• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure this is probably a very rare case, but is anyone playing TF2 on the newest, lowest end Macbook Pro? I can't seem to find good settings that allows the game to run at at least 60FPS.

Acerac

Banned
Somebody posted a config a while ago that allows for awesome FPS... at the expense of characters having eyes or facial animations. Was rather freaky.

Customizable though, so you can still get some nice FPS by applying the parts that aren't so disturbing.

*Edit*

Can't find it. Anyone mind reposting?

*Edit2*

Is anyone else unable to access their typical loadouts? Even if the item server can't be contacted usually I get to at least keep the weapons I had on. Now I'm stuck with vanilla classes. Not the end of the world, but I wanted some DR spy fun.

Acerac

Banned
Drkirby said:
He said he wanted good settings, not his game to looks like it should be on a PS1.
Which is why you pick the high frame config and not the max frame config.

Thanks for posting it by the way.

Sibylus

Banned
Dechaios said:
I'd recommend changing the TF2 ding to the L4D2 ding.. it's softer. Either way you don't lose crit noises.

Also if you really want badass crit noises I highly recommend this sound mod.
http://www.gamebanana.com/sounds/7006
All the sounds from "Meet the Sniper" used as crit/domination noises. You feel pretty badass when you get these crits.
I'll try these out, thanks! :) Any word on if updates will wipe the sounds?

Yeef

desh said:
No.

I have the appropriate box ticked, but the damage is displayed over the enemy that I've just damaged. I want the damage to display over my health, and not just over the enemy.

This video shows what I'm talking about. Tonight I'll install the HUD in his link. But I'm pretty sure I used PVHUD already.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtm7cjh7ZDs
Community HUD is what you want.

[EDIT] Version 1.66 of PVHUD seems to work fine for me. Try this: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1565165/pvhud.html

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Professor Beef said:
I'd love to, but you have to add me first. These shackles don't allow me to reach out to people, but they can reach me.

Whats your Steam Profile?

Professor Beef said:
Do what, buy Catherine? Because I'm gonna.

That works too. Its so good.

Professor Beef said:
Do what, buy Catherine? Because I'm gonna.
You better.

Also just played a bit of TFC... Man...

CaTRv.jpg

I still hate grenades.

Blu_LED said:
I'm sure this is probably a very rare case, but is anyone playing TF2 on the newest, lowest end Macbook Pro? I can't seem to find good settings that allows the game to run at at least 60FPS.

Good Luck. Poor multi-core support plus ancient version of OpenGL (though Lion's OpenGL is slightly less ancient, no games would be taking advantage of this yet)

There is a launch option to implement some primitive multi-core support to gain you a few extra frames. It's like +mat_queue_mode 2 or something like that, check out the steam forums.

By the way, today I get my first hat drop, and then an hour later I get a BF3 beta key. :)
Suck it, haters.

TouchMyBox said:
By the way, today I get my first hat drop, and then an hour later I get a BF3 beta key. :)
Suck it, haters.

Haha, I read your post and decided to check my emails, had one sitting in my box from yesterday morning.

TouchMyBox said:
Good Luck. Poor multi-core support plus ancient version of OpenGL (though Lion's OpenGL is slightly less ancient, no games would be taking advantage of this yet)

There is a launch option to implement some primitive multi-core support to gain you a few extra frames. It's like +mat_queue_mode 2 or something like that, check out the steam forums.

Suck it, haters.
What about if I installed Windows and ran it there? Would that help me out a little?

It's so annoying having someone at full health spam the MEDIC button when I'm trying to heal someone. It's even worse when the spammer turns out to be a Sniper. :|

(._.)

Banned
Professor Beef said:
It's so annoying having someone at full health spam the MEDIC button when I'm trying to heal someone. It's even worse when the spammer turns out to be a Sniper. :|
over heal bruh

Professor Beef said:
Let them, and do your stuff. Medics have priorities.

Yeef

Usually people will call medic at full health when they're expecting an uber and don't have a mic.

If it was a F2P sniper maybe he thought you'd uber him with his leet SMG and he'd 0wn!

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Professor Beef said:
Topping off a sniper to have him survive a headshot and kill the other can save other teammates and make them more prone to running into the open!

I always overheal snipers.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
(._.) said:
over heal bruh
Yup. Pay attention, beet!

Gotta spread those overheals around.

Overheals are good for players rushing into a fight and useless for just waiting around.

If you see someone rushing forward with full health yelling medic, you give a quick buff over the wounded standing around.

Divius

Holy shit why do so many people always switch to a class of a player who is doing well?

I join a team with no spies > I become a spy > I backstab some people > I die. I check and suddenly we have 5 spies because OH DIVIUS WAS JUST OWNING AS A SPY WE CAN DO THAT TOO. Or teams with like 6 snipers. Holy shit this is driving me insane. I try to talk some sense into my team, I try to coach them, but no-one listens. And then they whine when we lose.

edit: anyone know any good EU servers? I know there's a EuroGaf server but it always empty.

webrunner

I just got an extra Nine Iron (Are the Nine Iron and the Postbox the only two reskin items to be drops?) - anyone have an extra Postal Pummeler they want to trade?

TGMIII

&Divius said:
Holy shit why do so many people always switch to a class of a player who is doing well?

I join a team with no spies > I become a spy > I backstab some people > I die. I check and suddenly we have 5 spies because OH DIVIUS WAS JUST OWNING AS A SPY WE CAN DO THAT TOO. Or teams with like 6 snipers. Holy shit this is driving me insane. I try to talk some sense into my team, I try to coach them, but no-one listens. And then they whine when we lose.

edit: anyone know any good EU servers? I know there's a EuroGaf server but it always empty.

I've been busy with work so I've not had much of a chance to play. People need to make more of an effort to get things going on the eurogaf server, I have to prod people to join the server everytime and I only ever get 6/7 out of the steam group to play.

moojito

&Divius said:

The hampshire heavies servers are a pretty high quality. I regularly get my ass kicked on there. The playstuff server is quite good as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom