• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wallach

Drkirby said:
I liked the Pyro hats! Plus, now there won't be a way to get Black and White paint for a while.

Crate series #1 still drops.

Drkirby said:
Odd, ether my Collage blocked the ports to steam after installing TF2 like 5 times, or Steam is just having connection issues.

Yeah, Steam (at least Community/News stuff) seems to be down for me as well.

Yeef

Every since tonight's patch my FPS has been very unstable (sometimes even dipping into the teens). I normally play with everything maxed up, but setting everything even to the lowest setting didn't make a difference.

And before anyone mentions it, I already know about the low FPS fix with anti-virus programs.

Blizzard

Banned
MicVlaD said:
They're not anymore. Now I can trade the Heavy Duty Rag!

Maybe.

'Fixing' cooldown on sandvich eating still bites.
Yay for the fixed hat. I posted in the other thread, since I can't get the game to launch (even with my own server) and access my loadout...how exactly did they change the sandvich cooldown? I thought the cooldown was just the timer when you eat or throw it. Did that timer not go down in certain cases before this patch or something? Did they change it so that if you're hurt, you can't recover a sandvich now? If so, that is kind of sad, though almost similar to the old medkit-recovers-sandvich system.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Wallach said:
Crate series #1 still drops.

Yeah, Steam (at least Community/News stuff) seems to be down for me as well.
Oh good, I was scared I wouldn't be able to play TF2 in the School's Libary anymore. Hope it comes back in the next hour or two, I want to see if my theory that buying items from multiple computers nets Multiple Mann Co. Hats.

Blizzard said:
Yay for the fixed hat. I posted in the other thread, since I can't get the game to launch (even with my own server) and access my loadout...how exactly did they change the sandvich cooldown? I thought the cooldown was just the timer when you eat or throw it. Did that timer not go down in certain cases before this patch or something? Did they change it so that if you're hurt, you can't recover a sandvich now? If so, that is kind of sad, though almost similar to the old medkit-recovers-sandvich system.
No, I meant that after the patch you could indefinitely eat a sandvich again like you should be able to, but now they fixed it so that it's back on a cooldown (à la throwing the sandvich).

I don't like it at all.

Javaman

Server updated...

10.03% downloading ./orangebox/tf/bin/server.dll
25.59% downloading ./orangebox/tf/bin/server.dylib
52.78% downloading ./orangebox/tf/bin/server.so
63.91% downloading ./orangebox/tf/maps/graphs/cp_dustbowl.ain
63.91% downloading ./orangebox/tf/maps/graphs/cp_granary.ain
63.91% downloading ./orangebox/tf/maps/graphs/cp_gravelpit.ain
63.91% downloading ./orangebox/tf/maps/graphs/cp_well.ain
63.91% downloading ./orangebox/tf/maps/graphs/ctf_2fort.ain
63.91% downloading ./orangebox/tf/maps/graphs/tc_hydro.ain
63.92% downloading ./orangebox/tf/models/player/items/demo/demo_tricorne.dx90.vtx
63.93% downloading ./orangebox/tf/models/player/items/demo/demo_tricorne.mdl
63.93% downloading ./orangebox/tf/models/player/items/demo/demo_tricorne.phy
63.99% downloading ./orangebox/tf/models/player/items/demo/demo_tricorne.vvd
64.02% downloading ./orangebox/tf/models/player/items/demo/drinking_hat.dx90.vtx
64.02% downloading ./orangebox/tf/models/player/items/demo/drinking_hat.mdl
64.03% downloading ./orangebox/tf/models/player/items/demo/drinking_hat.phy
64.12% downloading ./orangebox/tf/models/player/items/demo/drinking_hat.vvd
64.16% downloading ./orangebox/tf/models/weapons/c_models/c_pistol/c_pistol.dx90.vtx
64.17% downloading ./orangebox/tf/models/weapons/c_models/c_pistol/c_pistol.mdl
64.17% downloading ./orangebox/tf/models/weapons/c_models/c_pistol/c_pistol.phy
64.34% downloading ./orangebox/tf/models/weapons/c_models/c_pistol/c_pistol.vvd
64.39% downloading ./orangebox/tf/models/weapons/c_models/c_shotgun/c_shotgun.dx90.vtx
64.39% downloading ./orangebox/tf/models/weapons/c_models/c_shotgun/c_shotgun.mdl
64.40% downloading ./orangebox/tf/models/weapons/c_models/c_shotgun/c_shotgun.phy
64.59% downloading ./orangebox/tf/models/weapons/c_models/c_shotgun/c_shotgun.vvd
64.83% downloading ./orangebox/tf/models/weapons/c_models/c_engineer_animations.mdl
65.04% downloading ./orangebox/tf/models/weapons/c_models/c_engineer_arms.dx90.vtx
65.08% downloading ./orangebox/tf/models/weapons/c_models/c_engineer_arms.mdl
65.91% downloading ./orangebox/tf/models/weapons/c_models/c_engineer_arms.vvd
66.01% downloading ./orangebox/tf/models/weapons/c_models/c_heavy_animations.mdl
66.10% downloading ./orangebox/tf/models/weapons/c_models/c_heavy_arms.dx90.vtx
66.13% downloading ./orangebox/tf/models/weapons/c_models/c_heavy_arms.mdl
66.46% downloading ./orangebox/tf/models/weapons/c_models/c_heavy_arms.vvd
66.57% downloading ./orangebox/tf/models/weapons/c_models/c_pyro_animations.mdl
66.74% downloading ./orangebox/tf/models/weapons/c_models/c_scout_animations.mdl
66.86% downloading ./orangebox/tf/models/weapons/c_models/c_soldier_animations.mdl
66.93% downloading ./orangebox/tf/models/weapons/c_models/c_soldier_arms.dx90.vtx
66.96% downloading ./orangebox/tf/models/weapons/c_models/c_soldier_arms.mdl
67.19% downloading ./orangebox/tf/models/weapons/c_models/c_soldier_arms.vvd
67.25% downloading ./orangebox/tf/resource/ui/backpackpanel.res
67.25% downloading ./orangebox/tf/resource/ui/notificationqueuepanel.res
67.28% downloading ./orangebox/tf/resource/modevents.res
68.64% downloading ./orangebox/tf/resource/tf_danish.txt
70.05% downloading ./orangebox/tf/resource/tf_dutch.txt
70.74% downloading ./orangebox/tf/resource/tf_english.txt
72.13% downloading ./orangebox/tf/resource/tf_finnish.txt
73.59% downloading ./orangebox/tf/resource/tf_french.txt
75.04% downloading ./orangebox/tf/resource/tf_german.txt
75.81% downloading ./orangebox/tf/resource/tf_hungarian.txt
77.19% downloading ./orangebox/tf/resource/tf_italian.txt
78.34% downloading ./orangebox/tf/resource/tf_japanese.txt
79.49% downloading ./orangebox/tf/resource/tf_korean.txt
80.65% downloading ./orangebox/tf/resource/tf_koreana.txt
81.78% downloading ./orangebox/tf/resource/tf_norwegian.txt
83.21% downloading ./orangebox/tf/resource/tf_polish.txt
84.57% downloading ./orangebox/tf/resource/tf_portuguese.txt
85.75% downloading ./orangebox/tf/resource/tf_romanian.txt
87.15% downloading ./orangebox/tf/resource/tf_russian.txt
88.27% downloading ./orangebox/tf/resource/tf_schinese.txt
89.71% downloading ./orangebox/tf/resource/tf_spanish.txt
91.08% downloading ./orangebox/tf/resource/tf_swedish.txt
92.24% downloading ./orangebox/tf/resource/tf_tchinese.txt
92.73% downloading ./orangebox/tf/scripts/items/items_game.txt
92.77% downloading ./orangebox/tf/scripts/talker/response_rules.txt
92.91% downloading ./orangebox/tf/scripts/game_sounds_weapons.txt
92.94% downloading ./orangebox/tf/scripts/hudlayout.res
93.10% downloading ./orangebox/tf/sound/weapons/pan/melee_frying_pan_01.wav
93.24% downloading ./orangebox/tf/sound/weapons/pan/melee_frying_pan_02.wav
93.41% downloading ./orangebox/tf/sound/weapons/pan/melee_frying_pan_03.wav
93.58% downloading ./orangebox/tf/sound/weapons/pan/melee_frying_pan_04.wav
93.89% downloading ./orangebox/tf/sound/weapons/pan/pan_impact_world1.wav
94.20% downloading ./orangebox/tf/sound/weapons/pan/pan_impact_world2.wav
94.52% downloading ./orangebox/tf/sound/weapons/pan/pan_impact_world3.wav
94.52% downloading ./orangebox/tf/steam.inf

Updating 'Team Fortress 2 Materials' from version 73 to version 74

94.52% downloading ./orangebox/tf/materials/backpack/player/items/demo/drinking_hat.vmt
94.52% downloading ./orangebox/tf/materials/backpack/player/items/demo/drinking_hat_large.vmt
94.52% downloading ./orangebox/tf/materials/models/player/items/all_class/dueling_medal_bronze.vmt
94.52% downloading ./orangebox/tf/materials/models/player/items/all_class/dueling_medal_gold.vmt
94.52% downloading ./orangebox/tf/materials/models/player/items/all_class/dueling_medal_platinum.vmt
94.53% downloading ./orangebox/tf/materials/models/player/items/all_class/dueling_medal_silver.vmt
94.53% downloading ./orangebox/tf/materials/models/player/items/demo/demo_tricorne.vmt
94.53% downloading ./orangebox/tf/materials/models/player/items/demo/inquisitor_blue.vmt
94.53% downloading ./orangebox/tf/materials/models/player/items/demo/witchhunter_blue.vmt
94.53% downloading ./orangebox/tf/materials/models/player/items/engineer/train_hat.vmt
94.54% downloading ./orangebox/tf/materials/models/player/items/engineer/train_hat_blue.vmt
94.54% downloading ./orangebox/tf/materials/models/player/items/heavy/heavy_stocking_cap_blue.vmt
94.54% downloading ./orangebox/tf/materials/models/player/items/pyro/pyro_chicken.vmt
94.54% downloading ./orangebox/tf/materials/models/player/items/pyro/pyro_chicken_blue.vmt
94.55% downloading ./orangebox/tf/materials/models/player/items/pyro/sombrero_blu.vmt
94.55% downloading ./orangebox/tf/materials/models/player/items/pyro/sombrero_red.vmt
94.55% downloading ./orangebox/tf/materials/models/player/items/soldier/soldier_samurai_blue.vmt
94.56% downloading ./orangebox/tf/materials/models/player/items/soldier/soldier_samurai_horn.vmt
94.56% downloading ./orangebox/tf/materials/models/player/items/soldier/soldier_samurai_red.vmt
94.56% downloading ./orangebox/tf/materials/models/player/items/spy/spy_beret.vmt
94.56% downloading ./orangebox/tf/materials/models/player/items/spy/spy_beret_blue.vmt

BTW, thanks for the L4D2 bacon!

Blizzard

Banned
MicVlaD said:
No, I meant that after the patch you could indefinitely eat a sandvich again like you should be able to, but now they fixed it so that it's back on a cooldown (à la throwing the sandvich).

I don't like it at all.
Okay, so the -polycount patch- brought back infinite sandvich eating, as long as the heavy was injured, but now this patch to that patch got rid of it again? :lol Complicated!

I'd almost forgotten infinite sandviches. At any rate, that makes me feel better, since I hardly EVER eat a sandvich normally instead of just throwing it to a teammate or myself. In fact, I thought there was a bug for the last couple of months (that I mentioned) where if you ate a sandvich, your cooldown timer would fill back up and then you couldn't eat or throw it at all.

Remy

Steam Community appears to be back up but the Steam Cloud was down when I just tried to boot up. I NEEDS MAH ITEMS!

(._.)

Banned
Was down for me also hence why I have been on GAF for so long tonight. Need my fix of TF2. Steam just updated also.

Blizzard

Banned
Okay, I just tested, and I can't really tell any difference in the sandvich except that it works better. You can now eat it infinitely (no cooldown for eating), you can still throw it, it still recharges whether you're injured or not, and it looks like they fixed the bug where eating it prevented you from using it again.

The only thing that MIGHT be happening is that it seems like there's an additional half second or so of delay between when you throw it down and when you can eat it.

*edit* MicVlad can't do eat sandviches without a cooldown, and I can. I don't know what to think now. :lol I'm almost afraid to reconnect to the server since it might go away.

*edit again* After reconnecting, I can still do the same. Apparently the situation is:
1. Taunt with sandvich at full health, don't have cooldown.
2. Taunt with sandvich while injured, don't have cooldown.
3. Click with sandvich at full health, don't have cooldown.
4. Click with sandvich while injured, DO have cooldown.

Unfortunately, that last presumably implies they just messed up with their patch and will fix the other cases soon...but thankfully it doesn't affect sandvich throwing so whateva, yo!

(._.)

Banned
wonder if I should trade the chief and get it back in a week when it isn't rare

EDIT: gonna breakdown if those three hats cheack napper level

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Nolimit_SS said:
I'm not getting L4D2 items for some reason. Anyone else?
Does't seem like anyone has, most likey will kick in later tonight.

Also, it looks like the new update made have made it possible to craft away the Cheater's Lament, Ghastly Gibus, Mann Co. Cap, and the like, though I haven't tried since I don't want to lose them by mistake (Plus, any hat you get from them would still be untradable)

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Clydefrog said:
Do you guys even play anymore? or just trade items?
Yes :lol

Once I get a pair of GRU, I want to try jumping onto the final point as a heavy just to catch Red off guard. Anyone have an extra pair?

Brak

Clydefrog said:
Do you guys even play anymore? or just trade items?
There were some really good matches last night... until the server crashed.

I also realized that I hate the final map of Pipeline, mostly because I suck at it.

rac

Banned
(._.) said:
wonder if I should trade the chief and get it back in a week when it isn't rare

EDIT: gonna breakdown if those three hats cheack napper level
Should of trading them for 4 hats while you could. Your best bet now is to hold on to them until more crate series come up. Maybe they'll value will come back after that.

(._.)

Banned
Found a guy who is willing to trade me 4 hats for it :)lol )

Going to try and get his best ones and then later do a 2:1 deal for a Chief.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
(._.) said:
Found a guy who is willing to trade me 4 hats for it :)lol )

Going to try and get his best ones and then later do a 2:1 deal for a Chief.
Which hats? Can I have one, the only normal hat I have is a nice spy cap :lol

Drkirby said:
Once I get a pair of GRU, I want to try jumping onto the final point as a heavy just to catch Red off guard. Anyone have an extra pair?

The GRU feel like the trade-off is too much for what they do. The speed boost really isn't that noticeable, and in exchange you're taking a -6 hit each second or so, they don't retain the KGB's crit mechanic, and on top of that they have an extra damage restriction for some reason. They should let you run more toward Equalizer speeds, or take off the damage restriction or something.

Boonoo

Kulock said:
The GRU feel like the trade-off is too much for what they do. The speed boost really isn't that noticeable, and in exchange you're taking a -6 hit each second or so, they don't retain the KGB's crit mechanic, and on top of that they have an extra damage restriction for some reason. They should let you run more toward Equalizer speeds, or take off the damage restriction or something.

You really think the heavy running at scout speeds is a viable option? Running at (near) medic speed is pretty noticeable in my experience. And the damage reduction is only to the gloves where it doesn't really matter. Melee is an option employed in moments of desperation, and these moments won't arise nearly as often since you have better mobility in general.

Twig

Banned
Kulock said:
Strongly disagree.

I'll just leave it at that.

Blizzard

Banned
As someone who has long suffered slow heavy speeds, the GRU are definitely an improvement. I haven't done the calculations, but I think it's about as fast as a pyro/medic, and you MIGHT even be able to outrun or keep even with spy speed. You can definitely outrun soldiers.

Now we just need a set of iron gloves that makes (whether or not they're equipped) the heavy actually HEAVY, so sentry guns and airblasts don't affect him much. And then we can see about a jetpack... :D

Yasae

Banned
Blizzard said:
As someone who has long suffered slow heavy speeds, the GRU are definitely an improvement. I haven't done the calculations, but I think it's about as fast as a pyro/medic, and you MIGHT even be able to outrun or keep even with spy speed. You can definitely outrun soldiers.

Now we just need a set of iron gloves that makes (whether or not they're equipped) the heavy actually HEAVY, so sentry guns and airblasts don't affect him much. And then we can see about a jetpack... :D
BUT THAT'S SO OVERPOWERED! I SHOULD BE ABLE TO DEFEAT MINUTES OF CHARGE TIME AND TEAMWORK WITH ONE BUTTON PRESS!!!!!!!!!!! AND I SHOULD HAVE NO FORESEEABLE COUNTER!!!!

Boonoo

Blizzard said:

Movement speeds

Heavy revved is 37
Heavy is 77
Demo Scullcutter 79
Soldier is 80
Demo is 93
Heavy GRU is 100
Spy is 100
Sniper is 100
Engineer is 100
Pyro is 100
Medic is 107
Demo Eyelander charged 123
Soldier low Equalizer 128
Scout is 133

Now we just need a set of iron gloves that makes (whether or not they're equipped) the heavy actually HEAVY, so sentry guns and airblasts don't affect him much. And then we can see about a jetpack..

Iron Gloves:
All speeds halved. Heavy cannot be by moved by any enemy (airblast, stickies, rockets, sentries, FAN, etc)
New Speeds for Heavy while wearing gloves.

Heavy while revved 13
Heavy 38
Minigun windup and down time 1.8 seconds (normal is .87)
Jump distance halved.

I say go for it!

moojito

So, the spy hat. How do you go about getting that? Is it a spy token and 4 refined metal, and just hope for the best?

Blizzard

Banned
No Boonoo, speed needs to be 67% or 75%...or else the iron gloves come with an iron helm that prevents headshots and reduces other sniper damage by 50%. :D

desh

I got 3 crates in the last 5 days. Two were the same, and the third one was the one with the Black Box in it. I already traded one of my crates away.

Oh, does anyone know if you can reset your achievements, and if you do, does that mean you can get the non-craftable, non-tradeable versions of the tier 1 weapons, e.g. ubersaw or natasha.

Yasae

Banned
Blizzard said:
No Boonoo, speed needs to be 67% or 75%...or else the iron gloves come with an iron helm that prevents headshots and reduces other sniper damage by 50%. :D
And prevents airblasts, and buffs defense, and increases health and...

notsol337

marked forever
Blizzard said:

No, this is an awful idea and you know it! Stop reaching for God Mode!

Blizzard

Banned
I love medics. I just had three dominations (mostly frying pan?) on Egypt. I feel like the shield recharges faster than it used to, but I'm probably just imagining things. :lol

And to answer your question, n0b, I imagine with the demo shield, no health reduction from the sword, and medic healing/overhealing, fire would indeed do very little damage. If you were using the degreaser I assume the afterburn would be even less, as well.

woxel1

I am never playing with that much lag again. Mucks up the whole experience. It was fun though helping you out with those frying pan dominations, Blizz.

Blizzard

Banned
woxel1 said:
I am never playing with that much lag again. Mucks up the whole experience. It was fun though helping you out with those frying pan dominations, Blizz.
You had a ping of 82 in the screenshot I took...I hardly ever go below 30-60 as far as I remember. I do occasionally have the freeze thing where I can still hear people talking for a couple of seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom