• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boonoo

Orellio said:
Can the next one please be on a Friday night so I can participate? :(

You're not on the roster are you? This is the ETF2L tournament.

It would be easy, though, to have a highlander night on the server every now and then if people don't mind having at 18 player limit for a while. All you'd really have to do is set all class limits to 1.

Oreoleo

Boonoo said:
OH i thought this was just a scrimmage like you guys were doing every so often a couple months ago. I've been sorta out of the loop for the past 2 months.. disregard..

Anyway we should do one of those sometime soom.. rabble rabble... etc.....

Edit: I work every Saturday and Sunday so those are bad days for me :(

rac

Banned
Boonoo said:

It would be easy, though, to have a highlander night on the server every now and then if people don't mind having at 18 player limit for a while. All you'd really have to do is set all class limits to 1.
Boonoo, notsol337 said he wanted to switch from scout to sniper. Can I switch from soldier
solly
to scout? Or is that making things too difficult?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I now have 3 normal hats, yay. Brining me up to 9 hats total and 7 unique hats (8 if you count the painted Mann Co. One as its own).

I found 2 KGBs tonight, after I crafted away the one I found a few nights ago for my GRU, damn item drop system :/

Still paranoid about using my black paint, despite me thinking Pickelhaube is one of the best looking hats with the black painted used on it, and the Baker Boy looking pretty good with it too.

Also have 7 of the new Polycount weapons without trying to hard. Crafted 4 of them, found the other 3 my self. Still have none of the Solder or Sniper ones though.

Nabs

I need a fez or a milkman.... which means they will never drop. it's going to be tough when i get enough to craft a hat.

Nabs

What's the going rate for vintage weapons?

got an extra vintage Bonk, Huntsman, Shiv, Buff Banner, Pain Train, Targe, Ubersaw, Eyelander, Scottish Resistance, Sandvich, Dalokohs Bar, Axtinguisher, Backburner, Flare Gun.

Brak

Nabs said:

got an extra vintage Bonk, Huntsman, Shiv, Buff Banner, Pain Train, Targe, Ubersaw, Eyelander, Scottish Resistance, Sandvich, Dalokohs Bar, Axtinguisher, Backburner, Flare Gun.
Seems to be about one scrap per weapon.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Nabs said:

If its not a Crit a Cola, right now just slightly more then two normal weapons (Or a scrap metal, but I would rather have the raw weapons then the scrap). Best things you could get for them would be 2 normal weapons, or a crate. You could get lucky and find someone willing to give you paint, name tags, or Dueling guns for a few, I have yet to see anyone who will do "4+ Vintage items for a hat!"

Vintage hats should be worth more then normal, but right now no one seems to care. At best some thing will sound better with the vintage tag upping the value a bit (but most likely it will be Vintage hat = Normal Hat + 1/2 weapons down the line)

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
They do though, I have a full set so I don't have to worry about them ever again. I am hoping they continue to climb in value so one Day I can trade like 1 vintage weapon for 4 :lol

Boonoo

Drkirby said:
They do though, I have a full set so I don't have to worry about them ever again. I am hoping they continue to climb in value so one Day I can trade like 1 vintage weapon for 4 :lol

I was thinking about that, but what I think will happen is that they go down in value (until it's just 1:1 for everything; I think most hats will move to 1:1 as well outside of the unusuals). As people get more and more non vintage stuff (hats, new weapons, etc) they'll care less about a complete vintage set.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I think some people are going to want a vintage version of some weapons for their more played class. Would be nice if Valve added some sort of effect to make the vintage weapons look visual older, like rust or a toned down color.

Blizzard

Banned
Schmattakopf said:
Someone on the server said they're a random drop if you have L4D2.
I find that hard to believe since everyone was supposed to get them if they bought or owned L4D2. I got them at the same time, instantly upon logging in, I thought...or maybe I had to join a server and die first.

Anyway, they basically gave them only to the cool people. If you're not cool enough I think DrKirby got his late, so there's still a chance Valve will change their mind and give you some too!

Trouble

Banned
Schmattakopf said:
Maybe you have to log some time playing L4D2 since the update or something crazy like that.
Nah. I got mine the morning of last Thurs. Haven't logged into L4D2 in a while.

You may need to have L4D2 installed to get them, but I'm not sure about that.

Clydefrog

Fucking heavies.

qXBdx.jpg

qz7JS.jpg

Vhn4K.jpg

oh, and.. :lol

qGPmh.jpg

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
leroidys said:
I still haven't gotten these. Anybody else? Do you have to do something special?
I just installed and booted up L4D2 once. Try starting up L4D2, that may be what causes it to kick in.

Blizzard

Banned
So I was going to go to bed, but then I accidentally found TF2 youtube videos. They may be old but here are the ones that I liked for whatever reason.

The real-life situation converted to TF2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7L0uokNp0aM

The terrifying:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HxlrXPSnjA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8yA31HcS-s

The amusing teamwork:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EFYzVvn3zc

The massing bots for machinima:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dn9970dxQ2g

Bonus:
http://www.halolz.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/halolz-dot-com-teamfortress2-piratefortress2.jpg

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Yeah, I got the items. Don't know whats up, though its nothing to great so I wouldn't have minded waiting also.

Still no Ellis Cap for me. Kind of annoying, I've even tried playing a round on L4D2, then playing TF2 for a while to try to get it to appear.

I'd be disappointed if it didn't drop right because I crafted the Frying Pan before, because it's not like that was a particularly obscure crafting combination, it was just craft a melee item for either of two different classes. I was trying for one at the time, but I could just as well have been trying to craft the Eyelander that hadn't dropped for me for weeks.

KJTB

leroidys said:
I still haven't gotten these. Anybody else? Do you have to do something special?

I got my pan and hat after playing a few games on l4d2. They appeared randomly in my backpack after dying in game (tf2)

Boonoo

From all the responses(items after buying without installing, without playing, with playing) I think it's safe to surmise that there's no clear means of getting the L4D items. The only possible indicator is when you bought the game, and even that's suspect.

Since they mentioned that this would take some time I figure that it's best just to sit and wait; I very much doubt we won't receive the items eventually.

Boonoo said:
Since they mentioned that this would take some time I figure that it's best just to sit and wait; I very much doubt we won't receive the items eventually.

You're probably right. I guess it takes them longer to retroactively check if people bought the game and own TF2 than to just flag the people who buy the game then and there.

platypotamus said:
I got a name tag. Now I've got to come up with a clever fun name for one of my items. So much pressure :(

"Platy's oh god how did this get here"

I've thought about if someone got a bunch of name tags, and just swapped their equipment names around to mess with people. Razorback becomes "The Chargin' Targe," the Power Jack "The Axtinguisher," that sort of thing.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Hope to get on tonight to test out my new computer with you guys. I got everything up and running around 6am and jumped into a few games...but didn't get a chance to try anything since they were a bunch of shitty n00bs. I was the top player as a shitty scout :p

I tried turning on multicore mode this time and it seemed to work. If anything, animations were a little clearer, which helped me dodge better. Again, hopefully I'll get a chance to try it out tonight more.

Boonoo

Kuro Madoushi said:
Hope to get on tonight to test out my new computer with you guys. I got everything up and running around 6am and jumped into a few games...but didn't get a chance to try anything since they were a bunch of shitty n00bs. I was the top player as a shitty scout :p

I tried turning on multicore mode this time and it seemed to work. If anything, animations were a little clearer, which helped me dodge better. Again, hopefully I'll get a chance to try it out tonight more.

What are your specs? And I think pretty much everyone that can should have multicore up and running now. Since they're revamped it it's been real nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom