rest is just weapons I don't have yet from the new drops, but I'm in no rush to add all of them yet.

Also: I'm back home from SDCC, so I should be able to give out the codes later tonight. I'm thinking of doing a random raffle because I don't have enough for everyone and it seems the fairest way to do it.

I got a #25 crate. But I think the item server is currently MIA.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/gpgrimm/

Moobabe

Zerokku said:

Damn. I don't have much to trade - I'm banking on someone's insane generosity :p

what do you want for some of that stuff anyway?

Like I was looking for the Golf Club and a Larrikin Robin, but all I have are hats you already have and weapons you already have tons of

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom