• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

TGMIII

Was planning to get RO2 anyway so this is a nice extra, except for the fact that I accidentally ordered the standard version. Smooth.

Rapstah

tf2stats500jjk9.png

I accidentally played within five seconds as much Pyro as Soldier in my first 500 hours. I noticed it just now. That's scary.

Clydefrog

SteveWinwood said:
What does it mean when it says that people are supporters of a certain map? Is it that they bought stamps for it? Cause sometimes I see myself in the load screens with a 9 next to the supporters and I've never bought a stamp... I'm assuming its just messed up.

I see the same thing too. Sometimes I'm a supporter 9 times of a map, 3 times, or 1 time. It's really weird considering I've never bought a stamp. So, yeah, it's messed up.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Well, I guess I'm pre-purchasing RO2 sooner than expected.

Still wish Soldier had a side cap and a pair of Aviators.

TGMIII

So the guy got back to me finally about trading my Unusual soldier's stash (sunbeam) for his defiant spartan (burning flames) and said he saw the soldier's stash in game and decided he didn't want it. Thanks for wasting my time bro.

(._.)

Banned
Soldier stash is worth $250 USD. I have seen them go for that much many times. It's weird it doesn't go for much more since Kabuto with beams is valued at $600 USD and there are two more of them in existence compared to beam stash. I'd buy yours if I needed another beams soldier hat but I'm goood :3

Blizzard

Banned
fallengorn said:
Well, I guess I'm pre-purchasing RO2 sooner than expected.

Still wish Soldier had a side cap and a pair of Aviators.
What I think we need is another item set or two for the soldier, and some demoman melee items. I'm thinking the demo should have some way to run fast, or do a lot of melee damage. Maybe a shield with grenade launchers glued to it.

Blizzard said:
What I think we need is another item set or two for the soldier, and some demoman melee items. I'm thinking the demo should have some way to run fast, or do a lot of melee damage. Maybe a shield with grenade launchers glued to it.
All really good ideas.

TGMIII

(._.) said:
Soldier stash is worth $250 USD. I have seen them go for that much many times. It's weird it doesn't go for much more since Kabuto with beams is valued at $600 USD and there are two more of them in existence compared to beam stash. I'd buy yours if I needed another beams soldier hat but I'm goood :3

I've got a guy offering me a purple energy spartan + hearts noir. Says they're worth 300 together which sounds off to me. I honestly don't care about money I'm just trying to take the best deal I can get and maybe a max hat too since I want that thing bad.

Five more pages (10 for 50 viewers peasants) before this thread is locked and a new one is created. Since the Uber update we got a lot more posts around here, I think we were around 16K before the update hit.

Need some help naming a map I was playing on, GAF.

It was a CTF map, very small, with just two big rooms with about 5 pillars in it divided by a door. This door opens up after about 30 seconds. Once you die on the map, you go off to the side blocked off to wait for the round to finish.

thefil

Seems every time I want to play TF2 there is an update that Steam refuses to download.

I really hate Steam with every fibre of my being, in between loving it for sales.

Clydefrog

Sgt.Pepper said:
Five more pages (10 for 50 viewers peasants) before this thread is locked and a new one is created. Since the Uber update we got a lot more posts around here, I think we were around 16K before the update hit.

peasants FTW

Can't believe people are willing to dish out that much real money for a virtual hat.

That hat would of paid for my monitor and still have some left over.

Fuck, I might have to start gambling and spend $20 here and there and open crates.

DarkKyo

ArtistDude88 said:
Can't believe people are willing to dish out that much real money for a virtual hat.

Fuck, I might have to start gambling and spend $20 here and there and open crates.
If you gonna buy some keys make sure for every $5 bucks worth of keys you open a new idle account. May as well if you're spending the money anyways!

(._.)

Banned
ArtistDude88 said:

it is a major major major waste of money but i just don't care. i like them.

TGMIII

Yeah I mean if that's how you want to spend your money I don't see it as a waste, you got something you wanted and you were willing to pay for it.

As for the hat I really wasn't looking money for it, I actually just wanted to see what I could get for it and then people started offering 200USD+. If someone wanted to trade me 200USD worth of items in game I'd still be willing to take that too but so far people have just super low balled me so as of right now the cold hard cash is the best offer.

awwyeahgurrl said:
Yeah I mean if that's how you want to spend your money I don't see it as a waste, you got something you wanted and you were willing to pay for it.

As for the hat I really wasn't looking money for it, I actually just wanted to see what I could get for it and then people started offering 200USD+. If someone wanted to trade me 200USD worth of items in game I'd still be willing to take that too but so far people have just super low balled me so as of right now the cold hard cash is the best offer.
so...what happened to that offer? did they change your mind or were they scamming you?

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck this game! Need to take a break or at least til the heat dies down and I move my computer back to it's usual spot.

Can't aim or dodge worth shit playing in the living room.

Fucking raaaaaaaaaaaaaaage!

Narag

Is the Liberty Launcher considered unbalanced or something? I was messing around on a valve server and some guys griefing were bitching about the opposition using liberty launchers and killing them. Only been playing a few weeks so still don't have a grasp of weapon balance.

corn_fest

Narag said:
Is the Liberty Launcher considered unbalanced or something? I was messing around on a valve server and some guys griefing were bitching about the opposition using liberty launchers and killing them. Only been playing a few weeks so still don't have a grasp of weapon balance.
I don't know if it's a widely held opinion, but I despise the Liberty Launcher. It's just not fun to play against at all and feels cheap.

Yeef

yeoz said:
plr_cornfield is broken. carts got stuck in each other and no one could push.
That's a feature. Infinite stalemate. Hightower has a similar feature.

According to this changelog that bug has been fixed, so we must be running an old version.

[Edit] On closer inspection these are loafers we're running the latest version, c1. Here mapmaker dude says he only THINKS he fixed the bug: http://forums.tf2maps.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=2786

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom