• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zel3

I finally got the Liberty Launcher.

This thing is amazing. I get way better K/D in matches, anyone else a big fan of the new Rocket Launcher?

Zel3 said:
I finally got the Liberty Launcher.
it's great, yes. the additional speed means not having to lead your opponents as much. BUT the sacrifice is high.

Zel3 said:
anyone else a big fan of the new Rocket Launcher?
people think it's okay. when it's not crashing servers. but there are better RLs to choose from, considering how ineffective it is against engie buildings.

I've gone some pretty sad and serious TF2 news
The owner of Golden Wrench number 50, killed himself last week.

Irregardless of the fact he had a Golden Wrench, it's still a loss for the entire community of TF2.
I expect something from the community to be done in the near future.

SUF is making me sick, all of them RIP for the wrench and joking all about it like he was only a man who had a shiny thing in his video game backpack :/

TheBez

balladofwindfishes said:

Irregardless of the fact he had a Golden Wrench, it's still a loss for the entire community of TF2.

SUF is making me sick, all of them RIP for the wrench and joking all about it like he was only a man who had a shiny thing in his video game backpack :/
That's awful :( Was he a big part of the TF2 community? Forgive my ignorance I was not very active during the Golden Wrench events.

TheBez said:
That's awful :( Was he a big part of the TF2 community? Forgive my ignorance I was not very active during the Golden Wrench events.
not really, but owning a wrench is a pretty big accomplishment in the community. Let alone owning number 50.

It's a sad day for the entire community.

DarkKyo

balladofwindfishes said:
that wasn't made by him...
Here's his Steam account

also don't read this unless you really feel the need to punish yourself and see the absolute lowest the TF2 community can get
The community on the steam official forums are some of the most immature little pricks I've seen on the internet. This reaction from them does not surprise me.

That's awful about the wrench owner killing himself :(

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Hope you guys didn't mind my terrible medic play tonight.

Harpuia

No matter what I just can't be scout. :( Or sniper, but I kinda find sniper boring to play. Otherwise, I think I'm a pretty good soldier, maybe an above average spy, and the other classes I'm ok at.

Clydefrog

balladofwindfishes said:

oh wow, RIP. suicide is such a terrible thing.

Acerac

Banned
Forkball said:
An upcoming Duke Nukem Forever multiplayer map is called 2Forts1Bridge.
http://www.gearboxity.com/images/web/twofortscreenshot1_720.jpg[IMG]

Also, China has released [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7hd-BD4mzo"]Meet the Pyro.[/URL][/QUOTE]
Hurray for parodies!

As bad of a rip-off as the Chinese TF2 looks, I thought the clip was cute. Not awesome like the Valve videos, but it got a smile out of me.

[QUOTE=Harpuia]No matter what I just can't be scout. :( Or sniper, but I kinda find sniper boring to play. Otherwise, I think I'm a pretty good soldier, maybe an above average spy, and the other classes I'm ok at.[/QUOTE]
Gogo Club Can't Twitch Aim for Shit!

This is why this game has explosives, miniguns, knives, fire, and sentries. Team Fortress 2, the FPS for those of us who can't actually aim!

The one exception to this rule is that I seem to do decently with the shotgun, but only as engineer. Perhaps my opponents are just so shocked by my audacity that they get confused?

[QUOTE=balladofwindfishes]I've gone some pretty sad and serious TF2 news

[spoiler]SUF is making me sick, all of them RIP for the wrench and joking all about it like he was only a man who had a shiny thing in his video game backpack :/[/spoiler][/QUOTE]
RIP.

It's always sad to hear about suicides. The fact that he had a similar interest makes it that much worse. Who gives a fuck about the golden wrench, somebody lost their life here.

brentech

balladofwindfishes said:
that wasn't made by him...
Here's his Steam account

also don't read this unless you really feel the need to punish yourself and see the absolute lowest the TF2 community can get
Does his profile tag line of "120 million cops must die" mean something other than what it says? Not sure if there is some story to that...if not, that shit ain't funny or cool in any way.

Harpuia

Surely there must be some way to set different mouse sensitivities for each class? I seem to do much better when the sensitivity is lower when playing as scout.

Harpuia said:
Surely there must be some way to set different mouse sensitivities for each class? I seem to do much better when the sensitivity is lower when playing as scout.

You can put custom config settings for each class in your config section:

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\USERNAME\team fortress 2\tf\cfg

Acerac

Banned
TheBez said:
Hey all looking for a Brain Slug, a Strange Backburner, and a Cow Mangler 5000. Here's my backpack:

http://tf2b.com/76561197995779955
I've got a mangler that doesn't see much use.

I'd be happy to give you that and some metal for your strange rocket launcher. I prefer the OG when it comes to soldier.

Feel free to hit me up in PMs or on Steam. I have the same name in both places.

Harpuia said:
No matter what I just can't be scout. :( Or sniper, but I kinda find sniper boring to play. Otherwise, I think I'm a pretty good soldier, maybe an above average spy, and the other classes I'm ok at.

I'm currently learning with the Scout now. Since the update, the Soda Popper and Sandman combo I'm rocking seems to fit me best. I even switch between them so I get the crits at the right time. What I need to learn more, is to kind of stay away from the cluster thats going on and attack from behind and sides, then run away, ammo/health up and then do it again. When I get flamed though, I just keep forgetting where the closest health is to stop the burn.

I'm also learning with the Spy and when someone earlier posted that it's best to learn with the Dead Ringer and Your eternal reward, I gave it a try. After getting nailed constantly for like an hour solid, I was going to post here how it must be a joke or something and then it just clicked. I think it depends on the map and the situation + your positioning but I managed to nearly stab the whole team in 1 run. I fucking wished I recorded it too! But yeah, as soon as you get that 1 kill from a straggler, unnoticed, everyone infront of you is pretty much yours. Especially when they are concentrating to pushing the cart at a choke point.

The only downside is that I seemed to finish by killing a heavy, and he's slow as shit. So I'm finding myself chasing them and can't catch up!

Anyone still need Uber Update weapons?

I have:
Reserve Shooter
Big Earner
Quick-Fix
Persian Persuader
Splendid Screen
Mantreads
Overdose
Bazaar Bargain

Will trade for a scrap each or 2 random weapons each :)
Steam is artistdude88
Here's the stuff in my backpack [page 1]

OMG Aero

ArtistDude88 said:

I have:
Reserve Shooter
Big Earner
Quick-Fix
Persian Persuader
Splendid Screen
Mantreads
Overdose
Bazaar Bargain

Steam is artistdude88
Could I have the Quick-Fix, Overdose and Bazaar Bargain?
I can give you a Sandman, Candy Cane, KGB, GRU, Jag and Blutsauger for them.
Here's my steam ID.

ArtistDude88 said:

I have:
Reserve Shooter
Big Earner
Quick-Fix
Persian Persuader
Splendid Screen
Mantreads
Overdose
Bazaar Bargain

Steam is artistdude88

You trade one of these weapon for a scrap metal ?

Javaman

balladofwindfishes said:
not really, but owning a wrench is a pretty big accomplishment in the community. Let alone owning number 50.

It's a sad day for the entire community.

Pretty big accomplishment? They were randomly given away to people who happened to be crafting at certain times.

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
ArtistDude88 said:

I have:
Reserve Shooter
Big Earner
Quick-Fix
Persian Persuader
Splendid Screen
Mantreads
Overdose
Bazaar Bargain

Steam is artistdude88

Reserve Shooter and Persuader for two scrap please?

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Darkflight said:
I think I may be the worst Scout ever, he's too fast for my aiming, when did I become an old man?
I'm pretty bad at everything. Best point total is 13 with demo, and my K/D ratio is typically around 0.5 :/

Harpuia

divisionbyzorro said:
You can put custom config settings for each class in your config section:

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\USERNAME\team fortress 2\tf\cfg

I know about configs, but I keep searching and searching and I come up with nothing about how to make one. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom