• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Maybe it's just me, but almost every game I've played on that map turns into a drawn out stalemate.

I should probably stop playing on Valve servers...

Blizzard

Banned
Pankaks said:
Maybe it's just me, but almost every game I've played on that map turns into a drawn out stalemate.

I should probably stop playing on Valve servers...
If there's one engineer or less, doublecross and even 2fort can be fun. Otherwise, or if there are 3-4 demos and uber heavies sitting on the intel, it's probably not fun.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Pony-Gaf, Starcraft GAF, OT-GAF, etc are all represented in the neogaf store, someone (with more design skills than me) needs to make a TF2-GAF shirt design for the store.

Zerokku said:
Pony-Gaf, Starcraft GAF, OT-GAF, etc are all represented in the neogaf store, someone (with more design skills than me) needs to make a TF2-GAF shirt design for the store.
I can try later and make something subtle and not infringing on anything valve related later tonight. I made one of the designs so you should all just buy that one and make that the TF2 Gaf shirt :p

Zerokku said:

I assumed they'd stopped accepting entries. I might have a go later.

corn_fest

I was actually working on something with the TF "target" logo mashed with the GAF logo, but I think the TF logo is copyrighted, so I gave up on it.

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
corn_fest said:
I was actually working on something with the TF "target" logo mashed with the GAF logo, but I think the TF logo is copyrighted, so I gave up on it.

I was thinking of a class logo for "The Gaffer", with NeoGAF stylized like the TF2 logo on the back. But my class logo ideas just boil down to traces of the GAF ball, which doesn't feel interesting enough.

60ftym.jpg

I doodled at work It's supposed to be a Medal of the TF2 Icon with gaf lighting in the middle with txt at the bottom. The shirt can change based on class like the medic would have a white doctor's coat with blood splats, solider would be like a uniform at the neck etc etc.

I'm not an artistdude, so go easy on me.

TheBez

What are the property settings to make alt-tabbing not awful? I'm using -windowed -noborder at the moment but I heard it can affect FPS. I thought I saw a more in length property setting that was supposed to work flawlessly but I cannot find it.

Zomba13

Technosteve said:
60ftym.jpg

I doodled at work It's supposed to be a Medal of the TF2 Icon with gaf lighting in the middle with txt at the bottom. The shirt can change based on class like the medic would have a white doctor's coat with blood splats, solider would be like a uniform at the neck etc etc.

That'd be pretty cool. Maybe not the member number things because I don't know if you can have the number be different for every shirt.

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
Sgt.Pepper said:
Insecure nerds ITT. Get some self-esteem!

I can't get a shirt right now anyway, doesn't ship here.

Unfortunately I really want a shirt more like this, which is hard to do by ink. (That was made by spraying half bleach/half water over a stencil.)

Probably gonna try making a Pyro one like that anyway, just to see if I can pull it off.

Technosteve said:
60ftym.jpg

I'll buy if it's vintage

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Bakphoon's logo looks okay.

Although, I never really liked GAF's logo. Maybe if the white divider looked more like a lightning bolt. I think my main problem is with how the line thickness /weight is.

Technosteve said:
large.jpg

Try number 2, in honor of javer

http://img.ly/6WMz
No offense, but it took me awhile to figure out what it was. I originally thought it was underwear over a cum-stained neogaf logo.

Oreoleo

Bakphoon you're on the right track but I feel like it needs something more to really drive the TF2-ness of it home. Also, more Red and Blu!

fallengorn said:
No offense, but it took me awhile to figure out what it was. I originally thought it was underwear over a cum-stained neogaf logo.[
I do like that it is a medal. Clean it up, get rid of the unnecessary stuff, add a bit of text ("Janky TF2-GAF" or whatever) and that would be a really solid design.

fallengorn said:
Bakphoon's logo looks okay.

Although, I never really liked GAF's logo. Maybe if the white divider looked more like a lightning bolt. I think my main problem is with how the line thickness /weight is.

No offense, but it took me awhile to figure out what it was. I originally thought it was underwear over a cum-stained neogaf logo.
Hmmmm that gives me an idea

fallengorn

Orellio said:
Bakphoon you're on the right track but I feel like it needs something more to really drive the TF2-ness of it home. Also, more Red and Blu!
We could swap out the orange and charcoal of the gaf logo with red and blue... and put a towering pillar of hats on it.

Bakphoon

Orellio said:

I do like that it is a medal. Clean it up, get rid of the unnecessary stuff, add a bit of text ("Janky TF2-GAF" or whatever) and that would be a really solid design.

d05R7.png

I'll keep trying until you all are satisfied with it.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Clydefrog said:
Ffuuuuuu... the chrono one is great!

Hahahaha. Yes it is. Fangamer is the shit, and pretty much the only place I've bought video game related t-shirts from. Not always as subtle, but great designs.

fallengorn

Grimm Fandango said:
Something like this? (quick and dirty Photoshop attempt):

kBZJQ.png
I would use the red/blue from the color swatch Valve has on the site, but yeah, that's pretty much what I was thinking.

Oreoleo

Bakphoon said:
d05R7.png

I'll keep trying until you all are satisfied with it.

I was thinking more along the lines of something like this

9Y5JB.jpg
\

edit: now with 100% more janky hat!

Kebr4.jpg

But I think I like the medal motif more when all is said and done.

derFeef

Forkball has the right idea. If I would not spend my whole workday with photoshop already, I would give it a try, but I am burned out atm :p

Forkball

Team Fortress 2 Update Released
Product Update - Valve
Updates to Team Fortress 2 have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:

Source Engine Changes (CS:S, DoD:S, TF2, HL2:DM)
Added a check to prevent kicking Replay and SourceTV clients from servers

Team Fortress 2
Added new items for upcoming promotions
Fixed a case where health overheal wasn't being applied when multiple healers were involved
Fixed the new Gravelpit backgrounds using the wrong filename
Updated the Mask of the Shaman
Updated the localization files

I almost never buy games day one so these promos just laugh in my face.

[edit] For Engy
r9LDK.png

Sniper
i2OMb.png

Possibly for Soldier, unconfirmed
OqusG.png

[edit2]THE ADVENTURE OF MY LIFE IN THE LAND OF SKYRIIIIIIM
skyrim_helmet_large.ac0e67a18980ee73ef32215cd205549bf12e725b.png

No, no, not a damn Pip-Boy, I don't want to have to buy a Fallout for full price on Steam...

Maybe they'll eventually make them craftable like some of the other promos, but they're still going to be expensive to get for a while.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Kulock said:
No, no, not a damn Pip-Boy, I don't want to have to buy a Fallout for full price on Steam...

Assuming they're quake-con promotional items like I think they are, Fallout (as well as every other id/Bethesda game) will be on sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom