• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

notsol337

marked forever
I just got a series one crate, and I'm willing to trade it for pretty much anything. Any of the new weapons would be nice, except the fish because I have one.

Stupid crates are going to start annoying me.

*Edit* - The crate is gone!

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
GAF Server IP: 68.232.178.184:27015
Steam Community group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Neogaf-TF2

28tdtld.jpg

moojito

How likely am I to find someone wanting to trade the spy hat for weapons? I have a fish, the heavy running fast gloves and the new medic saw as well as the usual assortment of old weapons. Do you people who follow trading see any of this going on, or are hats considered way too valuable to trade for weapons?

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
moojito said:
How likely am I to find someone wanting to trade the spy hat for weapons? I have a fish, the heavy running fast gloves and the new medic saw as well as the usual assortment of old weapons. Do you people who follow trading see any of this going on, or are hats considered way too valuable to trade for weapons?
Polycount Weapons can be crafted with just 1 weapon and 3 scrap metal. I can't see anyone trading hats for something as easy as that. I know I wouldn't.

Javaman

Yeef said:
Steam's been acting up lately. A few days ago my favorite server list got completely wiped. It didn't happen all at once though. One server disappeared, then a few hours later another did and on until they were all gone.

Same here. I'm down to just one favorite. F7s
lolz

Volcynika said:
Java and his janky ass server last night with all the crashin!
Yeah, I'm not sure what was up with that unless valve busted something with the last update. Upwards kept crashing like crazy. Was it stable later on after I left?

I've got an extra fish if anyone needs it.

Ultimatum

Banned
Team Fortress 2
98.6 hrs / 200.5 hrs (in the last two weeks)

hl2.exe still runs sometimes even after I close it, meaning my hours are building up like crazy... I've only actually played 2-3 hours over the last two weeks (most of that being the highlander thing). anybody know how I can fix this?

and I just added up my hours from the class play time list, and it comes up to 48.8 hours D:

oh well, at least I look hardcore now :lol

Blizzard

Banned
Ultimatum said:
Team Fortress 2
98.6 hrs / 200.5 hrs (in the last two weeks)

hl2.exe still runs sometimes even after I close it, meaning my hours are building up like crazy... I've only actually played 2-3 hours over the last two weeks (most of that being the highlander thing). anybody know how I can fix this?

and I just added up my hours from the class play time list, and it comes up to 48.8 hours D:

oh well, at least I look hardcore now :lol
I forget to check that, but I think it's happened to me too. I just kill hl2.exe when I notice it.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I haven't had that problem. While my computer sucks, TF2 is much more stable on it then most of you guys claim it is. Like, I think it has only crashed once in the past few months for me.

moojito

On a whim I fired up ye olde half life 2 yesterday, and it runs totally smooth at 1440x900 with all graphics settings up full. With tf2 I have to turn them all right down and still get some stuttering. It's surprising how much more system intensive the cartoony look is!

Ultimatum

Banned
moojito said:
On a whim I fired up ye olde half life 2 yesterday, and it runs totally smooth at 1440x900 with all graphics settings up full. With tf2 I have to turn them all right down and still get some stuttering. It's surprising how much more system intensive the cartoony look is!
I don't think it's the cartoony look. At launch, tf2 ran amazingly on lots of different systems, but with all of the clutter they added over the years, it's just made the game much more intensive.

Blizzard

Banned
rac, what is your ingame name? I can't find you anywhere on my friends list or recently played games list, or a familiar icon unless I just overlooked it. I wanted to ask you what you got out of the box I traded to you.

rac

Banned
Blizzard said:
rac, what is your ingame name? I can't find you anywhere on my friends list or recently played games list, or a familiar icon unless I just overlooked it. I wanted to ask you what you got out of the box I traded to you.
Ingame name is rac. And I got a dueling minigame :(

rac

Banned
notsol337 said:
Oh, if someone wants to play scout this sunday in the highlander tourney, be my guest! I'd like to give sniper a go.
You know if its alright with boonoo I'd like to switch from soldier to scout.

Javaman

Lionheart1337 said:
^ you should be ashamed of yourself.

:lol When did the game come out? I need to do the math...

Edit: According to my Primevil medal it was Sep 07. It's hard to believe the game has been out 3 years. Roughly 1.3 hours of game play per day since launch.

I've played 1500 hrs and all I got was this lousy hat.
hat_third_nr_sized.png

Brak

Another trading post.

Looking to complete my armory, I need:

- Shortstop
- Sydney Sleeper
- Your Eternal Reward
- Rocket Jumper
- Crit-a-Cola
- Homewrecker
- Pain Train

I have:

- Vita Saw (x2)
- v. Bonk
- v. Equalizer
- v. Direct Hit
- v. Gunboats
- v. Targe
- v. Scottish Resistance
- v. Blutsauger
- v. KGB
- v. Sandvich
- v. Dalokahs
- v. Axtinguisher
- v. Flare Gun
- v. Dead Ringer
- v. Gunslinger
- v. Southern Hospitality
- Crate Series 1
- Crate Series 2
- Slot token: Melee (x2)

I'd also like to swap my Killer's Kabuto and Frenchmen's Beret on a 1:1 basis for the following hats:
- Pyro Brainslug
- Heavy Hound Dog
- Heavy Ushanka
- Engie Hot Rod (welding mask)
- Engie Mining Light
- Medic Mirror
- Medic Goggles
- Sniper's Sola Topi

add me on steam,or pm if you're interested. I'd be willing to throw in a name tag, crates or metals to any hat deal if the offer is right.
Steam id: Ghostrock

Yeef

Hey, Java!

I'm planning on switching my web host in the next couple of months to one with unlimited space and bandwidth. Whenever that goes down would you be able to use it for sv_downloadurl so we can play more custom maps or does Gameservers disable that ability unless you pay them?

[Edit] http://steamcommunity.com/id/yeef/stats/TF2

I played for a few months when the orange box was first released then quit up until they first implemented drops. I came back then, briefly and reset my stats, but I don't think it would've made a big difference. Then I came back for good when the gold wrenches were being given out.

I'm having a weird issue with TF2.

Often when I first go into TF2 I'll launch an offline practice match on Nucleus, looking at the spawn door -- on a good day -- I'm hitting upwards of ~120FPS or so with 12 bots, everything on low in 1600x1200. But every now and then, I'll launch the game, stand in the same position on the same map and be at around ~50FPS instead. It's the same for other maps as well. Now I found that doing a defragmentation of the gamefiles through Steam fixes the issue, but the thing is it can go back to the same shitty state the very same day. I even did a full system defrag today to see if that would fix it, it didn't.

I'm sure the files aren't being fragmented that much in such short a time, and I have no idea what could be causing the issue as I really don't have anything running in the background. It's the same conditions, but half the framerate, and the mysterious Steam defrag fixes it every time.

Using Nvidia, multicore enabled and all that jazz.

Thoughts?

Sciz

Danne-Danger said:
I'm having a weird issue with TF2.

Often when I first go into TF2 I'll launch an offline practice match on Nucleus, looking at the spawn door -- on a good day -- I'm hitting upwards of ~120FPS or so with 12 bots, everything on low in 1600x1200. But every now and then, I'll launch the game, stand in the same position on the same map and be at around ~50FPS instead. It's the same for other maps as well. Now I found that doing a defragmentation of the gamefiles through Steam fixes the issue, but the thing is it can go back to the same shitty state the very same day. I even did a full system defrag today to see if that would fix it, it didn't.

I'm sure the files aren't being fragmented that much in such short a time, and I have no idea what could be causing the issue as I really don't have anything running in the background. It's the same conditions, but half the framerate, and the mysterious Steam defrag fixes it every time.

Using Nvidia, multicore enabled and all that jazz.

Thoughts?
I've heard it said that Steam's built-in defragger is fairly useless, and using something that can actually defrag the file structure of the GCFs like HLExtract is the way to go. Maybe worth a shot.

esc said:
You are probably a "no name" according to Java. :p Java is an ass like that.
I hope not :D At least 200 of java's 1030302395 hours played he spent playing with or against me!

Had some good times playing TF2 these last few days, hopefully me and the o'l girl still have a few weeks left together.

Javaman

Kuro Madoushi said:
Jesus! 3 times the amount of time I've spent on engie, and 100 hrs more than medic!

You crazy mofo, Java!

Those are pretty much the only classes I play. Support is much easier for my slowing reflexes haahah.

I'll switch up if it becomes necessary though. (spy/soldier for buildings. etc.)

Danne-Danger said:
I'm hitting upwards of ~120FPS or so with 12 bots, everything on low in 1600x1200. But every now and then, I'll launch the game, stand in the same position on the same map and be at around ~50FPS instead.

Thoughts?

Closing Firefox fixes a similar problem for me. Sometimes it causes crazy framerate drops. Are you running with minimal stuff in the background?

Javaman said:
Closing Firefox fixes a similar problem for me. Sometimes it causes crazy framerate drops. Are you running with minimal stuff in the background?
Pretty much just Firefox running in the background, if anything. But I have 8 gigs of RAM so... anyway, I'll see if it has an effect.
Sciz said:
I've heard it said that Steam's built-in defragger is fairly useless, and using something that can actually defrag the file structure of the GCFs like HLExtract is the way to go. Maybe worth a shot.
Yeah I figured as much, I'll try that thingie instead.

Thanks!

Boonoo said:
Here's a quick youtube guide for it. I've been using it, and have been pleased with the results.

Once you set it up it's real easy to just run after every update.
Right, thanks!

Boonoo

Danne-Danger said:
Pretty much just Firefox running in the background, if anything. But I have 8 gigs of RAM so... anyway, I'll see if it has an effect.

Yeah I figured as much, I'll try that thingie instead.

Thanks!

Here's a quick youtube guide for it. I've been using it, and have been pleased with the results.

Once you set it up it's real easy to just run after every update.

It was totally Firefox that was causing it. Alt-tabbing to open a single window chopped the framerate in half, and it stayed that way even if I closed Firefox and reloaded the map.

Freaky stuff!

*Wait, just alt-tabbing chops the framerate in half, I usually don't do that much though... and it doesn't explain my main problem.

**Having just a single firefox window up when starting seems to take ~30FPS off the top, that would probably be noticable on a few maps.

Maybe it's just a combination of the two.

Yeef

Javaman said:
Pretty much. It's not much money but I refuse to pay out of principal.

http://i54.tinypic.com/2mrgpci.jpg
I know that gameservers offers their own redirect server hosting, but are you positive that you can't just manually set sv_downloadurl if you don't use their hosting? I'm not seeing anything in that image that says you HAVE to use their hosting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom