• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boonoo

Blizzard said:
Overheal bug? Was the pyro hammer not supposed to overheal you?

Medigun overheal broke so that it overhealed for less but then that overheal didn't degrade over time. Which, now that I think about it, could make for an interesting medigun mechanic if they just left uber as is.

Oh! I remembered something I was going to write earlier.

I think Valve's policies towards breaking Steam accounts are pretty worrisome. But I like that they admit (based on that series of PCGamer interviews) that this is an area that they really need to work on. It seems like the MW2 debacle was a real eye opener. Hopefully they'll move towards more transparent methods.

Twig

Banned
Blizzard said:
Also, over the last couple of days I've had TF2 just freeze for a couple of seconds and then comes back, and that's something I never really recall seeing before, unless it's a result of me enabling multicore rendering recently. Yesterday it even completely froze up TF2/Steam etc. until I killed HL2.exe, upon which Steam became responsive again.
Man, TF2 is horrible.

At least once a night GUARANTEED video drivers crash.

At least twice a night GUARANTEED stutter fest - sometimes it goes away after ten minutes and sometimes I have to restart TF2 to make it go away.

It's horrible. ):

Hugbot

Boonoo said:
Medigun overheal broke so that it overhealed for less but then that overheal didn't degrade over time. Which, now that I think about it, could make for an interesting medigun mechanic if they just left uber as is.
Wasn't that a mechanic they were playing around with around the time they were testing items for the Engineer Update / GRU? Maybe they were screwing around with the wrong files and we'll see a third Medigun soon.

Blizzard said:
Maybe they are waiting until the other polycount pack is ready.

What major bugs are there besides the sniper rifle going through people and getting random crits? (if those are bugs) I know the new spy knife sometimes acts weird for me, where it plays the sound but doesn't do the animation stab.

Also, over the last couple of days I've had TF2 just freeze for a couple of seconds and then comes back, and that's something I never really recall seeing before, unless it's a result of me enabling multicore rendering recently. Yesterday it even completely froze up TF2/Steam etc. until I killed HL2.exe, upon which Steam became responsive again.
Nothing big, but here's a few things that come to mind:

- No hands for the Heavy occasionally for some reason.
- Permanently piss-soaked Tough Guy's Toque on Blu, always on Blu.
- Sound spazzing out at the end of the round (crits loop).
- Game 'freezing' for a couple of seconds, without Steam losing connection.
- Corrupted title screen when you boot the game up (goes away when it's done loading), sometimes.
- Several others I can't remember right now.

Twig

Banned
MicVlaD said:

- Corrupted title screen when you boot the game up (goes away when it's done loading), sometimes.
wow i finally realized what's happening in your avatar it only took me for fucking ever to see it

Blizzard

Banned
MicVlaD said:

Darn, now that you mention it, I may have seen the first four of those. I just figured I was crazy or something with the Blu toque having ugly colors.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Java, can you add a Gameplay Stats section to the TF2 Group on Steam, like other groups have? It would be nice to see how much TF2 we play Collectivly, and see what other games we waste our time with :lol

MNC

Oh man. I still have the s%3 bug for teleporters. Yay for Dutch in game text. ;p

Also, think about it. THE most epic (I hardly use this word, forgive me) Payload map.

Boming the Mann. Co Main Office. Holy shit.

MAKE. IT. HAPPENNNNNNNNNNNNNN.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Looks like the Mann. Co Hat is currented owned by about 13% of people. This puts it between the Lumbricus Lid (12.79%) and the Earbuds (14.22%)

Now to see if it stays around long enough to over take Bill's Hat (At 20%) or not.

On a side note, the Polycount badge is more rare then the Golden Wrench. Right now the Golden Wrench is the 5th Rarest item (The Propaganda Contest hats are the rarest)

Also, Pugillis't Protector is current the most rare normal hat, but current all the Polycount hats are rarer then the rarest hat before Polycount (Which was the Gentleman's Gatsby), the Sombraro will likely overtake it soon though.

All the set hats have roughly the same ownership ratios, but Ol' Snaggle Tooth is currently the most common, and the Attendent is the rarest (But they are owned by 2.44% and 2.28% of players respecfully, so its not a major difference)

These are all esstimates from TF2 stats based off a sample group of roughly 80,000 people though.

Boonoo

Drkirby said:
Looks like the Mann. Co Hat is currented owned by about 13% of people. This puts it between the Lumbricus Lid (12.79%) and the Earbuds (14.22%)

Now to see if it stays around long enough to over take Bill's Hat (At 20%) or not.

On a side note, the Polycount badge is more rare then the Golden Wrench. Right now the Golden Wrench is the 5th Rarest item (The Propaganda Contest hats are the rarest)

Poor Sam and Max items. Only 3.75ish%

It's also worth noting that these item statistics are gathered from active TF2 players. It would be amazing if Valve released full stats.

Looking at the achievement stats only 29.4% of TF2 owners have completed the Gibus achievement while 97% of active (on that day) players own it.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Boonoo said:
Poor Sam and Max items. Only 3.75ish%
And why is Max's head lower then the two guns. smh.

To be fair, its likely a large number of people who preordered season 3 did so right though TellTale.

Looking at the achievement stats only 29.4% of TF2 owners have completed the Gibus achievement while 97% of active (on that day) players own it.
Which more or less means only a bit more then 30% of all people who actually own TF2 have played it in the last year.

Iron Kurtain is also the most common Class Specific Achivement, with about 50% of people having it.

Boonoo

Drkirby said:
And why is Max's head lower then the two guns. smh.

To be fair, its likely a large number of people who preordered season 3 did so right though TellTale.

I believe they were still given the items, though.

Looking at the numbers it's only a difference of around 30 people. I think it would be safe to assume that they traded theirs away to someone that wasn't counted--the hat being a more desirable trading item than the guns.

Which more or less means only 30% of all people who own TF2 have played it in the last year.

I wonder if that's considered a success or not. Based on the accounts that I, personally have purchased--2 for me, 1 for my mom, 1 for my brother's gf--mine is the only one with that achievement, so there's definitely some obscuring going on. Without full numbers it's hard to draw anything but the roughest conclusions.

(._.)

Banned
Protector is very rare but I would say the Chieftan's is the most rare class hat atm DrKirby. It is in major demand on all forums.

Boonoo

(._.) said:
Protector is very rare but I would say the Chieftan's is the most rare class hat atm DrKirby. It is in major demand on all forums.

Well given the sample size we're talking a difference in 40 people. 1) it's probably statistical noise, and 2) rarity isn't the only driving force behind demand. I'd say 1) that more people play soldier than heavy and 2) that the Chieftain is one of the flashiest hats out there compared to the Protector have more to do with it than rarity.

(._.)

Banned
Boonoo said:
Well given the sample size we're talking a difference in 40 people. 1) it's probably statistical noise, and 2) rarity isn't the only driving force behind demand. I'd say 1) that more people play soldier than heavy and 2) that the Chieftain is one of the flashiest hats out there compared to the Protector have more to do with it than rarity.
What I meant by rare was just hard to get in general. All those factors are reasons why so many people want them. People that are willing to trade them are only accepting crazy offers.

MicVlaD said:

I'm pretty sure this is only with the Killing Gloves of Boxing. I switched back to just fists and haven't had the glitch since.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Apperently a Heavy with the GRU can jump onto the final point at Steal right from the Start :lol

The Pyro with the full Attendent kit should be able to do it to, but it had a pretty small margin of error.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
MicVlaD said:

I personally love the new bug where a building cannot be repaired. Seen it three times so far.

Boonoo

an update just came out, too.

Shared changes (CS:S, DoD:S, HL2: DM, and TF2)
* ServerBrowser now sorts by ping by default once again.
* Fixed Mac crash on launch when running Mac OSX 10.5.8.
* Fixed spectator bug where spectating a Sniper looking through scope didn't zoom fov.

Team Fortress 2
General Fixes
* Fixed an issue that caused some old demos to crash.
* The server browser now sorts by ping by default.
* The Trading dialog now starts with the chat window having focus.
* Fixed a bug that caused overheal to not work properly.
* Fixed the Sandvich cooldown not occurring when the Heavy is hurt.
* Fixed the Heavy's hands being invisible.
* Soldiers no longer maintain their rage level when changing loadout.
* Alerts now sort on top of achievement status.
* Prevented a bad state occurring when someone tried to trade with themselves.
* Fixed a dueling related crash caused by custom scoreboard UIs.
* Fixed players not being able to set their default FOV correctly.
* Fixed being unable to equip customized shotguns & pistols on some classes.
* Improved the explanation of the item set bonus in set item descriptions.
* Fixed a bug where items with particle systems would show up at the player's feet or pelvis.
* Fixed the wrench number for the Golden Wrench not displaying properly.
* Fixed the medal number for the Gentle Manne's Service Medal not displaying properly.
* Fixed client seeing incorrect message when changing team while participating in a duel.

Economy Changes
* Added Remove Name and Remove Paint features.
* Achievement items and store promotion items are now usable in crafting.
* Gifted items are now craftable and tradable.
* Attempting to craft a non tradable item will result in a warning that the items produced by the craft will also be marked as non tradable.
* Community, Self-Made, and Valve items are not tradable or usable in crafting.
* Changed "Not Craftable" description to "Not Usable in Crafting" to increase clarity.

Item Changes
* The TF badge on the Glengarry Bonnet is no longer team colored.
* Restored the missing PDA2 Slot Token.
* Restored the appearance of the Tippler's Tricorne to the version prior to the Mannconomy Update. This item is now paintable.
* Added a new paintable hat, the 'Rimmed Raincatcher' that has a new Tricorne style appearance.
* The Earbuds are now nameable.
* Duel fixes:
* Fixed Dueling badges using the wrong texture.
* Fixed an issue where dueling stats did not show up on dueling badges above Bronze.
* During a duel, the Dueling mini-game item used to initiate the duel cannot be deleted, traded or crafted.
* The following hats now allow the paint to affect their color more (colors should not be washed out):
* The Pugilist's Protector, The Hard Counter, The Bombing Run, Football Helmet, Fancy Fedora, Cowboy Hat, Engineer's Cap, Viking Helm, Respectless Rubber Glove, Batter's Helmet, Brigade Helm, Master's Yellow Belt, Killer's Kabuto, Backbiter's Billycock
* Dueling Mini-Game now drops with 5 uses.

Weapon Changes
* The Battalion's Backup no longer gives rage for falling damage.
* The Shortstop is now affected by tf_use_fixed_weaponspreads.
* The Gloves of Running Urgently now using the boxing taunt and boxing glove weapons are now of the type "Boxing Gloves" instead of "Fists."
* Your Eternal Reward no longer disguises the Spy if the victim survives the backstabbing attempt (because of Ubercharge, The Razorback, etc)
* Your Eternal Reward no longer disguises the Spy if they are carrying the flag.
* The Holy Mackerel no longer displays a fish hit message when a Spy disguised as the attacker's team is hit.
* The Holy Mackerel no longer triggers other death events (like achievements or stats mods) improperly.
* The Sydney Sleeper no longer penetrates targets.
* The Sydney Sleeper no longer randomly crits.
* Milk will no longer spray from the barrels of other Scout weapons when switching from the Mad Milk.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Boonoo said:
* The Sydney Sleeper no longer penetrates targets.
* The Sydney Sleeper no longer randomly crits.
* Milk will no longer spray from the barrels of other Scout weapons when switching from the Mad Milk.
FINALLY...

Normally, I'm not one to bitch about bodyshotting snipers...but I bitch when I get the headshot on those bastards first!

Twig

Banned
Yasae said:
Balderdash. Random crits is obviously overpowered. It was a feature, too, not a bug.
What?

What?

I have no idea what you're saying here.

Previously, the sleeper was a good alternative to the rifle (if an embarrassing one), but now it offers nothing worth writing home about, unless you really, really, really, really, really, hate getting headshotted as a sniper AND you have the rest of the set. Peeing on people from afar is meh.

And that's completely ignoring the random crits.

Yeef

Yeah; they definitely should've kept one or the other: random crits or penetration.Getting rid of both makes it pretty sucky.

This, however:

* Dueling Mini-Game now drops with 5 uses.
is excellent. I will have my revenge, nob!

Also, it's new item night, so you jerks need to get on the server.

* Fixed the Sandvich cooldown not occurring when the Heavy is hurt.

Booooo.

Don't even know why they changed it to be like this (pre-patch I mean) in the first place.

Twig

Banned
Yeef said:
Yeah; they definitely should've kept one or the other: random crits or penetration.Getting rid of both makes it pretty sucky.

This, however:

is excellent. I will have my revenge, nob!

Also, it's new item night, so you jerks need to get on the server.
i am forcing myself to give up tf2 (and all other games!) for at least a week because i'm falling behind in homework ):

Blizzard

Banned
Boonoo said:
an update just came out, too.
I wonder if this finally fixed that sandwich thing where if you ate your sandwich the taunt (or clicking, I guess) you would NEVER be able to use it or throw it again, even after the meter filled back up. Of course, I hardly ever eat a sandwich that way, but still. I wonder if the blue heavy toque colors are still messed up.

And I kinda agree with Twig. At least I got to try the sydney sleeper while it was fun! (much like the ambassador, in all its original glitchy hitbox-ignoring glory)

Boo, they got rid of being able to charge rage as a shoulder with the gunboats or a shotgun, it looks like. Boo, they got rid of rocket jumps to charge the battalion backup. Boo, no more GRU tauntkills (though I never got it to kill anyone so they might have been a glitch).

Overall, they made some of the new items less awesome. More fun glitches, please!

(about the random crits for the sydney sleeper, I really don't think they happened very often -- consider how the sniper probably doesn't do damage as quickly as other classes in a short period of time, and then consider that they would have to actually do a fully charged shot to get the 450 damage if I'm not mistaken...during which time a good normal gun sniper could have done 450 damage with any normal rifle shot)

SyNapSe

(._.) said:
So I guess I'll get those two in a drop since I purchased L4D2 when it came out?

Steam started auto-downloading the new patch but also L4D2 for me as soon as I entered. Does the game actually have to be installed to get the hats? Seems crazy, 3.5 gb to d/l L4D2 again

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Does "Dueling Mini-Game now drops with 5 uses." mean that I will get a free duel after 5 duels? Or that one found Dueling Mini game gives you 5 uses? I am not sure how to read it.

Wallach

Drkirby said:
Does "Dueling Mini-Game now drops with 5 uses." mean that I will get a free duel after 5 duels? Or that one found Dueling Mini game gives you 5 uses? I am not sure how to read it.

The latter.

Boonoo

New crate this week:

The Black Box
The Shortstop
L'Etranger
Sober Stuntman
Pugilist's Protector
Chieftain's Challenge
Dueling Minigame
A Deep Commitment to Purple
Australium Gold
Or an Exceedingly Rare Special Item!

Looking good.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Ah, ok. I kept thinking "After 5 uses... I drop the game?"

Also, you CAN craft the dueling guns? I tried and it didn't seem to do anything, but it says "* During a duel, the Dueling mini-game item used to initiate the duel cannot be deleted, traded or crafted."

Still hoping for Paint + Paint = Random Paint though. Also, I wonder if I can craft my extra Mann Co. Hats now if I wanted.

I hope I can still get a Series 1 box, Series 2 sounds boring.

Wallach

Boonoo said:
New crate this week:

The Black Box
The Shortstop
L'Etranger
Sober Stuntman
Pugilist's Protector
Chieftain's Challenge
Dueling Minigame
Australium Gold

Looking good.

Haha, all the tools who paid so much for one of those Cheiftain's hats are going to feel real dumb this week.

Blizzard said:
I wonder if the blue heavy toque colors are still messed up.
They're not anymore. Now I can trade the Heavy Duty Rag!

Maybe.

'Fixing' cooldown on sandvich eating still bites.

Boonoo said:
New crate this week:

The Black Box
The Shortstop
L'Etranger
Sober Stuntman
Pugilist's Protector
Chieftain's Challenge
Dueling Minigame
Australium Gold

Looking good.
Got a crate after the update.

Still a series #1. >:[

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Odd, ether my Collage blocked the ports to steam after installing TF2 like 5 times, or Steam is just having connection issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom