• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acerac

Banned
Hell yeah, love it when new hats drop while I play. Killer's Kabuto get!

Thanks Neogaf JankyAss server! :D

It's nice how easy it is to help out friends who are just getting in to this game. Just tell them you'll give them 50 weapons for the two keys they buy to activate their account. Win-win.

Dug

Banned
Doncamatic said:
Dear god. No doubt Zenimax will continue it's shitty regional pricing and the Aus pack will run into the $200s.
PurchaseRestrictedCountries = DE AU RU AM AZ BY EE GE KZ KG LV LT MD TJ TM UZ UA PL CZ SK HU
AllowPurchaseFromRestrictedCountries = 0

Sorry :(

XeroSauce

I'm just wondering where the Fallout item will come from, since it's coloured like FO3 but GOTY has come and gone for that game.

Yeef

Hey, everybody...

881D95C85C86EB22C349BF5C7FB964B9DF94ECEB

SLEEP WELL.

Forkball

I bet we get new crates tomorrow. The first strange crate bundle lasted about three weeks, and it's been about three weeks since the last batch. Get ready for those strange Jags!

mojiimbo

I wonder if there will be a crafting recipe for the Doom rocket launcher tomorrow. If not and if it's still craftable through a soldier token + primary slot token + scrap(like the golf club or the mailbox or the Red Faction axe) you have a 1/6 chance so if you're lucky you should be able to get it for under 3 refined.

Yeef

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kl5DFzHjcCg&hd=1

The best part of this was the voicechat with Java. Before I killed him the second time I said "Hey java, guess what?"
and he was all "What's that, Beef?"

The answer was a crit to the back of the head. :D

divisionbyzorro said:
Quoted for new page.
Just type itemtest into console while on a listenserver. Then check soldier and select a weapon. Everything is listed in the order it was added to the game, so the Original will be at the bottom. Then just hit apply items.

Yeef said:
Just type itemtest into console while on a listenserver. Then check soldier and select a weapon. Everything is listed in the order it was added to the game, so the Original will be at the bottom. Then just hit apply items.

I tried that, but didn't see it. Hm. I guess my janky middle-eastern internet didn't grab the update properly. I'll try again when I get back to the states.

Hylian7

So remember how I was trying to get into the GAF server tonight, and every time I was in, my ping was 800+? Yeah, I'm still having that problem. I've been trying everything under the damn sun and nothing is working. I think tomorrow I'm giving my ISP a call.

Forkball

Hylian7 said:
So remember how I was trying to get into the GAF server tonight, and every time I was in, my ping was 800+? Yeah, I'm still having that problem. I've been trying everything under the damn sun and nothing is working. I think tomorrow I'm giving my ISP a call.
This happened to me before. Your connection is being bottlenecked by something. Is someone else using your net at the time?

Hylian7

Forkball said:
This happened to me before. Your connection is being bottlenecked by something. Is someone else using your net at the time?
Only off and on, and even when they tried to do something when I wasn't, they had trouble as well. My sisters couldn't stream Netflix and I wasn't even attempting to do anything on the Internet.

This is really frustrating.

Hylian7

Hylian7 said:
Only off and on, and even when they tried to do something when I wasn't, they had trouble as well. My sisters couldn't stream Netflix and I wasn't even attempting to do anything on the Internet.

This is really frustrating.
Wow, I feel fucking stupid now. I thought I wasn't downloading or uploading anything.

Just now I realized it: I got into the Google Music Beta today and had left it uploading my collection. Turned that shit off and everything is fine now.

AcciDante

Oh, man, so many keys! I went to buy some with my metal, and keys normally go for 2.33 refined a piece now. I friend this dude from the tf2 forum, offer 4ref 1scrap for 2 keys. He says he'll do it for 4. Boom. He asks if I have any weapons, so I put up 2 shitty ones, he puts up another key. Bam. Put up 2 more weapons, 1 more key. Blam. Was looking for 2 more weps that I didn't have, so I got them from Whoreoleo and got him a key. Friendly boom.

Shitty night of trading Redeemed!

Bakphoon

AcciDante said:
Oh, man, so many keys! I went to buy some with my metal, and keys normally go for 2.33 refined a piece now. I friend this dude from the tf2 forum, offer 4ref 1scrap for 2 keys. He says he'll do it for 4. Boom. He asks if I have any weapons, so I put up 2 shitty ones, he puts up another key. Bam. Put up 2 more weapons, 1 more key. Blam. Was looking for 2 more weps that I didn't have, so I got them from Whoreoleo and got him a key. Friendly boom.

Didn't you feel bad for such trades? I mean i felt bad when i got a random weapon for only 1 crate...

Trade a key with me and i said nothing :p

AcciDante said:
Maybe I would a little, but that dude had 30 keys in his backpack, most of them untradable now because he purchased them. Most of his hats were too. That dude likes to spend money!

oh, then it's fine I guess

AcciDante

Bakphoon said:
Didn't you feel bad for such trades? I mean i felt bad when i got a random weapon for only 1 crate...

Trade a key with me and i said nothing :p
Maybe I would a little, but that dude had 30 keys in his backpack, most of them untradable now because he purchased them. Most of his hats were too. That dude likes to spend money!

I turned on TF2 after not playing for months, a lot of my items now say "vintage itemname". What is the deal with vintage? Is it for items earned before one of the updates?

I'm missing a few vintage unlocks, guess I crafted them into scrap or something.

Do items keep the vintage tag after trading and are the vintage items valued more than regular?

Bakphoon

nismogrendel said:
I turned on TF2 after not playing for months, a lot of my items now say "vintage itemname". What is the deal with vintage? Is it for items earned before one of the updates?

I'm missing a few vintage unlocks, guess I crafted them into scrap or something.

Do items keep the vintage tag after trading and are the vintage items valued more than regular?

I think items crafted with the old crafting system turn vintage.
They are tradable, and worth a bit more than their non-vintage counterparts.

Btw, has someone a leftover premium TF2 for my brother? He had to give his account away yesterday, because a friend on him accidentally activated a game on it... I would even trade something for it...
My Backpack:
http://tf2b.com/?id=gruulmaster

derFeef

nismogrendel said:

Vintage items are items you got/gained/whatever before the store rollout. Keep them!

AcciDante said:

haha win.

awwyeahgurrl said:
Is there a general guide for how much ususuals are worth?

There is a guide to tell you the rank but no guide (To my knowledge) of what the exact combination is worth.

What hat/effect have you got?

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
awwyeahgurrl said:
Soldier's stash /w hearts. Someone offered 9 buds, again I'm useless and have no idea if he's lowballing me.
That sounds pretty good tbh.
I am not a hat trading salesmen, just what I gleam generally.

Mafro said:
Have they fixed text idling or something? Did it overnight last night after the reset and got absolutely nothing.

I don't think so. I did it one 2 accounts last night, my main got 8 items + 2 crates, my idle account got 5 items + 2 crates. That is the least I've ever received when idling.

Ugh. The matchmaker keeps putting me in RTD mod servers. God I hate that shit.

Also I lit a sniper on fire with my flare gun and he hit me twice in a row while scoped in. Seriously wtf. I can't hit shit while burning.

Yeef

ArtistDude88 said:

Also I lit a sniper on fire with my flare gun and he hit me twice in a row while scoped in. Seriously wtf. I can't hit shit while burning.
Stop playing so early in the morning!

Blizzard

Banned
ArtistDude88 said:

RTD is the best. Instant crits! Frozen self! Noclip! :D

Mafro

Sourtreats said:
I don't think so. I did it one 2 accounts last night, my main got 8 items + 2 crates, my idle account got 5 items + 2 crates. That is the least I've ever received when idling.
hmmm, maybe my shortcut got messed up or something when I was copying stuff over to my new laptop.

XeroSauce

awwyeahgurrl said:
Soldier's stash /w hearts. Someone offered 9 buds, again I'm useless and have no idea if he's lowballing me.

That's like 3 fucking Max Heads right there. 2.5.

GET ON THAT. It usually goes for something like 7.5 buds as a GREAT offer.

Javaman

Yeef said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kl5DFzHjcCg&hd=1

The best part of this was the voicechat with Java. Before I killed him the second time I said "Hey java, guess what?"
and he was all "What's that, Beef?"

The answer was a crit to the back of the head. :D

Good lord, that spot was a lot more obvious than I had thought haaha. The first death was great, Like I mentioned last night my kill cam caught you in mid taunt and it looked like you were taking a dump on the bridge.

We need to play more warpath!

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Hylian7 said:
Every class but Sniper can self-heal.

Heavy - Sandvich
Engineer - Dispenser
Medic - Recovers health automatically, but this was there from day 1.

Actually snipers can self heal too. They can pickup med kits!

darthbob

webrunner said:
Game just gave me a Genuine Pip-Boy. I own both Fallout 3 and New Vegas but no DLC.

Game just gave me a Genuine Anger. I own Brink, also have Fallout 3 GOTY too.

I'd rather have the Pip-Boy tbqh.

Baha

webrunner said:
Game just gave me a Genuine Pip-Boy. I own both Fallout 3 and New Vegas but no DLC.

Got mine too. I own both FO3 & NV but my money's on NV being the required game to own.

*Not my screenshot*
574E5B7FEC1F8F972A0F72447C98AF6E1755FBD5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom