• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard

Banned
Baha said:
I think we found our new Alien Swarm hat and it looks far worse.
The mask has the potential to look really creepy, at least. Imagine meeting someone with one of those masks in the dark.

Also, Alien Swarm was free, unlike From Dust. And I like have a painted alien swarm hat. It makes me feel all unique.

Zomba13

Chinner said:
£12.

I'm pre-ordering it, not cause of the hat, but because the guy who made another world is making this.
Ah. That price is alright with me. Will get. Won't use hat though. It'll take a mighty fine hat for me to take off the Samur-eye.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Borgnine said:
Anyone caught wearing that needs to be banned from the server for life. Also how does the demoman see out of that, he's only got one eye but it's not lined up with the hole.
Will get and wear to troll borgnine :D

XeroSauce

Technosteve said:
There was a beautiful girl cos playing solider. She is my wifu

Need pics.

I sort of wish I didn't even get a hat for buying From Dust. It's one of the worst looking things in the game.

eznark

Banned
I have no played in forever. Is there no way to auto-scroll the weapons anymore? As in, change weapon via wheel-mouse without clicking?

eznark said:
I have no played in forever. Is there no way to auto-scroll the weapons anymore? As in, change weapon via wheel-mouse without clicking?
Under options go to keyboard > advanced button then tick fast weapon switch.

This is what happens when you're on a business trip with horrible internet and have to resort to playing bots to scratch the itch:

yDJI9.jpg

Yes, that's my entire team (sans the medic behind me) clipped into each other in the corner, unable to move.

*sigh* Can't wait to get back to the states and get my ass handed to me properly on a real server.

Zomba13

Why is the replay editor so crap?

I did what I normally do when recording takes for a movie to upload and every single take was all shot from the same corner and not where I had set the camera up to be recording from. -.-

Adnor

Banned
Ok, that was fun :)
I was the newb playing with a demo.
Sorry to the medics who wasted their ubercharges in me, I'm still learning to play.

Yeef said:
I've seen a worse one. This is the usual, "dude is turning around, and for a split second his hitbox is juuuust inside stab territory on the Spy's screen, and the stars and latency issues align," facestab.

I had one a month or so back where I just ran up to a dude with his back to a wall, and stabbed him right smack in the face. There was no turning at all, it was just plain "This is a backstab, except your face." Recorded a replay of it, but it was impossible to get a good angle.

I really, really wish that medics could see your ammo and clip count when they're healing you. There's nothing worse than a medic ubering me as a soldier/demo/heavy when I don't have enough ammo to make it worth it...

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Facestabs?!

Twas a bright morning on a healthy round of goldrush with gentlemen.

I was stationed in the attic as a medical assistant with mune rotund friend and I had just gathered a charge for a fun bit of kritz.

Enemies were rushing to the attic and we were going to have a bit of fun. Suddenly, out of the corner of mine eye, I see the nefarious artistdude release his ringer of douches. I activate mine charge and cry out for help, but mine rotund friend is thick and hard of hearing.

As a last resort, I jump and dodge the best I can, but the sinister artistdude cornered me with mine back to the wall and stabbed mine face. With the cold kiss of steel in mine breast, I slid to the ground and cursed the sinister artistdude to the seven lower hells of Lucifer. I watched helplessly as that villain, the artistdude, crept up and gave my rotund friend a taste of steel in the back. The last sound I hear before the darkness takes me is a smarmy French accented laugh.

tl;dr: fuckin artistdude and his fuckin facestab!

moojito

The spy is the most fun in an fps ever. It takes a damn effort to get... not even good, but to not completely suck, but nothing in the game beats a collection of unsuspecting backs huddled round a mine cart!

Also "mine rotund friend" is awesome.

Well, lookie there. I just found a 'Prairie Heel Biters' in my latest drop.

I was hoping for something a little more interesting for my first non-weapon drop, but I'll take it I guess.

OMG Aero

divisionbyzorro said:
Well, lookie there. I just found a 'Prairie Heel Biters' in my latest drop.

I was hoping for something a little more interesting for my first non-weapon drop, but I'll take it I guess.
That's still really lucky that you got a misc item rather than paint, dueling mini games or tags for your first non-weapon drop, not to mention a really good one.
I wish I got the heel biters in one of my summer crates.

JackEtc

moojito said:
The spy is the most fun in an fps ever. It takes a damn effort to get... not even good, but to not completely suck, but nothing in the game beats a collection of unsuspecting backs huddled round a mine cart!
Definitely. I've played Spy forever, and nothing is more satisfying than going on a good Spy run. On servers that aren't GAF or Reddit, I'll usually average about 5-7 kills a life, and then you go on those 15-20 stab streaks on a bunch of F2Players, and it feels so good.

Ultratech

Kuro Madoushi said:
Facestabs?!

Twas a bright morning on a healthy round of goldrush with gentlemen.

I was stationed in the attic as a medical assistant with mune rotund friend and I had just gathered a charge for a fun bit of kritz.

Enemies were rushing to the attic and we were going to have a bit of fun. Suddenly, out of the corner of mine eye, I see the nefarious artistdude release his ringer of douches. I activate mine charge and cry out for help, but mine rotund friend is thick and hard of hearing.

As a last resort, I jump and dodge the best I can, but the sinister artistdude cornered me with mine back to the wall and stabbed mine face. With the cold kiss of steel in mine breast, I slid to the ground and cursed the sinister artistdude to the seven lower hells of Lucifer. I watched helplessly as that villain, the artistdude, crept up and gave my rotund friend a taste of steel in the back. The last sound I hear before the darkness takes me is a smarmy French accented laugh.

tl;dr: fuckin artistdude and his fuckin facestab!

Yeah, there was one time where I somehow got facestabbed in midair. Not even sure how the hell that even happened. Most bizarre death by Spy ever for me.

Funny enough, I can play every other class pretty well BUT Spy. It's just the only class that doesn't mesh with me. But good Spies on a map can just dominate like no tomorrow. Scary stuff that is.

Blizzard

Banned
derFeef said:
face1ce5v.jpg

That is right before the stab happens. Presumably the pyro body angle was to the right and forwards, which means the spy can just aim towards the back and it will count as being behind the forward-facing-arc of the pyro or whatever. Then very slightly later it looks like you're facing the spy, but that is just presumably lag or lag compensation.

derFeef

Blizzard said:
http://www.abload.de/img/face1ce5v.jpg

That is right before the stab happens. Presumably the pyro body angle was to the right and forwards, which means the spy can just aim towards the back and it will count as being behind the forward-facing-arc of the pyro or whatever. Then very slightly later it looks like you're facing the spy, but that is just presumably lag or lag compensation.
Aha.... still bullshit :) During rendering it was a knife straight to the face - very nice in slowmo.

Blizzard

Banned
derFeef said:
Aha.... still bullshit :) During rendering it was a knife straight to the face - very nice in slowmo.
As far as I'm aware, replays can occasionally be quite messed up in how things look. I think some people might have said there was something awesome in game, but then it doesn't show up in the replay, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom