• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forkball

Moundir&Tony>you said:
What do I have to buy in order to get that pipboy ?
Probably the new DLC.

Note the weird boomerang thing:
6C917E3C7DF85F805C7A277BCEE372E4F3D9CFE6

And reposting for new page:

For Engy
r9LDK.png

Sniper
i2OMb.png

Possibly for Soldier, unconfirmed
OqusG.png

Unknown class
skyrim_helmet_large.ac0e67a18980ee73ef32215cd205549bf12e725b.png

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
mojiimbo said:
I remember Id's iOS games being dirt cheap during previous QuakeCons so I hope they do the same with their Steam catalogue.

They have before, it'll be the same this year. These items are just confirmation imo.

parasight

Zerokku said:
Which we already knew about. Quake-Con. Is nobody reading my posts?

Sorry about that. Jumped the gun, after seeing the images without reading.

I have to get Brink for the hood? Ugh, will wait for it to become craftable. May pickup Fallout as I've been meaning to play that game for a while.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
parasight said:
Sorry about that. Jumped the gun, after seeing the images without reading.

I have to get Brink for the hood? Ugh, will wait for it to become craftable. May pickup Fallout as I've been meaning to play that game for a while.

Unless Brink is going for nice and cheap (≤$15), I will do the same. And New Vegas is fantastic, definitely pick it up.

I wonder if they'll pull a Killing Floor on these and make the ones that people who owned the game before the promotion vintage/genuine.

Zomba13

Damn, sniper hat is badass. And I just got a Desert Marauder + Villain's Veil combo.
Do want that Quake 1 rocket launcher.

Sciz

On one hand, Quake 1 rocket launcher!

On the other hand, it'll never be more than a pale imitation of the real thing.

Zomba13

The Omega Man said:
we don't have to buy the games for those hats right? I mean all these items will become craftable right?
They should become craftable not long after release (maybe right after release? I'm not sure).

Doubt I'd be lucky trying to make them.

Forkball

There were some updates to the Steam registry, so a big Zenimax sale is going to happen this weekend. There seem to be Elder Scrolls, Fallout, Quake, and Doom packs. I suppose Skyrim will be available for preorder tomorrow as well. But damn, Rage and Skyrim don't come out for almost three months, I'm surprised they already have promos for them.

Also the Quake rocket launcher has the original Quake sounds and is down the middle.
62E548A808AC49A1925E17F3EE0D5E06E0157F1F

Exuro said:
Yes, there's Brink, Fallout, Rage, Quake and Skyrim promo items. I'm guessing they'll be released tomorrow seeing as Quakecon starts then.

Fantastic timing, I want Oblivion. The Sniper hat is awesome but I'm not going to buy Brink.

(._.)

Banned
I hope we get them for already owning those games. They tend to do that iirc. I own brink and New Vegas. Rage and Skyrim I want too.

Forkball

Yeah I hope the Pip Boy isn't for the DLC, I only own the base game. Not sure for which game exactly the Quake Rocket Launcher will be for, but Quake IV was added to the registry so it could be that. Also Skyrim isn't on the registry yet, so there is a (slim) chance that you might be able to get it by owning Oblivion or Morrowind.

bc1750be9743cb54fea106af1ebbc429.png

Maffis

That rocket launcher looks damn nice, but I ain't spending any money on it. I'm definitely gonna try and trade for one though.

Supposedly the rocket is supposed to come out in the middle too, which will make the weapon unfair if it is just supposed to be a re-skin. With the original RL, the rocket comes out on the right (even when left handed) and makes edging sentries hard if you're on the wrong side of a wall. If the rocket comes out in the middle, edging will never be a problem again. It's a small upgrade because of this (and the fact that it is not cluttering your screen much (and no, don't tell me to turn of viewmodels, fuck off)) so it definitely should be craftable IMO; could make all other ones Genuine.

Exuro said:
So despite the Pip Boy being a misc item it still has a revised PDA HUD?

Yeah I dunno what the deal is. I'd love it to be an identical PDA. Course that would require some simple additional animation and Valve is too good for that.

TGMIII

Forkball said:
Yeah I hope the Pip Boy isn't for the DLC, I only own the base game. Not sure for which game exactly the Quake Rocket Launcher will be for, but Quake IV was added to the registry so it could be that. Also Skyrim isn't on the registry yet, so there is a (slim) chance that you might be able to get it by owning Oblivion or Morrowind.

I already own quake 4 but if the steam version is cheap enough I could see myself picking it up for the rocket launcher.

It's like I'm really playing
baby quake

XeroSauce

Blizzard said:
If it's the normal waste map I'm thinking of (payload? payload race? AD?) then it's probably crappy, but a KOTH version basically can't last more than 6-10 minutes per round max, and most rounds should be less.

It's not just the rounds. The spawns are crap, the hill up to the point is hard for anyone not a Soldier or Demo when there's even on Heavy on it, it's just an all around bad map.

Hyped for new promo items.

Sciz

There's a seriously missed opportunity here for The Original's crit sound effect to have been the quad damage sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom